PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots could have had in 2nd round instead of Chad Jackson.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
omgomgomg

lol by this kids rational, all 32 teams had 5+ chances to draft colston, and didnt.....omg we're all stupid!!!! first rookie to have a 1000 yard season in a while....

pats should kick themselves for not taking colston in the 2nd

lol.....heheheh

Ah yah.... the thing about that...

It's not even a year since the draft, never mind "years", plural.

Complain to me about this one once the guy's been in more than a handful of plays.

Ow, my head hurts.

PFnV

omgomgomg

lol by this kids rational, all 32 teams had 5+ chances to draft colston, and didnt.....omg we're all stupid!!!! first rookie to have a 1000 yard season in a while....

pats should kick themselves for not taking colston in the 2nd

lol.....heheheh

That's a great point. The real guy we should have had in the 2nd round is Marques Colston. And I see 31 other teams in the NFL with egg on their face missing out on this guy.

The Pats targetted WR in round 2 because they knew they were losing Givens. So why don't we keep the comparisons to the wideouts. The draft experts basically agreed that the top 2 wideouts in this draft were Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson. Everyone missed the boat on Colston.

If you want should have picked, that's the guy we should have picked instead. Happy?

I'd still much rather have Jackson than Colston. Rick Mirer had a better rookie year than Drew Bledsoe.

Why don't we give the kid a chance before jumping to conclusions like this.

Sure we all want him to be Jerry Rice today, but let's wait til we see him out on the field free from injury before we throw him under a bus.

I'm all for giving the kid a chance, as well, but come on?!?!?

If we could have had Devin Hester, then that was just plain stupid!

I smell another Tony Simmons/Tony Gaiter/Bethel Johnson controversy in the making...

Gaffney, on the other hand, has some upside!

A great and poignant writer offered this:

"The saddest words of tongue or pen
It might have been."

:bricks:

I'm all for giving the kid a chance, as well, but come on?!?!?

If we could have had Devin Hester, then that was just plain stupid!

I smell another Tony Simmons/Tony Gaiter/Bethel Johnson controversy in the making...

Gaffney, on the other hand, has some upside!

Sure could've used your magical crystal ball last April when you knew how good Hester was going to be...

Hester = One dimentional player. He is used almost primarily on special teams as a returner and no where else. Even with Vasehr out, Hester rarely saw the field as a nickel.

Hester = Desmond Howard.

Now, might Hester turn into something more? Maybe. But Chicago hasn't even considered putting him on offense.

You're right... Pioli and BB, they don't know what the **** they're doing. Too bad they took Seymour over Terrell, or that dope Ty Warren. What a bust he was his 1st year, the #14 overall pick. Are these posters piling on Chad Jackson really Pats fans, or just recent Red Sox crossovers? They're making me physically ill, turning Jackson into their "whipping boy" the same way they jumped on Willy Mo Pena. They constitute a mean spirited, premature "lynch mob". Read into that what you want.

Hey, lets realize that BB and SP have made some terrific picks and some real lousy ones...they have not had much luck in rds 2-4

Hester = One dimentional player. He is used almost primarily on special teams as a returner and no where else. Even with Vasehr out, Hester rarely saw the field as a nickel.

Hester = Desmond Howard.

Now, might Hester turn into something more? Maybe. But Chicago hasn't even considered putting him on offense.

Let's be honest. Hester was worth more points to his team than any of the Patriots receivers. Just because he can't play defensive back... he only takes up one roster spot. I don't understand the big deal that he can't play defensive back... good special teams are worth alot more than some corner who comes out on 3rd and 30s.

Let's be honest. Hester was worth more points to his team than any of the Patriots receivers. Just because he can't play defensive back... he only takes up one roster spot. I don't understand the big deal that he can't play defensive back... good special teams are worth alot more than some corner who comes out on 3rd and 30s.

So you're saying that a purely special teams player is worth a 2nd round pick? I'm sorry but I think a lot of posters would disagree with you.

I have nothing against Jackson but unless you are trading into the top 10 I would not trade 2 picks for 1. In most draft classes 1-10 are studs, 11-25 are good players and 26-70 are in the same general range. I would have kept picks 52 and 67 just to minimze the "bust" factor and improve the overall depth of the roster. You can insert your own names, hindsight is 20/20 but just my opinion I would stay away from 2:1 trades. There were holes to fill at LB, CB and WR and for at least for this year none were filled via the draft.

Marcus McNeil 18th pick- stud Left tackle, who has been sensational for SD

Greg Jennings 20th pick- fine WR for GB

Devin Hester 25th pick- tied all time record for rookie KR's for TDs for touchdowns

Face it the Patriots whiffed big time picking Jackson instead of McNeil.
He could have been our stud LT for the next 10 years.
Maybe BB and Pioli listened to much to the Urban Meyer hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back