PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots.com 7 round Pats draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not bad at all. I can't say I think Tye Hill will be as good as they do, but it's not bad. Jerious Norwood is the only other pick I don't care too much for, he's not much of an inside runner.

I would sign up for this draft in a minute, I would prefer an OLB or RB at #21 over a CB the rest I like. If White has been misrepresentated as a lazy player, he could be a steal.

I don't think we will use all the picks, we may trade away 1 or 2 and maybe get back higher picks for next year.

Mike Hass in the 6th round ? Nice I guess but it probably means he breaks his leg between now and the start of round 3.

I would love a draft like that...absolutely!! WRs.. Hass and Stovall??? Hill at CB..Hmmmmm And Wlkinson, Hoyte and Hawkins..at LB??? Oshinowo at NT??
Matua at OL?? Noreood and Daniels at RB and Bienemann at TE???
I think that is close to a dream draft...

I agree with them that Wilkinson is underrated. However he is very thin. I don't think he has enough bulk to play next year for the Pats. He is 6'3'' 235 lbs, thinner than Beisel and I can't see him holding up in the 3-4. He looks every bit as thin as his listed weight, especially in the lower body. He almost looks like a WR.

BelichickFan said:
Mike Hass in the 6th round ? Nice I guess but it probably means he breaks his leg between now and the start of round 3.

Belichickfan,

I agree that Hass probably won't be there but I have seen a lot of mocks where he's gone in round 5. I think they are saying he will slip in the draft because he doesn't have great computer numbers and could be available in that area. I haven't seen anyone say he will go in the third round but you never know.

patriotsrule said:
Belichickfan,

I agree that Hass probably won't be there but I have seen a lot of mocks where he's gone in round 5. I think they are saying he will slip in the draft because he doesn't have great computer numbers and could be available in that area. I haven't seen anyone say he will go in the third round but you never know.

I have also seen him going as late as fifth. I don't think Belichick, or any other team with WR issues will let him go that far. While he doesn't have the upside of Jackson or Holmes, Hass is the most likely WR in the draft to be able to contribute on opening day.

patriotsrule said:
Belichickfan,

i expect hass to go early day 2
either fourth or fifth round

Not a bad draft outside of the first two picks. Not high on Hill or Stovall.

patriotsrule said:
Belichickfan,

Yeah, and I hate to be one of those "he'll never be there" types because that's what everyone seems to say about every player right now. I just don't see Hass in the 6th round.

I'd Love this this draft...especially if you replace Hill with Marshall

Hill of Marshall would be great. Hill has 4.31 speed while Marshall has 4.44 speed. Hill is 5'9" and Marshall is 5'11". Both very similar and very good.

LB Carpenter is still high on my list!

I'd sign on to that draft in a NY minute. That would be great. Not sure how realistic it is, but it's not DOA crazy.

BelichickFan said:

That's great that they have my man Babatunde coming to the Patriots!!!!

I agree, Mike Hass in the 6th round is wishful thinking.

I have serious doubts that Stoval or Hass would be significant contributors this season - so we'd still need to address WR with a trade for this season

...but in terms of WR depth in the future I'd be stoked to have both Stoval and Hass on the team.

JoeSixPat said:
That's great that they have my man Babatunde coming to the Patriots!!!!

I agree, Mike Hass in the 6th round is wishful thinking.

I have serious doubts that Stoval or Hass would be significant contributors this season - so we'd still need to address WR with a trade for this season

...but in terms of WR depth in the future I'd be stoked to have both Stoval and Hass on the team.

Well, he did mention Stallworth as a possibility. I think that's why they may have reached with Hass in Round 6 (meaning he probably won't be there) because they feel they are going to make a move for a receiver by tomorrow.

I know no one knows who the Patriots will draft but I find it interesting that both Mike Reiss and Patriots.com went with Tye Hill. Hmm....

Complete B.S.

We have better and more credible mocks on this messageboard every day.

BelichickFan said:
Yeah, and I hate to be one of those "he'll never be there" types because that's what everyone seems to say about every player right now. I just don't see Hass in the 6th round.

You are right. Mocks be damned- ratings be damned.

When the rubber meets the road, which starts tomorrow, Mike Hass will no longer be available by the 20th pick of the fourth round.

But I do like the mock with the exception of Tye Hill. But if we do take him, I can live with it because I didn't like Hobbs last year before they took him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey