PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily Positional Previews – Special Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Yup, training camp is just over two weeks away. We ask it every year, but where the heck does the time go?

This will be the first in a series of previews looking at various positional groups and units as we head into camp. Today’s group is special teams.

Positional Previews – Special Teams

Thanks for that Bruce. Too often when special teams are reviewed, the analysis is limited to four players: the kicker, punter, kick returner, and punt returner. Nice to see an opinion on the coverage guys like Arrington, Woods, Aiken and others as well.

Nice breakdown.

The article mentions that Mesko is the only punter in camp. Was that aussie rules player cut?

I liked the comment about special teams and Belichick's draft strategy. By my watch the Patriots have drafted a special teams only player in 4 of the last 5 drafts (Gostowski/Andrews, Slater, Ingram, Mesko).

Don't see Alexander and Woods being the same. Woods is a pretty good back up linebacker that's affordable, besides teams.

Don't see Alexander and Woods being the same. Woods is a pretty good back up linebacker that's affordable, besides teams.
Yeah, I agree. Woods brings much more (especially against the run) to his position - OLB is filled with a lot of uncertainty and questions - while Alexander is no longer needed at the ILB position with the addition of McKenzie and Spikes.

Yup, training camp is just over two weeks away. We ask it every year, but where the heck does the time go?

Heh - -for most of us, I bet time is moving VERY slowly at the moment. (Not that we should ever rush time). C'mon camp ...

Alexander is no longer needed at the ILB position with the addition of McKenzie and Spikes.

No longer?...

If a fish ever needed a bicycle, I guess.

No longer?...

If a fish ever needed a bicycle, I guess.

If there is ever a major dip in the Sea Horse they may need bicycles. I'm sure Will Allen needed a bicycle after this incident his drunk driving incident in Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye