PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily Q&A With USC DE Everson Griffen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In most ratings of the top 32 players entering the draft, more than half are underclassmen who have declared early. While every one of those has high potential, much of that gets offset by questions of maturity.

Everson Griffen epitomizes this class. Following a run-in with police on Nantucket Island last summer, the USC defensive end had some doubters. The 6-foot-3, 268-pounder answered them with a productive season (45 tackles, eight sacks) and impressive test numbers (4.60-seconds in the 40, 32 reps in the bench press).

In his exclusive PD interview, Griffen kept the answers coming about his comfort level on the field and his personal growth off of it.

Q&A With USC DE Everson Griffen

McShay has him going late second round.

While I understand the concerns surrounding Griffen, if he's truly available late in the second I would be extremely disappointed if we passed him up. I think his skill set fits exactly what we want to do with our left outside linebacker, and with some solid role models, he'll be fine. He sounds like a good kid who's just starting to grow up--who really wants to grow up--and needs a strong coaching staff/locker room to help him unlock his potential. He could be really special in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down