PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots could be targeting Rams RFA WR Danny Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Second round pick for a back-up seems steep. What are they doing? trying to piss off Welker? Are they looking to trade Welker? First off, unless Welker signs his tender they can't trade him. Welker had proven himself time and time again, I would hate to see them let him go. It would be like the Dieon Branch mistake all over again.

With the two TEs and Welker, what the Pats need is someone to go deep. This makes no sense whatsoevah!

Reiss:

Danny Amendola sighting in Boston by @scottzolak creates little stir among reporters. Amendola might have been in town due 2 death in family

Turn's out he was spotted at 'The Place' in Boston, not Patriots place. He apparently has family in the area.

LOL Yup. Apparently his dad lives in Scituate...

Wes is the best in the business at the slot position. I like Amendola but not to replace Wes. Hopefully this is to replace Edelman. It would be crazy to get rid of Wes while Brady is still the QB. Do we really want Brady to have to break in a new guy at such an important position to him at this stage of his career? Not while Wes is playing like he is.

This kind of baffles me, why not focus on a much more needed position like maybe a legit mid to deep receiver? This is kind of crazy, imo. Go out and get Wallace or Lloyd, to put this offense over the top.

if you're going to target the slot routes as much as the pats do, you need someone behind welker or if he goes down, then your offense is screwed....if anything, this says more about edelman than welker

Could he replace an aging Branch? Or is he a completely different player?

Re: Amendola.

Rather than shelling out a significant contract to Wes (who is not getting any younger) I could see some logic in the Pats keeping Wes at the franchise tender amount while apprenticing Amendola for a season to gauge his ability to eventually replace Welker in the offense.

if you're going to target the slot routes as much as the pats do, you need someone behind welker or if he goes down, then your offense is screwed....if anything, this says more about edelman than welker

It says that with a full off-season Edelman is going to be the slot DB.

Hes had 3 years in this program and had 4 catches last year. If hes a 50 catch slot guy it will be somewhere else.

When is his contract up? I can see the team going in that direction. I would hate to sweet him go though.

Amendola does make sense if they plan on dealing Wes, and/or they don't see Edelman fitting the bill on offense. I'm sure this is all part of a bigger push to get something hammered out, but who knows how long Wes can hold up. He is playing great, but is on the back side of his career at this point. Even three years at this point can't be taken for granted. Two year deal (7 per) with a bigger money option on the back end (8)? Seems reasonable enough to me...either that or Bill is refusing to jump above his arbitrary set limit for slot receiver...

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Karen Guregian just tweeted that Amendola is attending a family funeral in Maine and has no plans to visit with the NEP, no matter how much Tom E Curran or some of you want him to...

NO WAY Danny Amendola is worth a second round pick. He would be serviceable (if he can stay healthy) but he is NOT the second coming of Wes Welker.

Last edited:
The Boston sports media will grasp at any rumor concerning the New England Patriots during unrestricted free agency.

Last edited:
Yeah, but I saw you light the match, Robert. ;) Just keep movin' on, folks. Nothing to see here.

99% of the stuff that we talk about is speculation. Why not add to it? :D

In all seriousness I don't buy the WW to StL angle but I do think the Pats are kicking the tires on the kid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back