PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots.com repeals Givens signing story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakadave

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
For a day or so, patriots.com had a story on their news page dated 3/12, basically reporting that the Houston paper reported that Givens had re-signed with the Patriots. Tonight I notice that patriots.com has erased the story, so that the latest news item there is dated 2/10.

I fear that this is telling....

shakadave said:
For a day or so, patriots.com had a story on their news page dated 3/12, basically reporting that the Houston paper reported that Givens had re-signed with the Patriots. Tonight I notice that patriots.com has erased the story, so that the latest news item there is dated 2/10.

As Pedro would say, "Where you been, man." :D

shakadave said:

The Givens Story got posted around 10 AM EST on Sunday. It was off the web site by 5 PM EST. So, I am not sure how you can say it was "Up for a day or so". It was up for maybe 6 or 7 hours.

RayClay said:
As Pedro would say, "Where you been, man." :D

Oh I know the Houston story was bogus. I've just never noticed Patriots.com erasing a story like that before.

DaBruinz said:
The Givens Story got posted around 10 AM EST on Sunday. It was off the web site by 5 PM EST. So, I am not sure how you can say it was "Up for a day or so". It was up for maybe 6 or 7 hours.

Geez, guys! OK, a work day? :)

Occasionally they post "reports" about free agent signings. This one was confirmed to be wrong.

99.9% of the time, Patriots.com doesn't announce a signing until the player has signed his contract and it's officially a done deal. The fact that they took down that article doesn't change anything, it's just that they reported some bad information.

If it makes you feel better, espn.com had picked up the story that Roman Phifer had come to terms with the Raiders back in 2002. It ended up being false and he re-signed with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes