PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots & Cowboys looking like the 02 Raiders - Records may be broken by either team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots & Cowboys looking like the 02 Raiders - Records may be broken by either

I think, on paper, we are far better than the cowboys. We have no bulging weakness, the cowboys do (secondary)

Re: Patriots & Cowboys looking like the 02 Raiders - Records may be broken by either

The Cowboys secondary is only a notable weakness with Newman out of the lineup. Jacques Reeves is getting burned like a mother:eek:er out there.

The Cowboys secondary is only a notable weakness with Newman out of the lineup. Jacques Reeves is getting burned like a mother:eek:er out there.

Newman should be completely healthy in a couple of weeks(according to Wade, he's nearly recovered from his foot injury he got in preseason)-but for now, he's playing in the nickel.

Personally-I would have preferred to keep Aaron Glenn over Reeves, but at the same time, it was understandable why we cut him(Glenn is 34 years old and has lost a couple of steps-he was getting beat like a dead mule in preseason-otherwise, I thought he gave them a couple of productive seasons).

I think, on paper, we are far better than the cowboys. We have no bulging weakness, the cowboys do (secondary)

The Cowboys have a bulging weakness, pun intended, at left tackle. Flozell Adams is one of the league's worst and may be the most pealized left tackle in football.

Are people still under the impression that Terence Newman is good? I mean, he's okay but the ship of "elite" just because he was a top 10 draft pick? That's sailed.

I think the Boys in some ways could be considered the Pats of the NFC....both complete teams with few weaknesses but like the NFC is weaker than the AFC than The NFC stud team is weaker than the AFC stud team.

We will prove that in a few eeks when we play them in BIG D.

Oh by the way I know I have said it several times but I will be heading to BIG D for this game WOOOOOOOO!

We got first row end zone seats :rocker:

I don't think any records like the one Oakland set in 2002 is going to be broken but its a possibility if Cincy's defense takes the night off...

If you read the article, the Pats must score 49 points in order to break the Raiders' record. I don't see that happening since I do expect the Bengals to show up and play - they certainly don't want to end up 1-3 at this stage of the season.

My expectation: Pats win 38-28. :cool:

If you read the article, the Pats must score 49 points in order to break the Raiders' record. I don't see that happening since I do expect the Bengals to show up and play - they certainly don't want to end up 1-3 at this stage of the season.

My expectation: Pats win 38-28. :cool:

If that pathetic Philly offense can put up 56 points on a team anything can happen in the NFL

The Cowboys have a bulging weakness, pun intended, at left tackle. Flozell Adams is one of the league's worst and may be the most pealized left tackle in football.

In terms of not keeping his head straight at times, yeah(his false start penalties can drive you nuts). And he's also deaf in his left ear.

However-he's been excellent protecting the blind side-believe it or not, Bledsoe was having a Pro Bowl year in '05 before he went down with an injury, afterwards, it was somewhat understandable why he struggled since.

As for Dallas beating the Pats, I'm not sure-Yeah, they've smacked their AFC opponents at TX Stadium(i.e. Indy last year, and they controlled the LOS against Denver and Pitt in the previous years)-However, the Pats are head and shoulders above those times, I'll admit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes