PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots could have had in 2nd round instead of Chad Jackson.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we give the kid a chance before jumping to conclusions like this.

Sure we all want him to be Jerry Rice today, but let's wait til we see him out on the field free from injury before we throw him under a bus.

Amen to this one, you have to give him a chance. Very few rookies are that productive, or have a HUGE impact their first year. Has Jackson been disappointing this year......yes, but he hasn't been on the field all that much, and when he is ....he isn't at 100%....

I think he has also been slow to learn the offense ...seems to misrun alot of routes and doesn't seem to be on the same page with Brady this year so far.

I think you also have to put some of the blame on a weak receiving game overall, on the weakness of our OL giving Brady limited time to find anyone open.....and the fact that Brady hasn't really had the time to get any familiarity with his receiving corps. With Branch it was practically "reflexive" between Brady and him........Both knew what the other was going to do.......Brady now has to do that all over again with Jackson.......maybe this offseason.

But you heard it here first.....Jackson will become a big time receiver in this league (Hopefully for us).........then again, I did say the same thing about PK Sam didn't I? ;)

Who has been around on this board long enough to remember the "Ty Warren is a bust" posts? Were you watching on Sunday?

Amen to this one, you have to give him a chance. Very few rookies are that productive, or have a HUGE impact their first year. Has Jackson been disappointing this year......yes, but he hasn't been on the field all that much, and when he is ....he isn't at 100%....

I think he has also been slow to learn the offense ...seems to misrun alot of routes and doesn't seem to be on the same page with Brady this year so far.

I think you also have to put some of the blame on a weak receiving game overall, on the weakness of our OL giving Brady limited time to find anyone open.....and the fact that Brady hasn't really had the time to get any familiarity with his receiving corps. With Branch it was practically "reflexive" between Brady and him........Both knew what the other was going to do.......Brady now has to do that all over again with Jackson.......maybe this offseason.

But you heard it here first.....Jackson will become a big time receiver in this league (Hopefully for us).........then again, I did say the same thing about PK Sam didn't I? ;)

I don't think his TDs were disappointing. They were really good plays.

20-20 hindsight is a wonderful thing.

To the poster who started this thread: after the winning lottery numbers are announced, do you bash yourself over the head with the thought, "I could have played THAT number, instead of the losing number I did play?"

Cause that's exactly what you're doing when you look back and say, retrospectively, we could have drafted so and so instead of so and so.

PS I do not agree Jackson is a bust either - it's way too early to judge him. But several others have already made that point.

Why don't we give the kid a chance before jumping to conclusions like this.

Sure we all want him to be Jerry Rice today, but let's wait til we see him out on the field free from injury before we throw him under a bus.

Jackson could be another Adrian Klemm...potential..potential..potential..

He might not...

Are you kidding me? You just put Ben Watson in the same category as a bunch of guys who are out of football? Why, because he fumbled a couple balls?

A couple balls?

Yes let's do some more bandwagon bashing! You're sooo cool! I would have never thought of that! Thank you for your post. We have all become stupider for reading it.

WTF are Pioli and Belichek doing.
EVERYONE else is getting better and the PATS get worse.
The Patriots could have moved up to 15 or higher for just a third or a fourth...but they sit on their hands and do nothing.
Do they have ANY plan...other than to break their fans' heart by doing nothing.

Even the most die hard supporters of BB and SP must be at least questioning a little bit.
It would not be so peculiar if they weren't 20 million under the cap.

If someone can explain this amazing lack of activity and attempt to improve the team...I would appreciate it.

At least move up from # 21 so we can get a Chad Jackson or Lendale White?

All the fun and joy of being a NE PATS fan are being stolen away.
I do not believe this lack of activity is a master genius plan. Do you????

Respect and to some extent intimidation for and by Peyton Manning.

I think this time Peyton may have got a little bit into BB's head.

Example 1- going for the first down on fourth and 3 in the first quarter. Turned out OK, but made no sense against any other opponent except Indy.
Unless BB does not trust Gostowski

When the Pats got down by 7, BB may have believed if they got down by 14 in the second half that they would not be able to come back.
When it comes down to the real nitty gritty, BB didn't trust the run as much as the pass....in a come from behind situation.

The peyton manning factor also seems to have come into play when the Colts played the Jets earlier this year. Mangini went for a touchdown on 4th down and 2 when he could have taken the FG.

Give Manning credit...he forces coaches to play in an unorthodox manner and forces decisions that they usually do not make.

Colts troll?

Marcus McNeil 18th pick- stud Left tackle, who has been sensational for SD

Greg Jennings 20th pick- fine WR for GB

Devin Hester 25th pick- tied all time record for rookie KR's for TDs for touchdowns

Face it the Patriots whiffed big time picking Jackson instead of McNeil.
He could have been our stud LT for the next 10 years.
Maybe BB and Pioli listened to much to the Urban Meyer hype

I'm not even ready to criticize the Mario Williams pick and you're all the way to the mid-second round already?

the same way they jumped on Willy Mo Pena

Yeah, another good example. A 30-year old forever .500 pitcher for a guy that could conceivably hit .280 and 30 hr. for the next 10 years. That front office has made some stupid moves. This wasn't one of them.

Marcus McNeil 18th pick- stud Left tackle, who has been sensational for SD

Greg Jennings 20th pick- fine WR for GB

Devin Hester 25th pick- tied all time record for rookie KR's for TDs for touchdowns

Face it the Patriots whiffed big time picking Jackson instead of McNeil.
He could have been our stud LT for the next 10 years.
Maybe BB and Pioli listened to much to the Urban Meyer hype

Where were you with your prescient commentary 8 months ago ???

You should be somebody's GM or director of player personnel. Apply for the job somewhere !!

//

PATRIOTS COULD HAVE HAD IN SIXTH ROUND INSTEAD OF TOM BRADY:

Tim Rattay!

I mean look at last week:

Brady: 16 out of 23, 109 yards, 2 TD
Rattay:20 out of 35, 268 yards, 3 TD

Stupid front office.

PATRIOTS COULD HAVE HAD IN SIXTH ROUND INSTEAD OF TOM BRADY:

Tim Rattay!

I mean look at last week:

Brady: 16 out of 23, 109 yards, 2 TD
Rattay:20 out of 35, 268 yards, 3 TD

Stupid front office.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I, for one, am not giving up hope for Chad Jackson. There is still a chance that he could die and be reincarnated as an NFL-calibre WR.

Everyone on this board takes themselves too seriously.

Just playing the what if game.....

Just a topic for converstation....

Not life or death

No need to be so defensive....just illustrates the point about what an inexact science drafting is.
the Patriots did takea long look at McNeil pre draft and just didn't rank him highly enough.

Whether you love Jackson or not...his first season has been a bust

Not life or death

No need to be so defensive....just illustrates the point about what an inexact science drafting is.
the Patriots did takea long look at McNeil pre draft and just didn't rank him highly enough.

Please, do NOT say that.
You'll be excoriated as a pariah!

We hear time and time again how complicated the Pats offence is, so much so it's likely that Gabriel was let go because he didn't get it, Donald hayes didn't last because he was lost, so were are so profoundly disapointed the a rookie has a slow learning curve.

what are those numbers you ask, those are the receptionsin the rookie seasons of Chad Jackson, David Givens, Chad Johnson, who's your moma, Caldwell, and Branch. Slow stars are more the norm for wr's. Has Jackson been a little disapointing, sure but injuries have been a big factor.

I remember for years Willie Mcginest was concidered some what of a bust but by the end he was a leader and a deffensive main stay. You can't expect a rookie to have a huge impact on a team it's not his fault the reciever corps is thin.

Not life or death

What if we didn't count the season over with 2 games, the playoffs and the Super Bowl left to play?

With Jackson off the injury report this week, I'm banking on him playing more pass plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes