Patriots.com blogs the OTAs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog

From Paul...

Joey Galloway and Greg Lewis arrived in Foxborough during the offseason and were among the 76 players taking part in the voluntary workout. Judging strictly off first impressions, both figure to be part of Brady’s corps in 2009.

A few things jumped put at me while watching the two newcomers. First, Galloway is freakin fast. His birth certificate may say he’s 37, but he doesn’t look like he’s lost much in the way of his world-class speed. Asked after practice if he feels like he’s lost a step, Galloway simply responded, “I let you guys judge that.” If that’s the case, my verdict is in – No.

Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog

From Paul...

Joey Galloway and Greg Lewis arrived in Foxborough during the offseason and were among the 76 players taking part in the voluntary workout. Judging strictly off first impressions, both figure to be part of Brady’s corps in 2009.

A few things jumped put at me while watching the two newcomers. First, Galloway is freakin fast. His birth certificate may say he’s 37, but he doesn’t look like he’s lost much in the way of his world-class speed. Asked after practice if he feels like he’s lost a step, Galloway simply responded, “I let you guys judge that.” If that’s the case, my verdict is in – No.

When you were the NFL's fastest man at one time, you can lose a step and STILL be awfully fast. i was reserving judgement to see if Galloway had lost it, but Off of Paul's view, I now conclude the following.

The Patriots have one of the greatest assembleges of passing talent ever assembled, in the history of the League.

Moss & Galloway are Number #1 type recievers. Each can lay a claim to being the fastest man the NFL. Welker is the best slot reciever in the League. Watson has awesome speed and good blocking to be be a legitimate probowl TE, if he can just catch the ball, more consistently. The deep speed of the outside WRs, will open up the heretofore crowded underneath area, filled with Welker and Faulk routes ,and now some room for Watson too. Kevin Faulk has to be the best 3rd down back since David Megget starred for the Giants 15 years ago. Brady as a muti-time Superbowl MVP and having led the league in passing yardage, and TDs at various times, can deliver the ball to this array of talent.

Start dreaming up a "Name" to compete with "Air Coreyell" and "The Greatest Show on Turf"... :eek::yeeha::beatingcoming:

Start dreaming up a "Name" to compete with "Air Coreyell" and "The Greatest Show on Turf"... :eek::yeeha::beatingcoming:

How about "Don't Blink..."

When you were the NFL's fastest man at one time, you can lose a step and STILL be awfully fast. i was reserving judgement to see if Galloway had lost it, but Off of Paul's view, I now conclude the following.

The Patriots have one of the greatest assembleges of passing talent ever assembled, in the history of the League.

Moss & Galloway are Number #1 type recievers. Each can lay a claim to being the fastest man the NFL. Welker is the best slot reciever in the League. Watson has awesome speed and good blocking to be be a legitimate probowl TE, if he can just catch the ball, more consistently. The deep speed of the outside WRs, will open up the heretofore crowded underneath area, filled with Welker and Faulk routes ,and now some room for Watson too. Kevin Faulk has to be the best 3rd down back since David Megget starred for the Giants 15 years ago. Brady as a muti-time Superbowl MVP and having led the league in passing yardage, and TDs at various times, can deliver the ball to this array of talent.

Stats, shmatz. I'll settle for Super Bow XLIV Champs!!

Agreed, I 'd be far more satisfied with a SB win, than some lame nickname like 'the greatest show in snow'.........

I've mentioned this in other threads. I live about 75 miles below Tampa so consequently Bucs games are always on here locally and I get to see the ones that don't interfere with my Patriots games viewing. Needless to say I saw a lot of Galloway and when he signed with the Pats I was thrilled. I can tell you with no reservations he is still flat out FAST. He doesn't have the hands of a Moss or he subtle moves, but few people will be disappointed Joey Galloway. The man can fly downfield, Garcia couldn't get the ball to him most of time. I'm really looking forward to seeing him opposite Randy and Welker working the middle of the field. It's gonna be a hellava show! :cool:

You forgot to mention another veteran added to this offense that can run and catch- Fred Taylor:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes