Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots Daily Q&A with Norfolk St. CB Don Carey

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by PatriotsDaily.com, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatriotsDaily.com

PatriotsDaily.com Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

All-Star game, combine, pro day: call them the trifecta of NFL draft hype. Miss on one or more, and your stock can slide. Hit on all three like Don Carey did, and you might collect your winnings at the end of April.

Although he excelled at Norfolk State, the cornerback had a lot to prove after his senior season and did so during East-West Shrine Game practice week. Positive combine and pro day workouts only increased his chances.

Last Friday, Carey spent some time between his daily workouts talking with PD about the pre-draft process and one particular pro team’s interview.

Don Carey Q&A With PD

(Some interesting comments from Carey on how his visit with the Patriots went.)
  2. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Good stuff! Ah, to see them grow up. I remember Chris Warner when he was a struggling young scribbler trying to get noticed through the interweb... Not much has changed, but it's nice to see him plugging away. :bye2:
  3. Seneschal2

Seneschal2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks for the interview. I particularly enjoyed this part, as it exemplifies how the Pats seek out smart players:

---
    Noteworthy: In addition to interviewing Carey, the Pats also privately worked him out. He's a projected 7th-rounder.
  4. Brady'sButtBoy

Brady'sButtBoy Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 3 / -1

#12 Jersey

I haven't seen him play, but his numbers and scouting reports look pretty good. And i loved this interview, you could tell he was very sharp. Then I went and looked up his scouting reports and gleaned this nugget -
    "He is also very bright. After high school, Carey turned down a chance to attend Yale because it was cost prohibitive and had the highest GPA on the Norfolk State team."

Versatile (CB or FS), bright, and a team first guy? Sound like a Patriot to you?
  5. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

He had a good Shrine game and has enough size and physicality to be considered a CB/S tweener.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.