PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily Interviews UNH's TE Scott Sicko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff.

If he really does check in at 252 and run in the 4.6's as he said, he could be a steal. He definitely has excellent hands.

J D Sal

Here is a another story that mentions Sicko and quotes him. Its about his trainer, who he also mentioned in the PD interview:

Bodies by Boyle: Winchester's trainer to the stars - Winchester, MA - The Winchester Star

J D Sal

This quote was amusing:

“Everything is great here,” said Duke University quarterback Zack Asack, 23, who practices a few hours a day, four days per week, with Boyle and his staff. “I can definitely feel my body growing.”

A graduate of Xaverian Brothers High School in Westwood, Asack came back to his home state to train for the NFL Combine — the series of physical tests NFL scouts use to determine whether to draft a player — because he knew a “body by Boyle” will give him the best chance of making the league.

“We have a great group of guys who really push each other.”

Listed at 6 feet, 4 inches tall, and weighing 190 pounds, Asack . . ."

Sounds like a QB prospect for the Colts. :singing:

This quote was amusing:

Sounds like a QB prospect for the Colts. :singing:
He actually was switched from QB by Duke in the spring. Switched to safety and was listed as a starter, but then got thrown off the team for violating a team rule before the season.

I remember him from Xaverian, but he's a long shot at best. Not sure if he's trying to get tryouts as a QB or safety.

J D Sal

Last edited:
Sicko's chances of being drafted are prob. less than 50/50, but he's somebody I want Bill to sign as a UDFA. After seeing all the TEs whom Bill has chewed-up and spit-out, perhaps it's an undrafted kid from a local college who sticks around for the long-term.

Last edited:
I think his odds of being drafted will increase significantly when the NFL teams find out what his Pro Day numbers were today.

Ht-6' 4-1/2"
Wt-251lbs
40 yd- 4.53 seconds
225lb bench-22 Reps
Vert-35"
Broad-10'2"

2nd fastest 40 of ALL TEs.
2nd longest Broad jump of ALL TEs.
Bench, vert-Tied for 5th

158 catches in 3 years as a starter. 2004 yds, 22 TDs.

Another example of how deep this TE class is. And Sick is probable the 17th best prospect in this draft class, IMO.

Wow, great job Scott.

J D Sal

I'd love to see his named called by the Patriots.

I think his odds of being drafted will increase significantly when the NFL teams find out what his Pro Day numbers were today.

Ht-6' 4-1/2"
Wt-251lbs
40 yd- 4.53 seconds
225lb bench-22 Reps
Vert-35"
Broad-10'2"

Bench, vert-Tied for 5th

Do you have a link for the information? Just curious.

This kid might be a perfect late round pick up. Considering how many 7th rounders we're projected to have, I see no reason why we shouldn't draft him. I'm all for bringing in local talent, and those are excellent measurables. Needs to improve his blocking, but so did Watson, and he was a first rounder. Mostly I just want to root for a kid named Sicko. :D

The numbers won't be "official" for a couple of days, but I know his times for the 40(4.53 and 4.54)

Any announcer who ever called a UNH game LOVED his name.

Jon Ritchie, who does color commentary for Comcast, used to say, "Scott Sicko not only has the best name in ALL of college football, he has some of the best hands as well."

Checked his numbers against the "elite" TEs

40-second fastest of all TEs-4.53
Broad Jump-second longest of all TEs-10'2"
225 bench, vertical-Tied for 5th-22 Reps, 35"

How well can he block?

Ht-6' 4-1/2"
Wt-251lbs
40 yd- 4.53 seconds
225lb bench-22 Reps
Vert-35"
Broad-10'2"

Bench, vert-Tied for 5th

Do you have his 10 and 20 yard splits?

According to nfl draft scout, his splits were:

10 yds- 1.57

20 yds- 2.62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back