Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots do not face an Elite QB in the entire 2012 season

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Eli will be the last Elite QB the Pats D will face until at least January of 2013

The schedule for next season looks to be one of the easiest on paper at least based on final standings, but what is for sure are the QBs the team faces are most average to below average passers.

While the team usually struggles against non name QBs there is no HOFer next season on the schedule with the only real QBs with any minor type of pedigree are Matt Schaub and Joe Flacco.

If there is a silver lining to look at,its next seasons schedule

2. Leemo

Leemo Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 2 / -0

#87 Jersey

Flynn may turn out 'elite' and he could well end up at Miami....

Also you forgot Mark Sanchez, hes elite isn;t he? Or some my jet fan buddy says HAHAHAHAHA

Sanchez sucks!

3. Dutchmaster617

Dutchmaster617 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +57 / 11 / -20

But winning 13-14 even 16 games means nothing in the end. Regardless of who we face we need better talent.

4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

To be honest......... I think I'd rather our defense face a few elite QB's in the regular season. Even if we only go 11-5 and squeeze in. It's better the coasting in and then facing them in the playoffs for the first time.

Our defense needs to be battle tested by playoff time.

5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

A few of things:

- There is a chance that an above average QB can emerge to elite levels like Eli Manning did this year.
    - There is a chance Miami or one of the Pats' other opponents get Peyton Manning and he returns to elitedome.
    - We have been told several times by a certain Jets' troll that Mark Sanchez's ceiling is limitless. So color me scared of facing him next season.

6. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

Yeah, I get your point. But with most of the elite QBs in the NFC, the Pats might not face an elite QB until the Super Bowl if they were to get that far.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  7. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't take it as a good sign, I'd rather have a few in the regular season to cut our teeth on because we will definitely have that problem in the playoffs.

8. Elijah T.

Elijah T. On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Well, there's only about 5 elite quarterbacks in the NFL and we have one of them.

9. KoolAid

KoolAid Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I totally agree. I would rather have at least 3-4 games against the best competetion and elite Qb's during the reg season. This is how teams grow balls to pull out the toughest victories in the toughest spots. I hope some of the teams on our schedule emerge, maybe Peyton to SF, Houston should be tough, Baltimore is still a battle even if their offense trails their defense.

10. slam

slam Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0

Well, they'll face Eli in the last preseason game for about five plays.

11. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Couldn't disagree more.

First off how battle tested was our D this year prior to the playoffs and how did it do during the playoffs?

Second, I get your point about wanting to play better talent as in theory it should make you better but I am not sure that actually corelates to reality. Is anyone really sitting there right now saying to themselves only if Peyton had played in that Colts game we would have been more prepared for Eli?

I think the OP has a valid point that should give everyone a little hope for next year that there is no reason we should not be 13-3 or better again. Talk all you want the talent you play and how ready you will be come playoff time but this should mean you are only a couple wins away from another SB.

12. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +729 / 4 / -12

#50 Jersey

What? Rex is going to start back-up Mark Sanchez against the Patriots this Fall? What happened?

Did Peyton Manning get hurt? Did he wrench his neck again trying to get a look at his little brother's two Super Bowl rings? That ppor stiff.

HAHAHAHAHA!

13. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

so, what if they dont face Elite QB in the regular season ? I mean who gives a crap about regular season anymore when you have had Giants(2), Steelers, Packers win 4 of 5 last SB's as wildcards or with crappy regular season record, exception being 2009 NO Saints (13-3, and even they stumbled by losing last 3 reg season games)

Pats
    16-0
    11-5
    10-6
    14-2
    13-3

thats 64-16 since 2007-8 season, including 2008 w/o Brady... 0 SB wins.
    That's 12.8 wins/yr, and 3.2 losses per year on avera. You can mask the problems in regular season but get exposed in playoffs.

Its obvious now....teams that peak late in the season and are relatively healthy win. Pats can go 14-2 in regular season again this year, but if they dont fix the fundamental flaws on this defense and offense, then another playoff exit looms...this year we got lucky the guy missed a chipshot FG

14. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

Although the Pats do not face any elite QBs, they do face a few good ones and potentially several others. Matt Scaub was very good this season before he got injured. So was Ryan Fitzpatrick (he played half the season with cracked ribs). Sam Bradford could rebound from a sophomore slump. Andrew Luck could have a Cam Newton type of rookie year. Both Miami and Arizona seem to be the front runners for Peyton Manning if he can return to remotely close to what he was.

No the Pats don't face Brees (unless the Saints blow it and he leaves), Rodgers, Eli, Roethlisberger, or Rivers; but the Pats have the potential to have a half dozen or so games vs. very good to great QBs.

15. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

You do realize the Pats wouldn't neccessarily have lost if the Ravens hit that field goal. The Pats could very have well have won by a larger margin than 3 points in overtime.

16. DonBlackmon55

DonBlackmon55 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

you do realize too Ravens practically had a winning TD, were it not for Lee Evans...in that case Pats go 1-3 in last 4 playoff appearances at home with losses to Ravens(2), and Jets, and only win coming against a worthless QB called Tebow, where Brady lights up the scoreboard with 6 TD's

As the ball bounces....

17. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +184 / 14 / -3

I still say the road to the Super Bowl is heavily related to HFA. I don't think the Patriots beat Baltimore at Baltimore.

18. upstater1

upstater1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +184 / 14 / -3

Eh.

The Patriots could also have 6 Super Bowl victories at this point were not for velcro hat, ridiculous OIP against Troy Brown, and ball going through Wes Welker's fingers.

It cuts both ways.

I mentioned this on Sunday morning, but having watched the other Super Bowl wins this weekend, the Patriots had the bounces against the Rams and Panthers. Those games could have been losses.

19. VrabelJr

VrabelJr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +535 / 16 / -14

We face Flacco again and according to John Clayton he's elite!

20. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +3,998 / 42 / -15

And the Pats would have won the Super Bowl if Welker caught the catch on the 20 or one of the force fumbles bounced the right way or the Pats didn't have 12 men on the field on the one force fumble they recovered. If that was the case, the Pats would have been 3-1 in the the last 4 playoff appearances with a Super Bowl ring.

And you would be more miserable than you are now because you wouldn't be able to do your "I told you so that Belichick screwed up the draft" crap you have been doing the last two days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.