PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots dedicate black seat to honor POW/MIAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get the POW bit, I know it stands for prisoner of war but why dedicated to them? Is this specifially to POWs that died or anyone who was ever a POW?

I dont get the POW bit, I know it stands for prisoner of war but why dedicated to them? Is this specifially to POWs that died or anyone who was ever a POW?

It's to all POW's, but especially to those who we knew were captured but who "disappeared" during captivity and were never repatriated.

It is more of a homage to the MIA POWs. This government for years has left soliders to die in enemy hands, you only have to look back to 9/11/12 for proof of that. Vietnam is the most glaring example, but I'm positive we have CIA operatives (almost all of them are ex-military, meaning they were serving in the military and got recruited by the CIA), languishing in foreign jails around the word, left there to die by the very people who sent them there in the first place.

Once again, you can always count on Bob Kraft do make you proud to be a Pats fan.

Gotta love Kraft and this team.

We have them in most chow halls on military bases, especially over in Afghanistan (and probably Iraq but I haven't been there). It's just to remember those who aren't fortunate enough to be with us.

That is awesome that we have this at Foxboro now, and I imagine other stadiums will follow suit.

Last edited:
Kraft and the Patriots are a class act....

The Jets and Woody Johnson are trying to copy the idea without the same results.

100422_jets_stadium__jc-11134754--300x450.jpg

;)

Last edited:
People love the military.

I think the gesture is ridiculous. But I "get it" that many many fans of football are pro military.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back