PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots downgrade 5 to out for tommorow's game

Status
Not open for further replies.
From watching the few rushes he had this season. He still has big play ability.

He has had 25 attempts for 98 yards..for 3.9 yards per rush with a long run of 24 yards

BJGE has had 133 attempts for 568 yards for a 4.3 yards per carry with a long run of 36 yards.

BJGE did not have a negative rushing attempt last week, which is remarkable.

Not quite sure how you make that claim after the aforementioned evidence is introduced.

Let's just hope he doesn't leave the game this time with an undisclosed toe injury :cool: . He had that big run vs the jets that was taken back and he played well in the preseason vs atlanta. So who knows.

Neal and Taylor on the field at the same time = blue moon.
We just had a Blue Moon, last week and they weren't out there together

Last edited:
I agree. I don't expect to see more than 2 DL's playing in nickel schemes. More if more put their hand on the ground, but they would be Banta-Cain or Cunningham or even Arrington, not a defensive lineman.

Personally, I never miss Pryor much. On the other hand, Wright is a major loss.

My guess is they will continue to use the 24 nickel that they employed with some success in the Colts game. With only two linemen on in any play, you can rotate frequently.

He has had 25 attempts for 98 yards..for 3.9 yards per rush with a long run of 24 yards

BJGE has had 133 attempts for 568 yards for a 4.3 yards per carry with a long run of 36 yards.

BJGE did not have a negative rushing attempt last week, which is remarkable.

Not quite sure how you make that claim after the aforementioned evidence is introduced.
BJGE's longest run is 26. Taylor had like a 35 yard run vs NY which was called back because of Tate lining up incorrectly.

Anyway there's not much point in discussing this right now, we'll find out who's better soon enough.

BJGE's longest run is 26. Taylor had like a 35 yard run vs NY which was called back because of Tate lining up incorrectly.

Anyway there's not much point in discussing this right now, we'll find out who's better soon enough.

The better is the guy is the guy who can actually get on the field and cover yards. Simple equation in my books. This Benny/Woody tandem is playing out pretty nicely if you ask me.

I agree. I don't expect to see more than 2 DL's playing in nickel schemes. More if more put their hand on the ground, but they would be Banta-Cain or Cunningham or even Arrington, not a defensive lineman.

It looks like the 24 nickel formed the majority of the reps on D with a few 15 (with Love) and the occasional 3 man front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back