PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots CUTS

I agree with that but I don't think Beauharnais AND Tarpinian make it.

I've never seen Tarp do anything of note in 3 years so I doubt he's going to make it.

Well it would be, what has he shown that makes anyone sit up and say "hey, he should be on this roster!" when Ballard despite still clearly recovering from an injury was blocking DEs like he was an OT, surely that would help the team far more than someone who would be inactive every week and offers almost zero to the team (not even the scout team, how many slow leftys will the Pats play?).

Now the team currently has 3 TEs (and that is assuming Gronk isn't PUP'd) on the team which makes cutting Fells/Ballard all the more bizarre, one of the 3 on the roster injured and probably isn't going to be back for week 1.

Maybe Ballard simply isn't ready to play yet (ever?). I thought his blocking was very good and so figured he'd stick around, but who knows?

Looks like Tebow is making the team, honestly, which is fine with me, as I trust in BB.

Some tough cuts still to come - I just did a PatsPicker and I have to believe that Bolden/Washington are on the bubble, and maybe still A. Wilson.

Also, the cuts of the TEs, Zus going on IR leads me to believe there's a couple of pick-ups coming.

Hard to keep 7 LBs when you have less than 3 on the field over 50% of the time. I agree they both deserve to stay but they might need that spot for an extra DB more.

I think Tarpinian makes it because of his special teams play and as a contingency of playing passing sub-packages in case Fletcher gets hurt. There is that and the whole University of Idiots Out Walking Around thing that BB has for that school.

I hate to break it to you Tebow haters, but he is going to make this team. Not that I am particularly high on him, but all the signs are there. If he was gonna be cut, it would have already happened. I trust the BB has a plan, but the bottom line is....... the sooner you realize that, the less insane you'll drive yourselves wishing him away.

BB and Kraft have already professed admiration for the guy..... He would have been released earlier if he wasn't in the 2013 plans.

Either embrace it........... or hop off the bandwagon now (we could use the extra legroom anyhow). :cool:

Joe Vellano - is there another back-up DT currently on the roster?
It's Wilfork, Kelly, then just Forston and Vellano now, right?
With the purge of Pryor, Brace, and Love, the release of Pena and Vallone, and Armstead and Grissom to IR, Vellano is the current last man standing. The Patriots may need to raid a practice squad.

Even Benard was playing inside on rushing downs and now he is gone.
The release of Benard improves the chances of Bequette making the team.

Surprised at Fells - I guess not even trade value.

Is Armstead on IR? I must have missed a recent update because he's still listed on the NFI list on Patriots.com.

I think Beauharnais makes it. Probably at the expense of Jeff Tarpinian who also looked good last night. But that could be reversed if the team feels Tarpinian's STs value matters more in a 6th LB.
If I remember correctly, Tarpinian still has practice squad eligibility.

as I trust in BB.

I *usually* do but I really, really can't see any tangible benefit to having Tim Tebow on the roster, it just seems like a wasted spot to me.

I'd be all for IR'ing him and if allowable by the rules sending him to Jeff Garcia for the year so he comes back next year with fixed mechanics, though.

Surprising that BB is not willing to wait the extra season for Ballard to really recover from ACL surgery.

Ballard was sneaky fast with the Giants a good pass catcher in short areas...he was so ineffective with us in the preseason in that area a bagel in receptions. Fells being cut surprises me.:confused:

Tavon Wilson is making the team.

He had a putrid preseason and I am surprised his name wasn't on the list today. But since it wasn't, you are probably right.

Is Armstead on IR? I must have missed a recent update because he's still listed on the NFI list on Patriots.com.

He is on the NFI and can be recalled in 6 weeks.

More hate for Tebow than Bernard Pollard on this board.

We'll see. I have Buchanan and Bequette in my 53, and Cunningham out. Unless you are suggesting Buchanan was ahead of them. Of course, I'm already wrong as I thought Ballard would make it.

I do know from reading numerous reports that Buchanan was ahead of Bequette .... Buchanan was in good shape going into last night's game,his performance last night upgraded that to all but a lock to make the 53.

He had a putrid preseason and I am surprised his name wasn't on the list today. But since it wasn't, you are probably right.

He'll make it because he's a recent second round pick and he offers value on special teams.

In fairness he did look a bit better last night.

What is the practical difference between NFI and PUP?

Now that's funny.

Loook out everz one.......... Grammar 5-oh in da haus. :rolleyes:

police-siren-animated.gif

Corrected my error

More hate for Tebow than Bernard Pollard on this board.
Not really, there's actual hate for Pollard. With Tebow the majority of people know he isn't a very good QB.

The absolute worst thing about him making the roster though is the indoctrinated thralls of Tebowites that are going to infest this place all year (it's good for site revenue, though no doubt!). Having him on the roster would be almost fine if they didn't come along with him.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back