PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots could give Chargers a spark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kontra, you know that's funny because I honestly believe that if he dance wasnt so "spastic", it probably wouldnt get so much attention. I dont mind the dance, just wish he did it a little less frequently.

Meh, I'm not so sure. Imagine him doing that same dance without being so spastic. For an example of this, try to YouTube "Shawne Merriman Lights Out dance in slow motion" and see if anything comes up.

Oh sorry, I was getting off topic by talking about the hypocrisy of NE fans, you're right. And yes, I defend what LT did and said after that game. Immediately after or months later, doesnt matter to me. Yes, if a player does some celebration, he's opening himself up to have it thrown back in his face. I agree. However, the way it was done was in very poor form and unsportsman to me. If you want to mock, do it after a good play that you've made. Not after the game is over. And what play did Hobbs make to join in? To me, that's just doing a five-year old version of "neeener-neener." Miami mocked LT immediately after they stuffed him last week. I had NO problem with that. It was during the game and the player made a good play. Tip of the cap. But doing it grandstand style, after the game, on mid-field, by players who didnt do squat, is beyond weak. Now, if Hobbs shut down a receiver and made a great play and he mocked Merrriman or whoever during the game....great, more power to him. But having half the team up there after the game doing the same taunting nonsense all at once is ridiculous.

I see it differently.....the pats had to listen to all the crap leading up to the game, and hear everyone say they have no chance winning. Then they go out and beat the sparklers....they have every right to celebrate. While i really don't mind in-game celebrations....i prefer them to be toned down until after the game considering you can make a great play and still lose the game.

I keep thing the thread title is "Pats could give Chargers a SPANK."

Count on it. Dissy or Classy, there will be Tears in The Aquatic Vag.

And yes, I defend what LT did and said after that game. Immediately after or months later, doesnt matter to me. Yes, if a player does some celebration, he's opening himself up to have it thrown back in his face. I agree. However, the way it was done was in very poor form and unsportsman to me. If you want to mock, do it after a good play that you've made. Not after the game is over. And what play did Hobbs make to join in? To me, that's just doing a five-year old version of "neeener-neener." Miami mocked LT immediately after they stuffed him last week. I had NO problem with that. It was during the game and the player made a good play. Tip of the cap. But doing it grandstand style, after the game, on mid-field, by players who didnt do squat, is beyond weak. Now, if Hobbs shut down a receiver and made a great play and he mocked Merrriman or whoever during the game....great, more power to him. But having half the team up there after the game doing the same taunting nonsense all at once is ridiculous.
Wah wah wah. If you don't want people to celebrate winning a game, then don't lose. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

LdT is a crybaby. TO mocked Ray Lewis's dance after scoring a TD on the Ravens, and when asked about it, Lewis said, "If we stopped him, we'd dance. He scored and he can do what he wants."

LdT reminds me of a baby whose diapers need changing.

But mostly the chargers were upset because they lost the game. They had it won. All Macree had to do was knock down Brady's pass and gaem over. But the Chargers are not a TEAM, they are individual players who value individual glory in a loss more than a team win. Even after the game, Macree defended teh act that cost the Chargers the game, saying he thought he might have a chance to score. So what if he had? They were going to win anyway if he knocks that ball down.

If they were up by two scores, fine. Then the fumble doesn't cost you the game.

Chargers have no concept of situational football, and evidentlyk neither do the fans.

Wah wah wah. If you don't want people to celebrate winning a game, then don't lose.

That pretty much sums it up:D I'm tired of professionals that have no clue how to take some responsibility for their own suckage and lose with some dignity. I'll take BB's silence when he loses over the incessant whining and finger pointing exhibited by some of these teams,coaches,and even owners.

Suk it up and spend your time trying to improve instead of blaming everybody else for the fact your team just doesn't get it done.All you have to do is win and nobody will mess with you. If you lose quietly people don't pick on you but if you lose then cry into every mic you can find,people begin to label you the way they see you.

I know this year the Chargers have a lot of injuries but in years past,given their level of talent they should have trounced all over most of the league.

Their losses are their own, and the consequences of those losses came about because of their own big mouths. Nobody,certainly not the Patriots,owes them anything. Respect has to be earned.

Meant the prep rally before that AFC game. (Sorry, I had to step away and didn't have a chance to double-check my msg to see if was clear.)
Ok, thanks.

On your other point: trash talk between players is a very regular occurence on the field. But away from the game, especially on a podium, players are generally more polite. That's why Mr. Tomilson's later statement on BB and Merriman's loud talk rankled many of the Pats fans.
Didn't like LT's comments even if I would have agreed with them. Merriman's comment directed at Brady didn't make me happy either. I would have preferred he just pumped his team rather than talk about their opponent. I think that may be the real issue, he single out TB. Like I said I have heard many players say similar things, including AS, and not bet bothered by it.

Asante said something on the same lines about an opponent? Could you shed more light? Thx
Sorry, I don't have a link to the ASamuel comments. Tried searching for it but couldn't find anything, too long ago I guess. I distinctly remember him saying something very similar but can't remember the details or find a link.

Last edited:
You're splitting hairs now. So, one type of motiviation is ok, but not another. And Phillips is the only one that said it was personal. And to clarify, he's being specific to one Pats player and one only. So what if they take something personal? Why is that bad or even an issue? I hope they take it that way. By the way, I want to see if it's possible to have a discussion on this forum without someone mentioning the word "class." I dont think you guys can do it.
head of the class
80hotcseason2-103.jpg

LOL. Great post. I actually agree with most of it. One thing I AM against is dirty play. Play tough, through the whistle, hold, trip, scratch, claw, (don't cry if penalised though), but at the end of the game, show respect for the game and for other NFL players. What they endure and suffer, during and after their career, deserves respect individually amongst themselves. There's no place in football for dirty play, imo.

Oh sure, I agree with that of course.

Wah wah wah. If you don't want people to celebrate winning a game, then don't lose. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

LdT is a crybaby. TO mocked Ray Lewis's dance after scoring a TD on the Ravens, and when asked about it, Lewis said, "If we stopped him, we'd dance. He scored and he can do what he wants."

LdT reminds me of a baby whose diapers need changing.

But mostly the chargers were upset because they lost the game. They had it won. All Macree had to do was knock down Brady's pass and gaem over. But the Chargers are not a TEAM, they are individual players who value individual glory in a loss more than a team win. Even after the game, Macree defended teh act that cost the Chargers the game, saying he thought he might have a chance to score. So what if he had? They were going to win anyway if he knocks that ball down.

If they were up by two scores, fine. Then the fumble doesn't cost you the game.

Chargers have no concept of situational football, and evidentlyk neither do the fans.
i guess that also applies to why NE lost the superbowl

in NE's case it was also a db who dropped a int, the only difference is mccree had possession of his int, asante didn't have his secured.

head of the class
80hotcseason2-103.jpg
not to be disrespectful but the pic you just posted (head of the class) has a resemblance to the rosa parks pic in your sig, it just struck me as kinda funny

Sorry, I don't have a link to the ASamuel comments. Tried searching for it but couldn't find anything, too long ago I guess. I distinctly remember him saying something very similar but can't remember the details or find a link.

I am actually surprised about this because, contrary to his slightly negative image here thanks to the local media, I believe that he is a decent person both on and off the field.

And, I have never heard about him or any other Pats player talk bad about the opponent. Looks like one of BB's rule is that the players have only good things to say in public about their opponents and once the game is over, praise their play and move on to the next opponent. At least in public ;)

So, if any of the players had anything disrespectful to say about the opponents, it would have been immediately noted and discussed here. I don't remember seeing anything on Asante and so it would be good if you end up finding anything. Thanks,

EDIT: Actually, don't bother. I keep forgetting that Asante is no longer with the Pats. :D But still, if you stumble upon it, please post it just for my curiosity. Thanks,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back