Patriots.com says to take the year off

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotsrule

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I came across this on the Patriots web site today:

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=19404&pcid=41

Even though the Patriots have questions that need to be answered, Belichick and Brady remain the one constant. Very rarely in the history of the NFL has a team been fortunate enough to have the league’s best coach and quarterback together at the same time. In recent history, the only other time I can remember that being the case is when Bill Walsh and Joe Montana were both in San Francisco. It just doesn’t happen very often. Fortunately for the Patriots, they have the best mind in the NFL drawing up schemes and the best arm in the NFL leading the team and executing the gameplan on the field to perfection. That’s a tough combination to beat.

As we head into the 2006 season, it appears the Patriots are on their way to winning yet another division title. The Dolphins and Jets are heading in the right direction but both teams are still a year or two away from making the Patriots sweat. So there you have it Pats fans, go ahead and take the regular season off and I’ll see you all in January. The only things left to be decided now is who their opponent will be, where the Patriots will be playing in the postseason and if the game will be on Saturday or Sunday.

The funny thing about this article is it's probably true. I'm not sold on Miami this year and if they aren't a serious contender than the Pats really are basically in the playoffs before the season even starts barring one person - and we all know who that is - getting injured. Oh well, I'll watch the games anyway just for the heck of it. :)

Last edited:
I just found this posted on the site too:

"The Patriots, for example, not only have the highest club-seat prices in the National Football League (an average of $566.67 a game), but they charge nearly twice as much as the second-place team, the New York Jets , according to Team Marketing Report, which tracks ticket prices. "

I find that infuriating.

yes, but..

zippo59 said:

"The Patriots, for example, not only have the highest club-seat prices in the National Football League (an average of $566.67 a game), but they charge nearly twice as much as the second-place team, the New York Jets , according to Team Marketing Report, which tracks ticket prices. "

I find that infuriating.
-----------------------------------------
Keep in mind that the Krafts have privately financed the new stadium and have delivered a superior product (team, organization etc..) Who has given their fans more to cheer about in the last few years? Kraft walked away from a boatload of cash in Connecticut and deserves to get a premium for a premium product.
Basic business principles.

Even if we're a lock to win the division (which will be determined on the field), the regular season is still critical for playoff seeding.

patriotsrule said:
I came across this on the Patriots web site today:

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=19404&pcid=41

Even though the Patriots have questions that need to be answered, Belichick and Brady remain the one constant. Very rarely in the history of the NFL has a team been fortunate enough to have the league’s best coach and quarterback together at the same time. In recent history, the only other time I can remember that being the case is when Bill Walsh and Joe Montana were both in San Francisco. It just doesn’t happen very often. Fortunately for the Patriots, they have the best mind in the NFL drawing up schemes and the best arm in the NFL leading the team and executing the gameplan on the field to perfection. That’s a tough combination to beat.

As we head into the 2006 season, it appears the Patriots are on their way to winning yet another division title. The Dolphins and Jets are heading in the right direction but both teams are still a year or two away from making the Patriots sweat. So there you have it Pats fans, go ahead and take the regular season off and I’ll see you all in January. The only things left to be decided now is who their opponent will be, where the Patriots will be playing in the postseason and if the game will be on Saturday or Sunday.

The funny thing about this article is it's probably true. I'm not sold on Miami this year and if they aren't a serious contender than the Pats really are basically in the playoffs before the season even starts barring one person - and we all know who that is - getting injured. Oh well, I'll watch the games anyway just for the heck of it. :)

If BB or Brady ever believe a word of this, (and it happens to the best of them), it's over.

Over, done, case closed.:bricks:

zippo59 said:

I find that infuriating.
Why should I care what they charge for club seat prices? As long as they have a range of seats at different prices, and the average fan can afford to get a seat somewhere. It's scalper prices that are the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
zippo59 said:

I find that infuriating.

Really? You are infuriated over the idea that the Krafts charge their fans double to sit in a stadium that is less than 5 years old, in comparison to what a 2nd rate franchise that doesn't have its own stadium charges its fans to sit in a 30+ year old stadium?

Help me out here. What is so hard to understand?

You got that right

RayClay said:
If BB or Brady ever believe a word of this, (and it happens to the best of them), it's over.

Over, done, case closed.:bricks:

After victory, the wise Roman emperor *ALWAYS* had an attendant whispering in his ear: "As you went up, you can also go down. Caveate!"

Let's see if BB and Brady know about history and how to keep the fire burning.

//////////

Fogbuster said:
After victory, the wise Roman emperor *ALWAYS* had an attendant whispering in his ear: "As you went up, you can also go down. Caveate!"

I would score Bill Belichick at 10 out of 10 for not getting complacent. It's one of his very best leadership qualities.

Of course, making sure that his team isn't complacent can be difficult, but this time I don't think it will be -- unfortunately, there is plenty from last season not to be complacent about.

Something to prove still

Mike the Brit said:
I would score Bill Belichick at 10 out of 10 for not getting complacent. It's one of his very best leadership qualities.

Of course, making sure that his team isn't complacent can be difficult, but this time I don't think it will be -- unfortunately, there is plenty from last season not to be complacent about.

I agree that Bill still feels he has something he wants to do as far as producing another winning team. After all, three Supe wins -- all by three points no less -- plus a down year last season produce their own fuel for the fire. And I remember Brady's quote from the first win, when he quoted his equipment manager or trainer at Michigan: "The *next* ring is the best!"

Consistently excellent production is almost like a drug -- you want to repeat it forever.

////////

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey