PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Cuts: Boyce, Bequette, Worthy, Beauharnais...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Tyns and hope he sticks although there is a deep crew of WR. Tyms certainly has the attitude you like to see, one that many of the great WRs had.

Much as I hate Boyce being cut (make that, as much as I hate Boyce being such a disappointment), you have to feel good that a guy like Tyms can walk in, play with that kind of fire and determination and get a nice payday, at least.

Good for him. Tyms, Butler and Swanson have been the three pleasant surprises for me this summer. Sucks that Swanson will probably be cut free, but I expect him to be in the NFL this year.

Boyce was such a big disappointment. Glad to see Tyns hang around for a little while, he really showed promise. Going to be interesting to see get's cut from the running backs and the defensive line.

I count my roster to 55 every time. There are going to be some sad cuts. I'm hoping for another Mankins-like trade for future assets.

[email protected] ‏@patscap
@Patriots will lose $378,176 in cap space for carrying Brian Tyms on their roster during his suspension.

Pats must like Tyms a decent amount then

Seriously, that's not throwaway money. But when three of your WRs are coming back from injuries, you take a chance like this (free roster spot for WR depth) and just go with it.

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL
Patriots cut Dax Swanson, per @RavensInsider.

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
Pats have cut Dax Swanson with the notion he could return to the practice squad, per source.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN
Have been told he could be a practice squad candidate. RT @RavensInsider: Patriots cut Dax Swanson, according to a source

Just as a clarification: that ~$400K number Miguel cites is the pro-rated 13/17 of his $495K salary that Tyms will receive if he remains on the roster the rest of the season. If the Pats release him at the end of the suspension, there's essentially zero cap hit.

Ironically, Boyce was probably the most popular pick of that draft on this board.
Actually, Dobson was and continues to be my favorite pick from that draft. I did have high hopes for Boyce though, but I think the playbook was his biggest obstacle, which is weird considering how smart Boyce is (according to Belichick). BB's struggles drafting WRs continues.

Oliver Thomas ‏@OliverBThomas
According to @shalisemyoung, defensive end Jake Bequette and linebacker Steve Beauharnais have been released by Patriots.

Ok, had Beauharnais on the roster. The first loss on the scoreboard for me.

Sorry @fnordcircle. Bequette is no more. The star has fallen, the flag is at half mast. The baguette has been released.

SMY reporting Beuharnais and Bequette gone....

I count my roster to 55 every time. There are going to be some sad cuts. I'm hoping for another Mankins-like trade for future assets.

I'm thinking the same thing. The talent left is 45 man roster caliber. That means trades for future picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back