PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Daily - Dan Shaughnessy Has a Sniffle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Christmas came early for the Shaughnessy clan. Randy Moss spoke.

Dan Shaughnessy loves material that writes itself. Hell, he’s written the same column for twenty years. You know the formula: take newsworthy item, add outdated cultural references and dumb nicknames, relate the item somehow back to the Red Sox, throw in a little Grey Poupon, and boom. That’s a column.

Dan Shaughnessy Has a Sniffle

Napolean Dynamite.

No offense to the author of this piece, but it is getting really tiring coming to the PatsFans Football Forum and half the dialogue is dependent on reaction to media opinions. In other words, opining about opinion makers. Inevitably the threads break down to the typical...Felger is an idiot....Borges is a cripple beater (my personal favorite), etc.
Ian, mods, whoever is in charge, how about creating a new forum devoted to Media Reactions. Unless the Shaughnessy's of the media world provide some relevant factual info regarding the team, keep this clutter out of this football forum. Only thing worse than reading these guys is reading articles interpreting these guys inner psyches.

No offense to the author of this piece, but it is getting really tiring coming to the PatsFans Football Forum and half the dialogue is dependent on reaction to media opinions. In other words, opining about opinion makers. Inevitably the threads break down to the typical...Felger is an idiot....Borges is a cripple beater (my personal favorite), etc.
Ian, mods, whoever is in charge, how about creating a new forum devoted to Media Reactions. Unless the Shaughnessy's of the media world provide some relevant factual info regarding the team, keep this clutter out of this football forum. Only thing worse than reading these guys is reading articles interpreting these guys inner psyches.
Someone forcing you to read them?

Great post, but good luck.

I only open them now to rate them one star. All of them.

Good article by Dan Snapp. i get to laugh at CHB without actually reading his prefab dribble.

Disappointed with the title, though. I thought shank might have terminal pneumonia or something.

how about creating a new forum devoted to Media Reactions.

I'm with that idea! Keep actual news reports here in the main forum but shuffle the op-ed stuff elsewhere. There are tons of those threads posted here and for someone like me who's not here all the time it would be awesome not to have to scroll past them all to see what's going on in PatsLand. I'm not complaining, it is what it is, but now that you say it,that's a great idea!

Generally I agree with you. This one, however, has created the Napolean Dynamite image, which makes it worthwhile as a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes