PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots CUTS

Tebow is going to make it . Not very happy about that. Regardless of who he is, we never carry 3 QBs . Could use a DLineman instead.

Here is a preliminary list of guys who could be a part of the 12 to be cut tomorrow, not withstanding other signings from guys who could be signed from other training camp rosters of other teams:

1 - George Winn - albeit his chances increased last night
2/3 - Tavon and Adrian Wilson - unlikely but possible one of them are cut
4 - Joe Vellano
5 - Tim Tebow
6 - Jeff Tarpinian - I think that he is going to make it. Nice performance last night
7 - Quentin Sims - practice squader
8 - Chris McDonald - if the Patriots are looking at other rosters for offensive line depth
9 - Josh Kline - same as McDonald
10 - Justin Green - it goes without saying
11 - Nate Ebner
12 - James Develin
13 - Kanorris Davis
14 - Ja'Gared Davis
15 - Jermaine Cunningham - it depends on whether or not they sign a DT from their previous cuts (White) or from another team
16 - Marquice Cole - he is probably going to make it
17/18 - Brandon Bolden or Legarrette Blount - one or both may get cut; more than likely Bolden. It depends on whether or not Winn makes it
19 - Jake Bequette - I think that he is going to stick
20 - Ryan Allen - practice squad

Good post. Very informative. I do hope Winn & Sims make our PS. There are going to be some very hard cuts tomorrow.

4 - Joe Vellano
5 - Tim Tebow
6 - Jeff Tarpinian - I think that he is going to make it. Nice performance last night
8 - Chris McDonald - if the Patriots are looking at other rosters for offensive line depth
11 - Nate Ebner
12 - James Develin
13 - Kanorris Davis
14 - Ja'Gared Davis
15 - Jermaine Cunningham - it depends on whether or not they sign a DT from their previous cuts (White) or from another team
17/18 - Brandon Bolden or Legarrette Blount - one or both may get cut; more than likely Bolden. It depends on whether or not Winn makes it

Allen, Bolden/Winn, Davis, Davis, Develin, Green, Kline, Sims, Vellano would make nine guys that would likely be cut due to practice squad eligibility and depth of the current roster.

Surprising that BB is not willing to wait the extra season for Ballard to really recover from ACL surgery.

If Tebow makes the roster then it'll be an utter disgrace, he clearly didn't look good enough to be in the NFL never mind on the Patriots roster.

Ballard, even just as a blocker, would have offered more to the team.

4 - Joe Vellano
5 - Tim Tebow
11 - Nate Ebner
12 - James Develin
13 - Kanorris Davis
14 - Ja'Gared Davis

Allen, Bolden/Winn, Davis, Davis, Develin, Green, Kline, Sims, Vellano would make nine guys that would likely be cut due to practice squad eligibility and depth of the current roster.

Where's Beauharnais?

Tebow is going to make it . Not very happy about that. Regardless of who he is, we never carry 3 QBs . Could use a DLineman instead.

SVN - I expect Caserio to be looking at DT's, a TE, and OL from other rosters for their initial 53-man roster.

If Tebow makes the roster then it'll be an utter disgrace, he clearly didn't look good enough to be in the NFL never mind on the Patriots roster.

Lay off the sauce, ok?

In the end, Tebow would be taking the place of a fringe player who would likely be inactive most games anyway. I don't want him on the team, and I'm as vocal about that as anyone, but I think "utter disgrace" is a bit strong. It wouldn't make a lot of sense though.

Here is a preliminary list of guys who could be a part of the 11 to be cut tomorrow, not withstanding other signings from guys who could be signed from other training camp rosters of other teams:

4 - Joe Vellano
5 - Tim Tebow
11 - Nate Ebner
12 - James Develin
13 - Kanorris Davis
14 - Ja'Gared Davis

Don't know how you cut 11 from that list without cutting Tebow.

In the end, Tebow would be taking the place of a fringe player who would likely be inactive most games anyway. I don't want him on the team, and I'm as vocal about that as anyone, but I think "utter disgrace" is a bit strong. It wouldn't make a lot of sense though.

Well it would be, what has he shown that makes anyone sit up and say "hey, he should be on this roster!" when Ballard despite still clearly recovering from an injury was blocking DEs like he was an OT, surely that would help the team far more than someone who would be inactive every week and offers almost zero to the team (not even the scout team, how many slow leftys will the Pats play?).

Now the team currently has 3 TEs (and that is assuming Gronk isn't PUP'd) on the team which makes cutting Fells/Ballard all the more bizarre, one of the 3 on the roster injured and probably isn't going to be back for week 1.

Where's Beauharnais?

I think Beauharnais makes it. Probably at the expense of Jeff Tarpinian who also looked good last night. But that could be reversed if the team feels Tarpinian's STs value matters more in a 6th LB.

SVN - I expect Caserio to be looking at DT's, a TE, and OL from other rosters for their initial 53-man roster.

I hope so but we still need to make space ..yes ? Iam sure they are debating which ones to keep vs cut but Tebow's play really doesnt warrent much discussing. I think they want to decide if its good for the team character and stuff to keep him or not and Kraft certainly wants him here.

Joe Vellano - is there another back-up DT currently on the roster?
It's Wilfork, Kelly, then just Forston and Vellano now, right?
With the purge of Pryor, Brace, and Love, the release of Pena and Vallone, and Armstead and Grissom to IR, Vellano is the current last man standing. The Patriots may need to raid a practice squad.

Even Benard was playing inside on rushing downs and now he is gone.
The release of Benard improves the chances of Bequette making the team.

Surprised at Fells - I guess not even trade value.

Well it would be, what has he shown that makes anyone sit up and say "hey, he should be on this roster!" when Ballard despite still clearly recovering from an injury was blocking DEs like he was an OT, surely that would help the team far more than someone who would be inactive every week and offers almost zero to the team (not even the scout team, how many slow leftys will the Pats play?).

Now the team currently has 3 TEs (and that is assuming Gronk isn't PUP'd) on the team which makes cutting Fells/Ballard all the more bizarre, one of the 3 on the roster injured and probably isn't going to be back for week 1.

The Patriots HAVE to have seven guys inactive every week. It's not like if the players are good enough you can bring all 53 into the game. Tebow wouldn't be taking the place of a guy like Ballard who would play and contribute. He'd be taking the place of whichever developmental D-Lineman doesn't play at all this year, or whichever backup safety can't get on the field.

That said, I still think there's more value in keeping more depth at other positions rather than ANY QB#3. But chances are if Tebow sticks it won't really impact the Pats season in any way, positive or negative. Certainly not enough so to call it a disgrace.

I hope so but we still need to make space ..yes ? Iam sure they are debating which ones to keep vs cut but Tebow's play really doesnt warrent much discussing. I think they want to decide if its good for the team character and stuff to keep him or not and Kraft certainly wants him here.

I don't know if Tebow is going to make it but if he does, it has to be as a part of their entire offensive scheme that utilizes his sole capacity as a runner and not as a passing quarterback.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back