PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots could give Chargers a spark

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting to observe the Chargers fans that post here. I don't want them muzzled or anything I just find it interesting because I would not consider registering to use a Charger's message board.

Could you elaborate? BB goes out of his way to praise the other team, if he doesn't it usually is pretty strange.
See other posts. I was wrong to characterise it as whining.

As much as I dislike the colts, I have come to respect them over the years....the same can't be said for the sparklers. When the pats lose, they give credit to the team that beat them, say they could have played and coached better and they move on. The sparklers have the Marshal Faulk syndrome: We're better, they shouldn't have won, they got lucky, the best team didn't win, ect...
I'm with you actually, unless someone wants to discuss, in detail, a game. Then alls fair. If you want to generally talk about it, to me, it's scoreboard. As an example the Chargers/Denver game this year. It's a W for Denver, L for SD, end of story, let's move on.

Last edited:
It is interesting to observe the Chargers fans that post here. I don't want them muzzled or anything I just find it interesting because I would not consider registering to use a Charger's message board.
And a vast majority of Charger fans wouldn't consider coming here. There are a few guys from here that participate on the Chargers mesage board and it is really interesting talking to them too.

Hmm, and here I was hoping the Chargers would be looking past the Patriots for next week's games with the 4-1 Bills.
LOL. No way. Glad I wasn't at work!

Nice article. I had forgotten that there isn't a bigger collection of losers, d-bags, and jacka**es on any NFL roster 1-53 than San Diego. Man, what a bunch of tools. Seriously, I'm all for rivalries and competitiveness, I respect the Colts tremendously, but the Chargers, they're just a bunch of talented morons.

Every team has pot smoking, steroid using, girlfriend slapping, drunk driving, making babies out of wedlock, and stupid comment making players (and fans).

It is the NFL. No team is immune.

Good luck on Sunday.

Like I said earlier I kinda wish more guys like pao and C'Bad Bolt would come around here in the week before games. They're educated, reasonable and bring an angle to the discussion that the majority of the posters here simply can't. I know I don't know very much about the Chargers and there's only so much I can think about Maroney or the defense.

See other posts. I was wrong to characterise it as whining.

I'm with you actually, unless someone wants to discuss, in detail, a game. Then alls fair. If you want to generally talk about it, to me, it's scoreboard. As an example the Chargers/Denver game this year. It's a W for Denver, L for SD, end of story, let's move on.

Fair enough.

As for the denver game, i agree that the players shouldn't say anything and move on.....there's nothing good going to come from mouthing off about the NFL or the refs. Besides everyone in the country with a pulse knew that SD got jobbed........and every media outlett covered it for quite a while.

4-1 seems to be better than 3-2, esp a conference win....

I would love to see them pull it out...

4-1 seems to be better than 3-2, esp a conference win....

I would love to see them pull it out...

And they'd be tied with Buffalo for first in the AFC East!

And none of the Pats have a celebratory thing, right?

sorry dude, do you even understand the context of your argument?

The issue is about the hypocrisy when players celebrate after every play and then whine when they lose and the opposing player has the gall to mimick the same celebration.

So, stick to the argument and try to prove how Mr. 'classy' LT is right in claiming that the opponents shouldn't mock the Chargers' celebration on their (Bolts) field.

And we have not even mentioned about how your Merriman in your practice victory celebration proclaimed wanting to punch Brady's face. And you are here talking about your humble Bolts and their class...:rolleyes:

PS1: Even assuming that the Pats have celebratory dances, show me a single Pats player who moaned after a loss that the opponent mimicked the Pats celebration and so is a 'classless' opponent.

PS2: More addressed to the other poster who mentioned that he wouldn't give too much importance to words spoken in the heat of the moment right after a tough loss. Fair enough. But a few months later, Mr. Tomlinson had the audacity to comment that the classless character of the Pats runs right from the top coaching level. What do you say to that? Is this the childish way to insult our coach?

I lost all respect for this self-proclaimed classy player after that. (Believe me that prior to all this, I had the greatest respect for him because he did not choose to flaunt/celebrate his amazing achievements on the field.)

And we have not even mentioned about how your Merriman in your practice victory celebration proclaimed wanting to punch Brady's face. And you are here talking about your humble Bolts and their class...:rolleyes:
Practice victory celebration? What do you mean? Also, I understand and accept most of the rest of your post but the part about punching Brady in the face? It's said by almost every team in the league. You know play Smash mouth football, we're going to punch them in the face, these things are almost cliche. Funny thing is Asante Samuel said something almost verbatim when talking about an opponent that very same year. It's part of the vernacular, not a sign of disrespect.

Practice victory celebration? What do you mean? Also, I understand and accept most of the rest of your post but the part about punching Brady in the face? It's said by almost every team in the league. You know play Smash mouth football, we're going to punch them in the face, these things are almost cliche. Funny thing is Asante Samuel said something almost verbatim when talking about an opponent that very same year. It's part of the vernacular, not a sign of disrespect.

i think he is talking about something merriman said during a prep rally for the AFCDiv game that he would punch brady in the face or something. not punch 'them' in the face. iam not sure but i think thats what the OP is referring to

Meant the prep rally before that AFC game. (Sorry, I had to step away and didn't have a chance to double-check my msg to see if was clear.)

On your other point: trash talk between players is a very regular occurence on the field. But away from the game, especially on a podium, players are generally more polite. That's why Mr. Tomilson's later statement on BB and Merriman's loud talk rankled many of the Pats fans.

Asante said something on the same lines about an opponent? Could you shed more light? Thx

sorry dude, do you even understand the context of your argument?

The issue is about the hypocrisy when players celebrate after every play and then whine when they lose and the opposing player has the gall to mimick the same celebration.

So, stick to the argument and try to prove how Mr. 'classy' LT is right in claiming that the opponents shouldn't mock the Chargers' celebration on their (Bolts) field.

PS1: Even assuming that the Pats have celebratory dances, show me a single Pats player who moaned after a loss that the opponent mimicked the Pats celebration and so is a 'classless' opponent.

PS2: More addressed to the other poster who mentioned that he wouldn't give too much importance to words spoken in the heat of the moment right after a tough loss. Fair enough. But a few months later, Mr. Tomlinson had the audacity to comment that the classless character of the Pats runs right from the top coaching level. What do you say to that? Is this the childish way to insult our coach?

I lost all respect for this self-proclaimed classy player after that. (Believe me that prior to all this, I had the greatest respect for him because he did not choose to flaunt/celebrate his amazing achievements on the field.)

Oh sorry, I was getting off topic by talking about the hypocrisy of NE fans, you're right. And yes, I defend what LT did and said after that game. Immediately after or months later, doesnt matter to me. Yes, if a player does some celebration, he's opening himself up to have it thrown back in his face. I agree. However, the way it was done was in very poor form and unsportsman to me. If you want to mock, do it after a good play that you've made. Not after the game is over. And what play did Hobbs make to join in? To me, that's just doing a five-year old version of "neeener-neener." Miami mocked LT immediately after they stuffed him last week. I had NO problem with that. It was during the game and the player made a good play. Tip of the cap. But doing it grandstand style, after the game, on mid-field, by players who didnt do squat, is beyond weak. Now, if Hobbs shut down a receiver and made a great play and he mocked Merrriman or whoever during the game....great, more power to him. But having half the team up there after the game doing the same taunting nonsense all at once is ridiculous.

Wow the Chargers have fans?! I have yet to meet one. Good luck beating Denver for the AFC West. You will need it. Good luck on Sunday beating a team led by a QB who has only played 4-games in the past 9 years. You won't need it since I don't expect the Pats to win esp. on the road.

Oh sorry, I was getting off topic by talking about the hypocrisy of NE fans, you're right. And yes, I defend what LT did and said after that game. Immediately after or months later, doesnt matter to me. Yes, if a player does some celebration, he's opening himself up to have it thrown back in his face. I agree. However, the way it was done was in very poor form and unsportsman to me. If you want to mock, do it after a good play that you've made. Not after the game is over. And what play did Hobbs make to join in? To me, that's just doing a five-year old version of "neeener-neener." Miami mocked LT immediately after they stuffed him last week. I had NO problem with that. It was during the game and the player made a good play. Tip of the cap. But doing it grandstand style, after the game, on mid-field, by players who didnt do squat, is beyond weak. Now, if Hobbs shut down a receiver and made a great play and he mocked Merrriman or whoever during the game....great, more power to him. But having half the team up there after the game doing the same taunting nonsense all at once is ridiculous.

First, thanks for putting forth your points in a level headed manner and not getting testy. Glad that we could have some decent discussion on the subject without getting too emotional. :)

When we are emotional - right after a big win or a humiliating loss - and asked to comment right away on many things that just occured, our words and tone are bound to be affected more than normal. This is 100 times more for these players who take the physical pounding. Due to this, I try not to give too much importance to the words spoke in anger or irritation right after the game and instead try to see what the player says/does when he is in a bit more calmer mood.

So, when Mr. Tomlinson chose to insult BB at a later date (I believe at the pro-bowl PCs), it clearly revealed how lowly he thinks of our team and our coach, and in the process, brought him down significantly in the eyes of many of us here. Note that we do not say everyone has to think only good of us. This is more to a knock on Mr. Tomlinson's rationalizing ability. :D

To your point on what specifically did Hobbs do to be so jubliant and mock the Chargers: that is the beauty of the Pats philosophy/koolaid that the players follow. It is a TEAM game and you do not play for stats. You do your role being aware that the sacks and INTs can be caused by others thanks to you doing your role properly. The whole team gets to enjoy the fruits of your hard labor. Though this theory is certainly followed to an extent by every team, I think that the Pats follow it at a higher level. That's why every single player is escastic upon a hard fought victory and need not point to any individual accomplishment to take part in the joy.

w.r.t players doing the mocking after the victory: if the idea is to get back at your opponent's silly antics, isn't the best time to savor that mocking after you accomplish the goal of getting the W and not just over a specific play on the field?

(although, I believe that some of the Pats players mimicked TO even during the game @ the SB a few years back.)

First, thanks for putting forth your points in a level headed manner and not getting testy. Glad that we could have some decent discussion on the subject without getting too emotional. :)

When we are emotional - right after a big win or a humiliating loss - and asked to comment right away on many things that just occured, our words and tone are bound to be affected more than normal. This is 100 times more for these players who take the physical pounding. Due to this, I try not to give too much importance to the words spoke in anger or irritation right after the game and instead try to see what the player says/does when he is in a bit more calmer mood.

So, when Mr. Tomlinson chose to insult BB at a later date (I believe at the pro-bowl PCs), it clearly revealed how lowly he thinks of our team and our coach, and in the process, brought him down significantly in the eyes of many of us here. Note that we do not say everyone has to think only good of us. This is more to a knock on Mr. Tomlinson's rationalizing ability. :D

To your point on what specifically did Hobbs do to be so jubliant and mock the Chargers: that is the beauty of the Pats philosophy/koolaid that the players follow. It is a TEAM game and you do not play for stats. You do your role being aware that the sacks and INTs can be caused by others thanks to you doing your role properly. The whole team gets to enjoy the fruits of your hard labor. Though this theory is certainly followed to an extent by every team, I think that the Pats follow it at a higher level. That's why every single player is escastic upon a hard fought victory and need not point to any individual accomplishment to take part in the joy.

w.r.t players doing the mocking after the victory: if the idea is to get back at your opponent's silly antics, isn't the best time to savor that mocking after you accomplish the goal of getting the W and not just over a specific play on the field?
(although, I believe that some of the Pats players mimicked TO even during the game @ the SB a few years back.)

I guess to me, that's the point. I dont mind it during the game. It is what it is. But doing it in an orchestrated fashion with a bunch of players after the game, at OUR midfield is insulting and unsportsmanlike IMO. I'd rather a player do something mid game and let the other team counter. It's sort of like someone trying to get the last word in, then walk out the door and shut the door behind them. (I cant believe we're actually still talking about this).

That dance was so stupid that it deserved to be mocked. Even Charger fans must agree with this.

That dance was so stupid that it deserved to be mocked. Even Charger fans must agree with this.

Kontra, you know that's funny because I honestly believe that if he dance wasnt so "spastic", it probably wouldnt get so much attention. I dont mind the dance, just wish he did it a little less frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes