PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots CUTS

I hate to break it to you Tebow haters, but he is going to make this team. Not that I am particularly high on him, but all the signs are there. If he was gonna be cut, it would have already happened. I trust the BB has a plan, but the bottom line is....... the sooner you realize that, the less insane you'll drive yourselves wishing him away.

BB and Kraft have already professed admiration for the guy..... He would have been released earlier if he wasn't in the 2013 plans.

Either embrace it........... or hop off the bandwagon now (we could use the extra legroom anyhow). :cool:
So we are keeping 65 players? Or is Tebow the only one who can't be cut as part of the final 12?

In the flesh Yeah.

Wheaton was one of those late graduates who started out behind the rest of the group and is trying to get up to speed.

We going to fall out again? :)

He will be cut but right now, he's a better receiver than Dobson.
If Tebow makes the 53 man roster, I project him to hold a clipboard for 19 games. ;)

No delusions of grandeur with Tim Tebow. :p

Don't worry about Sims, he will be on the practice squad.

If Tebow makes the 53 man roster, I project him to hold a clipboard for 19 games. ;)

No delusions of grandeur with Tim Tebow. :p

Don't worry about Sims, he'll on the practice squad.

You see. Right there, that whole post = speculation :p

My worry with Sims is that he doesn't make it to the PS. You may be right on Tebow but hopefully he makes the 53 and hopefully some of what I've speculated happens...particularly against the Jets...

So we are keeping 65 players? Or is Tebow the only one who can't be cut as part of the final 12?

You talking to me bro? WhoTF said he couldn't be cut?........ I didn't.

I just said he won't be, and if you knew half as much as you profess to about the Patriots, you would agree that. If he was gonna be cut, it would have already happened. That's my prediction....... When BB likes a guy (and he clearly likes Tebow), he does everything he can to give that player an opportunity to catch on somewhere else if he's not in the cards for the upcoming season. If he didn't plan on carrying 3 QB's this year..... Tebow would have already been gone by now. Thats my prediction here.

Not saying I agree with keeping him (I personally don't), but the sooner everyone stops getting their anal-schinchters in an uproar about him making this team, the less you'll all be disappointed when he actually does.

You see. Right there, that whole post = speculation :p
I can be very passionate about certain topics. :p

My worry with Sims is that he doesn't make it to the PS.
Sometimes one has to roll the dice. :eek:

You may be right on Tebow but hopefully he makes the 53 and hopefully some of what I've speculated happens...particularly against the Jets...
If the New England Patriots need Tim Tebow on the field to beat the NY Jets, I don't know what to say. :eek:

... if those 19 games are played by Feb 2nd 2014, and we win the last one ... God i hope you are right .:rocker:

I just said he won't be, and if you knew half as much as you profess to about the Patriots, you would agree that. If he was gonna be cut, it would have already happened. That's my prediction....... When BB likes a guy (and he clearly likes Tebow), he does everything he can to give that player an opportunity to catch on somewhere else if he's not in the cards for the upcoming season. If he didn't plan on carrying 3 QB's this year..... Tebow would have already been gone by now. Thats my prediction here.

Not saying I agree with keeping him (I personally don't), but the sooner everyone stops getting their anal-schinchters in an uproar about him making this team, the less you'll all be disappointed when he actually does.

You are drawing a distinction without a difference. Here, "won't" and "couldn't" are one in the same. You are saying he will not be cut. He was pointing out that neither you, nor any of us, know who the final 12 cuts will be.

You are drawing a distinction without a difference. Here, "won't" and "couldn't" are one in the same. You are saying he will not be cut. He was pointing out that neither you, nor any of us, know who the final 12 cuts will be.

Splitting hairs........ I said he won't...... That's speculation (isn't that what we do here?) on my part because of past behavior observed from BB. Andy, in his snarky remark implied I said he was one on some list that "couldn't be" cut....... Like their is some list of untouchables.......and that's not even remotely the same as what I was saying. Of course his name could be one of the final 12......... I'm just bracing you all for the fact that I don't think it will be.

If you can't see the difference, then you probably shouldn't join the discussion.

Is that a sneaky 12 Apostle reference?
Nope, just a question why someone thinks Tebow wouldn't be here at cutdown to 65 if he wasn't guaranteed to make the team but 12 guys are getting cut.

Yeah, "bro".

You said

He would have been released earlier if he wasn't in the 2013 plans.

Why would Tebow be different than the other 11 who will be cut?

Nope, just a question why someone thinks Tebow wouldn't be here at cutdown to 65 if he wasn't guaranteed to make the team but 12 guys are getting cut.

Asked and answered....... based on what I've seen in the past, I think that BB will keep him as a 3rd QB (he's kept 3 in the past). If he wasn't planning on it, I think with statements he's made about Tebow (indicating an admiration of him), I think he would have let him go already.

Plus, with Kraft professing man-love the other day, which I don't think he would have done if he didn't "want" him on the team, it indicated to me he was staying. But then again, I'e always felt that if he wasn't an early cut. He was staying.

Yeah, "bro".

You said

He would have been released earlier if he wasn't in the 2013 plans.

Why would Tebow be different than the other 11 who will be cut?

Because bro............. The philosophical decision to keep 3 QB's (the ultimate skill poison) on a team is a little more more involved then casting off of reserve DL or OL or two, which are ultimately plug and play positions in NE, and have been in the entire BB era outside of 1-2 special players.

Keeping 3 QB's is part of a plan....... not just stocking depth. You should already know that though.

Splitting hairs........ I said he won't...... That's speculation (isn't that what we do here?) on my part because of past behavior observed from BB. Andy, in his snarky remark implied I said he was one on some list that "couldn't be" cut....... Like their is some list of untouchables.......and that's not even remotely the same as what I was saying. Of course his name could be one of the final 12......... I'm just bracing you all for the fact that I don't think it will be.

If you can't see the difference, then you probably shouldn't join the discussion.
If you can't use the English language properly you should probably use a different one.
Your comment:

I hate to break it to you Tebow haters, but he is going to make this team. Not that I am particularly high on him, but all the signs are there. If he was gonna be cut, it would have already happened.

In this language is the same as saying he is one of the remaining 12 who can't be cut.
"He is going to make the team, if he was beign cut he would be already" means he can't be one of the 12 cuts.

In my opinion, the fact that Tim Tebow is even being discussed as someone who should make the team, despite his play this pre-season, should tell those that are objective about the possibility of making the initial 53-man roster and the delicate position that he is in when it comes to his value on this team, considering his liabilities and strengths as a NFL player.

If a guy like Sims and Tebow are the final players to decide on when it comes to making the final cut, then it will be ironic if Sims makes it because he was the one that made those plays last night and in the end made Tebow "look" good despite all of the mistakes that Tebow made last night.

If Tebow makes the team in front of some of the bubble players on the defensive side of the ball, then that should be a larger issue to be discussed because as far as I am concerned, I want Cunningham, Bequette, Beauharnais, et al. on this roster before Tebow.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back