PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots considering keeping Revis at his $25 million cap number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaching is a hard road, ask Pepper Johnson.. he just made a lateral move to D Line Coach for the Jets...

Which I still think is a shame. I wonder what the back story to that whole situation was? One would assume that Bill + Pepper would have had a decent relationship, and I'll always be sorry to have seen him go--especially to 2 divisional rivals now.

I think the pats have a better chance of keeping Revis if they win the SB. Revis will want to defend his title. He's also grown close to this group and after 8 years of nothing he will see that staying with this team gives him an opportunity to become an all time great in the HOF. I say if the pats win then pay the 20 mil if you have to. I mean they've been trying to get a ring for 10 years. 20 mil is worth getting another one next year. Truth is I think Revis will actually help the team and restructure his contract. He'll still get paid good but he'll want to keep the unit together.

Now if the pats lose I still think he'll come back or he'll go with a SB contender like Green Bay.

did you guys see his interview with NFL network just now? he will NOT say anything hinting that he wants to be back next year. i still think we have a good shot, but it's concerning

I wonder why Revis isn't willing to take a reasonable deal. Where is he going to go after this? He must have 50 million in the bank, he wants to grub out another few million as opposed to winning?

How does anybody know he isn't willing?

it wouldn't be several other, it would be 2 at the most, vince and jerrod. and thats assuming those two don't rework their deals/retire.

Vince could very realistically retire if we win it all this year. Mayo, while a great player. hasn't played a full season in 3 years, he is very much so overpaid based on his ability to stay on the field, and considering the fact that in the last two years that hes missed over half the games, we have made it to the AFCCG and now the superbowl, without him. Collins and hightower have filled the void that we once thought couldn't be filled.

Amendola is overpaid and will probably sign someplace else next year after being cut(or maybe he reworks his deal to be more inline with production.

Arrington is a good slot corner, but thats about where his talent starts to drop off.

There are 4 players that we could lose, and the team wouldn't be wholey different then it is right now, aside from Vince who could be gone anyways..

You're ready to jettison half the roster for 1 guy? Arrington is an amazing slot corner, hes the counter to players like TY Hilton and other speedsters.

Which I still think is a shame. I wonder what the back story to that whole situation was? One would assume that Bill + Pepper would have had a decent relationship, and I'll always be sorry to have seen him go--especially to 2 divisional rivals now.

I think BB has a keen eye for telling who's got "it" and who doesn't. He clearly identified Patricia has it more than Pepper Johnson did and looking at this year it's hard to disagree with BB. Patricia has been lights out and even Tedy speaks highly of him. He says he's a lot like BB in his creativity and obsession over the tiniest details.

did you guys see his interview with NFL network just now? he will NOT say anything hinting that he wants to be back next year. i still think we have a good shot, but it's concerning

He's made it clear his only concern right now is the season. He's about to play in the biggest game of his life, the contract will be handled after the season.

You're ready to jettison half the roster for 1 guy? Arrington is an amazing slot corner, hes the counter to players like TY Hilton and other speedsters.

We have arguably the best slot corner in the NFL for $4mm per year. That's a steal.

I think BB has a keen eye for telling who's got "it" and who doesn't. He clearly identified Patricia has it more than Pepper Johnson did and looking at this year it's hard to disagree with BB. Patricia has been lights out and even Tedy speaks highly of him. He says he's a lot like BB in his creativity and obsession over the tiniest details.

Yes, I suppose that Pepper grew tired of just being the DL coach, which is likely why he moved on.

It's seeing that lateral move to both the Bills and Jets that has made it even more difficult.

You make some good arguments.

I just don't see the team being willing to absorb a gigantic $25m hit to the cap.

They are taking a $5 million hit regardless, and you have to figure any long term deal is going to be in the $14-$16 million range.

as i said in my post its ultimately going to be two guys, mayo and wilfork, not "half the roster"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes