PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriot's defensive stats: Games 9-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

strngplyr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
2nd Half of the Season: How Does the Patriots Defense Compare? - Pats Pulpit

Another Pats fan posted this in the gang green forums game discussion and I didn't see it here. I know the Pats have been damn good since week 8, but wow. I'm impressed. The most surprising stat in my opinion is 2nd in sacks since that game. Alot of the other stats I sort of expected, like first in turnovers, but the sacks jumped out at me.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised though when we play with the lead as often as we do, more pass attempts = more chances for a sack/int. Still some very cool stuff and it really shows how we've evolved since week 1, I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison of the first half vs the second half stats if anyone could dig that up.

nice read, thanks for posting. do you know where one can get other playoff teams?

I won't guarantee all of this is right, but here's what I could find quickly and easily...
34fmfxh.jpg

I won't guarantee all of this is right, but here's what I could find quickly and easily...
34fmfxh.jpg

Awesome, thanks for that. If the info is accurate then it would appear BB really did light a fire under their asses after a brutal loss and the players have responded very well.

Last edited:
WOW...never realized they were THAT good :rocker:

OK... I know that Patriot Fandom like to buy into the Belichick Times - let's prostrate ourselves to the Gods of NFL Parity, and be thankful for every win, and ever respectful of the next opponent....

But CHRIST ALMIGHTY... this wildcard weekend just proved the mediocrity of the rest of the league.

I can't wait until the Pats get to start laying postseason wood.

I'm surprised by the number of sacks- especially with Wright out.

Too bad hurries and hits aren't tracked but with comp % against down and INTs way up, the assumption is that they are getting more pressure on the QB.

34fmfxh.jpg

One missing one: Opponent wins: 58 / 71

Thank you for posting this. This was pretty interesting.

That's what some of us have been saying all along. The Pats D has been fantastic since the Browns fiasco.

That's what some of us have been saying all along. The Pats D has been fantastic since the Browns fiasco.

Yeah, I think we all realised massive improvement, but the numbers backing it up are pretty amazing.

But they are inexperienced and are only getting by relying on turnovers which we all know arent REAL defense.......oops he must be home posting on his Jet board.

I think they have also improved since the 'bye' after Thanksgiving. Currently this is a playoff quality D hopefully they prove it this Sunday.

But they are inexperienced and are only getting by relying on turnovers which we all know arent REAL defense.......oops he must be home posting on his Jet board.

Turnovers or rather INTs come from SPEED. A good young Team like the Pats have lots of SPEED. It is showing up in the form of turnovers.

Turnovers or rather INTs come from SPEED. A good young Team like the Pats have lots of SPEED. It is showing up in the form of turnovers.
I know I was being saracastic about another poster silly argument in a different thread,.

I hate the notion that the high turnover differential and the ability of a team to get takeaways (and take care of the ball no less) is random luck.

I attribute it to great coaching, players awareness, talent, and hard work. The Saints had a high powered offense that took care of the ball, and their defense created many turnovers. I didn't think it was luck then and I don't think it is luck now.

I hate the notion that the high turnover differential and the ability of a team to get takeaways (and take care of the ball no less) is random luck.

I attribute it to great coaching, players awareness, talent, and hard work. The Saints had a high powered offense that took care of the ball, and their defense created many turnovers. I didn't think it was luck then and I don't think it is luck now.
Its the same as the ridiculous arguments that if this play or that play didnt happen.
Games aren't won by observers judging who played better. They are judged by the actual plays that happen on the field, affect the scoreboard and thereby the outcome.
Unfortunately, we have a society where fans think that their opinion of which factors are most important in winning are actual a better gauge than who made the plays and won the game.
Every turnover was a play made by a player. It happened, it can't be ignored or belittled.

Someone need to tell Jets fans that McCourty, Spikes, Cunningham, Deaderick are no longer rookies since they all now have a full season under their belts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back