PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots could be targeting Rams RFA WR Danny Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh knows talent. He just can't manage it.

I was referring to the famous examples of Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler, and Tim Tebow.

Last edited:
I was referring to the famous examples of Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Brandon Marshall, Jay Cutler, and Tim Tebow.

So you were referring to a bunch of players that he didn't draft (including 2 who were malcontents that needed to be moved upon his arrival in Denver), and one player that he did draft and who led his team to a playoff win in his first season as a starter?

Seems like you didn't have any real point.

Did not know till now that he went to Texas Tech.

I agree with that being that he's a Great Slot Guy a little over 6.5Mill a year sounds just right.

Piere Garcon gets over 8 mill a year and you think the guy who has caught more passes the last 5 years than anyone, and just had the 19th highest single season receiving yardage total in NFL history should get 6.5?
I think your calculator needs new batteries.

Edelman has never proven he can be a viable Rec in this league. Branch is a camp cut waiting to happen. Welker could be gone in a trade (I hope).

I don't really see how another draft pick or two could immediately help us in the sense that Wes Welker does. He masters the timing phase of the passing attack, and there's no way we're better off--no matter who we bring in.

The guy is a true Patriot, through and through.

I don't hope he gets cut, I hope the team meets him to the point where he's here for another 3 yrs. Then again, 3 yrs may not even do it. It's hard to know what the #83 camp is asking in this situation.

This team needs to add to the WR core around Welker, not instead of him.

Yeah, that very well may be true.

The only thing that worries me is whether or not a rookie can come in and produce, considering the complications of the system and the guys ahead of him.

It seems, at least currently, that Ocho may actually get another chance. There were many reports and media comments that stated that it wasn't necessarily a talent issue, so it's possible that Belichick may give him a shot at continuing to learn the system. With mini's and a full off-season and TC, maybe Belichick feels as though he can take over the spot that Branch occupied. It's at least a possibility, as much as I would disagree with it.

It's all too soon to try and speculate, but since there's nothing else to do we may as well continue to try and figure it out :cool:

I just have a feeling that Belichick tends to see things a lot differently than the fans and media, and I just have a weird hunch that he may not be anywhere as concerned about the WR position as most of us are.

It seems, at least currently, that Ocho may actually get another chance. There were many reports and media comments that stated that it wasn't necessarily a talent issue, so it's possible that Belichick may give him a shot at continuing to learn the system. With mini's and a full off-season and TC, maybe Belichick feels as though he can take over the spot that Branch occupied. It's at least a possibility, as much as I would disagree with it.
I am completely baffled by not only the original trade for Ochocinco but also his current status on the roster.

Piere Garcon gets over 8 mill a year and you think the guy who has caught more passes the last 5 years than anyone, and just had the 19th highest single season receiving yardage total in NFL history should get 6.5?
I think your calculator needs new batteries.

Simple Welker = Slot WR Garson = Outside WR guys who play on the outsides are always worth more simple economics.

I'm actually a big fan of Danny Amendola. I think he (like Devone Bess) do fill that Wes Welker/Troy Brown role quite nicely. My only concern would be the price (2nd round pick) and real need (after all, do we need Amendola when we'll have Welker and Edelman on the roster). I mean, let's assume we address defensive needs and allow Edelman to play offense.

Danny Amendola has nothing on Wes Welker for one thing he makes Wes Welker look a heck of alot faster. How do you catch 85 balls and dont even have 800yds??:confused: Obvilously Amendola cannot break a tackle to save his life. BB we want SPEED! at WR not tortoises.:rolleyes:

Have you actually seen Amendola play or are you just going off of stats?

Amendola had a better 40 and 3 cone at his pro day than Welker did at his, I dont know where you're getitng this idea that he makes Welker look fast.

Have you actually seen Amendola play or are you just going off of stats?

Amendola had a better 40 and 3 cone at his pro day than Welker did at his, I dont know where you're getitng this idea that he makes Welker look fast.

Despite that:

Welker: 11 YPC (including with the LOLphins)
Amendola: 8 YPC

Despite that:

Using just his Fins data to compare with Amendolas would make for a better comparison, using Pats and Fins data skews things. Amendola never had the luxury of playing on a world class offense.

Despite that:

Braford is nearsighted. His o-line stinks and can't look past 10 yds.

Using just his Fins data to compare with Amendolas would make for a better comparison, using Pats and Fins data skews things. Amendola never had the luxury of playing on a world class offense.

OK, just looking at Welker with the LOLphins:

Welker: 11.7 YPC :eek:
Amendola: 8.0 YPC

Some rumours spreading that Amendola was spotted at Patriots Place last night.

Patriots love them some white WRs.

Some rumours spreading that Amendola was spotted at Patriots Place last night.

Turn's out he was spotted at 'The Place' in Boston, not Patriots place. He apparently has family in the area.

This is confusing.

Are they planning to sign him and trade Welker? I dont see how we could fit 2 slot receivers into our offense especially since we have two excellent receivers at TE...not much space left in the middle of the field. But that doesnt even make sense as we'd have to give up a 2nd to get him and i'd say we'd struggle to get a 1st for Welker. So essentially it would be swapping a 1st or 2nd for 2nd and a worse but cheaper slot WR.

I presume this is just leverage they are using in Welker's contract negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots