PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots - Dolphins week 15 injury reports and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Solder is playing sorta like Light when he was getting killed here. For the most part he is playing solid protecting Brady's blind side, but there are one or two plays a game where he is completely out of place and lets someone by with ease. It probably happened more often this year than a typical year in Light's career, but I still think it is similar.

That said, Light got killed for being a turnstile for most of his career even though he was a solid to great LT for most of his career.

Yes & no. I was never a real critic of Light's play. Everyone whiffs. Solder went from excellent to putting the Franchise in real danger too many times. Never mind the turn overs as a result. Something is not quite right. I hope Dante knows what it is and can work with the guy to fix it.

How long does a sprained foot generally take to heal? Seems like Dobsons already had two weeks it can't take that long can it?

Actually just looked online says it could take 2-4 weeks for a mild sprain

It seems as if he's having the most trouble with the outside pass rush. A footwork issue? LTs are LTs and not RTs (for a right handed QB) because they're supposed to be much faster on their feet.

Or maybe he went to Spain in the off season and bull fighting matadors eked into his subconscious. I dunno.

First, I've got to note that I haven't rewatched games this year, so I can only comment on the times I watch the O-line.

Having said that, I see a guy who's slow in his backpedal and rise (or at least inconsistent with them), seems to be still functionally underpowered, and is still unable to really be comfortable on plays where he knows he doesn't have Mankins to back him up.

His inability to function at the level he should is a big problem, though, because the Patriots need to fix RG and C already, have an aging LG they'll need to groom a successor to, and can't afford for the RT to be hurt every year while the LT plays like a JAG. He's got to turn things around, because the Patriots don't have the luxury of just plugging in random LTs.

How long does a sprained foot generally take to heal? Seems like Dobsons already had two weeks it can't take that long can it?

Actually just looked online says it could take 2-4 weeks for a mild sprain

We are going to NEED him for that Ravens game thats the Game I really want us to win.

Hard to believe, but Solder has actually looked like he's regressed this year, as compared to 2011 and 2012. It will be interesting to see if anything comes out after this season is over on any injuries he may have sustained and may be playing through. But he's been anywhere from decent to awful on any given day. This past weekend really made me miss Matt Light. Solder was getting consistently abused in the first three quarters.

I'd be surprised to learn he's not nursing some kind of injury. Reason I suspect this is he actually started the season out quite strong, before this more recent precipitous decline in his play.

Miami Dolphins' Lamar Miller must pass NFL concussion test before return - Sun Sentinel

Dolphins starting tailback Lamar Miller must pass an NFL mandated baseline concussion test before he'll be cleared to return to the practice field this week.

Miller, who left Sunday's 34-28 win over the Steelers because of a concussion he suffered in the third quarter, is the second Dolphins player to suffer a head injury the past two weeks.

Starting right guard John Jerry suffered a concussion in Miami's 23-3 win over the Jets and missed all but one practice before playing against the Steelers.

Miller and the Dolphins must follow the league's protocol, which requires Miller's brain activity to match a baseline sample taken from him before this season. The baseline test will be compared with test results taken after Sunday's injury to help assess the severity, and indicate when the symptoms subside.

The Dolphins are optimistic Miller, who leads the team with 567 rushing yards on 142 carries, will be cleared to play in time for Sunday's home game against the New England Patriots. But the season-high 105 rushing yards Daniel Thomas contributed as Miller's replacement on Sunday helps alleviate some concern.​

Dolphins RB Daniel Thomas overcame injuries, disppointment to turn in his career-best game last week - Sun Sentinel

Thomas might have to carry more of the load this week. Miller left last week's game with a concussion. He has to pass the NFL-mandated concussion testing before being cleared to play in Sunday's showdown against New England.

That could mean Thomas (93 carries, 384 yards, 4.1 yards per carry, four touchdowns) is the main ball carrier in a game crucial to the Dolphins' playoff hopes.

Coach Joe Philbin said Thomas can do the job by doing two things: "Just taking advantage of his opportunities and being productive."

Thomas did that in Sunday's fourth quarter when he rumbled 55 yards to the Steelers' 16-yard line. Two plays later tight end Charles Clay bulled his way into the end zone, giving the Dolphins a 31-28 lead.

That run was the type of the play the Dolphins thought they'd get from Thomas when they traded into the second round to acquire him.​

Regarding Solder:

Man, tough crowd here. Left tackles get beat. Comes with the territory. If we watched every snap of every game of any other team in the NFL, I'm pretty sure we could find plays where the left tackle "played like crap" and got beat.

Regarding Dobson's foot sprain:

IMO, all foot injuries are potentially serious and always reason for concern. It's one of those body parts that doesn't heal predictably. Lots of tiny bones connected by fragile ligaments. Players make it worse with ultra-light speedster footgear.

I just hope Thompkins is healthy and ready to go.

Regarding Solder:

Man, tough crowd here. Left tackles get beat. Comes with the territory. If we watched every snap of every game of any other team in the NFL, I'm pretty sure we could find plays where the left tackle "played like crap" and got beat.

Regarding Dobson's foot sprain:

IMO, all foot injuries are potentially serious and always reason for concern. It's one of those body parts that doesn't heal predictably. Lots of tiny bones connected by fragile ligaments. Players make it worse with ultra-light speedster footgear.

I just hope Thompkins is healthy and ready to go.

LT's usually get beat by one weakness, if they're as good as some have made Solder out to be. That's either by speed or by strength (bull rush). Matt Light, for example, was susceptible to speed rushers but handled stronger bull rushers just fine. Solder, on the other hand, has been struggling against both this season. And he's been turning in QB hits and sacks every single week. He's definitely regressed. The only question is whether or not it's due to injury.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 1m
Nate Solder did not practice today due to a concussion. Not good. He was limited during two separate weeks w/ concussions in 2011.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 1m
Brady was limited today due to his right shoulder ailment. First time since Thursday of Week 9 he's been less than a full participant.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 1m
Nate Solder did not practice today due to a concussion. Not good. He was limited during two separate weeks w/ concussions in 2011.
These concussion injuries are a real downer.

I thought Offensive Linemen were the ones who stunned people and not the other way around. Cameron Wake and others are licking their chops poor Brady.

I thought Offensive Linemen were the ones who stunned people and not the other way around. Cameron Wake and others are licking their chops poor Brady.

If I was Mcdaniels I would plan on running the football all day.

unfortunate that Dobson is missing playing time right when he started to click with Brady.

I hope he gets cleared to play the final couple games to get reps that will help us in the playoffs if this is not some sort of serious injury.

I'm gonna believe we won't see him until the playoffs, or maybe not until next season (knowing our luck). After Boyce and Edelman missed a ton of time with foot injuries, I'm not too convinced we will see Dobson for quite some time.

I'm gonna believe we won't see him until the playoffs, or maybe not until next season (knowing our luck). After Boyce and Edelman missed a ton of time with foot injuries, I'm not too convinced we will see Dobson for quite some time.

He has to be close man, why would we keep him on the roster then? Taking up valuable space if he can't go this year.

LT's usually get beat by one weakness, if they're as good as some have made Solder out to be. That's either by speed or by strength (bull rush). Matt Light, for example, was susceptible to speed rushers but handled stronger bull rushers just fine. Solder, on the other hand, has been struggling against both this season. And he's been turning in QB hits and sacks every single week. He's definitely regressed. The only question is whether or not it's due to injury.

Nate Solder is in his second year of playing left tackle. I doubt my left tackles play error-free football in their second year. Sometimes I think we tend to hold the Patriots to an impossibly high standard. The realistic goal is to make fewer mistakes than the other team, not play perfect error-free football.

Nate Solder is in his second year of playing left tackle. I doubt my left tackles play error-free football in their second year. Sometimes I think we tend to hold the Patriots to an impossibly high standard. The realistic goal is to make fewer mistakes than the other team, not play perfect error-free football.

Nate Solder is in his third NFL season at left tackle. He's played in all 45 regular season games played during that time, and started all but 3 of them.

Nate Solder is in his third NFL season at left tackle. He's played in all 45 regular season games played during that time, and started all but 3 of them.

Matt Light started 15 games at left tackle in 2011 (Solder's rookie season).

Matt Light started 15 games at left tackle in 2011 (Solder's rookie season).

Excuse me. I shouldn't have put "left" in there. Solder's played 3 NFL seasons at tackle. You trying to use the "right tackle/left tackle" distinction now is a bit silly, though. This is Solder's third year as a starting tackle, and the clear majority of his time has been at left tackle.

At this point, I'm grateful for every player who is on the 53-man roster. Our Injured Reserve could field a competitive squad at this point.

Imagine what the NFL would be like without injuries. The Patriots would be Super Bowl favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes