PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots coaching staff get what they deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riddikulus!

(lol, as if only kids read Harry Potter...then again, I doubt the OP reads much of anything.)
If you had THE HIVES your focus would be scratchy too Oh child trapped in a woman's body! ;)

Hijack: How goes the mommy business?

He walked right into that one. It was just a matter of time.
He looked so cute, pounding the floor and biting the carpet, with his little face all scrunched up and beet red, his runny nose, and his little feet kicking in counterpoint to his shrill screams. I just wanted to buy him a tight black wide receiver action figure right there.

Best coaching staff in football? Did they win the superbowl this year? No. Did they when last year? no. The HAD the best coaching staff when Weiss and Crennel were around, not anymore bro.

The final game that this great staff coached, the team lost Eugene Wilson for nearly the entire second half due to an arm that was broken while making a special teams tackle.

In 2004, the safety positon, while having more star power, had even worse depth than the WR position of 2006. In addition to that, this was against a team that would have annihilated the 2006 Indy team.

Unless you were front and center complaining about the loss of Wilson after SB 39, I don't see the point of this thread.

Last edited:
Hey, come on THE ARCHIVES played high school football, and looked very tight in his uni, and picked Maroney. And, I remember him saying that he could beat anyone in Madden.

He needs to be treated with some respect around here.:rocker:

Yeah Chad Jackson helped us get to the AFC Title game... Please, I was more concerned about him for 2007, but after much thought about this, Im not going to concern myself until July...

This is foolish.
The suggestion is that Jackson is a 'prized possession' because he was drafted in the 2nd round.
So since he isn't contributing on offense, he should be kept in a vaccuum, away from football, because any coaching staff with a brain would want to make protecting a guy who isn't helping you now but might be able to in the future from an injury its top priority.

Newsflash. If the Pats won that game, and part of the fallout was someone was inuured and would miss the SB, Jackson would have been one of the 15 players they would MOST want to sacrifice.

But hey special teams is only 25% of the game. We shouldn't let 25% of the AFCC game make us think about risking that a football player who might someday be a capable WR might get injured playing football, and doing what he is capable of to help the team win.

If second round draft picks were prized possesions, then I guess we should just Bronze Marquies Hill.. Oh wait he is just a staute anway...:p

So was Tom Brady on kickoff duties when he was a rookie? No, playing time is not evaluated based on how well you played on special teams first. The way to earn playing time is doing well in training camp or practice.

Why are you so antagonistic? It just serves no purpose, never mind anything consrtuctive. Brady was never fast enough to play on special teams,Jackson was.. In addition when was the time you ever saw a QB on specials teams? I never have in the NFL and I have been watching for 36 years.

Are you a troll?????????????????????????????????????/

Jackson is the second coming of Hart Lee Dykes anway. If you know who that was.

Last edited:
Best coaching staff in football? Did they win the superbowl this year? No. Did they when last year? no. The HAD the best coaching staff when Weiss and Crennel were around, not anymore bro.

* The Patriots played starters on ST's even when Wies and Crennel were here. And they were real starters, not bit players like Chad Jackson.

In addition when was the time you ever saw a QB on specials teams?
Frisco used their third string QB on coverage teams in 2005, but he was a Mankins style loose white rope'em, wrastle'em, and brand'em cowboy. I wonder where he is now...

Frisco used their third string QB on coverage teams in 2005, but he was a Mankins style loose white rope'em, wrastle'em, and brand'em cowboy. I wonder where he is now...

Thank you. That is what I like about these forums. Peoples willingness to help others learn, as I just did. :)

Last edited:
Thank you. That is what I like about these forums. Peoples willingness to help others learn, as I just did. :)
Yeh, but I'm a child-like Harry Potter reader! :rofl:

Wow. Reading everyone's responses left me thinking of how personal you guys can get when a poster says something negative about the Patriots. You guys really need to calm down and your wasting your time talking trash over the internet. It's sad you guys think the Pats are the best organization in the world when you really don't know **** about them. You don't know if they treat their players well or not, but Deion Branch says their organization sucks. Asante Samuel will also find that out too because they won't pay him. The Patriots are turning into those teams that develop players and then show them the door when their contracts expire.

Last edited:
Geeezzzz...This thread was finally starting to die the slow death, and you just go grabbing that paddle and start stirring the shyte again!!!

Wow. Reading everyone's responses left me thinking of how personal you guys can get when a poster says something negative about the Patriots. You guys really need to calm down and your wasting your time talking trash over the internet. It's sad you guys think the Pats are the best organization in the world when you really don't know **** about them. You don't know if they treat their players well or not, but Deion Branch says their organization sucks. Asante Samuel will also find that out too because they won't pay him. The Patriots are turning into those teams that develop players and then show them the door when their contracts expire.
Thank God! You are here to tell us all we "really don't know" about the New England Patriots! :rofl:

This is what happens when you play key prospects on special teams. Why is a WR on kickoff duties? I didn't know WR's can tackle. Why play Chad Jackson on special teams when he has had problems recovering from hamstring injuries throughout the season? So the Patriots coaching staff couldn't find anyone else to go out for kickoff duties? Stupid move on their part and this is the end result. Chad Jackson was a 2nd round pick which the Pats traded up for and is expected to be the #1 guy for Tom Brady. Not anymore! Thanks Bill Belicheck for playing him on special teams you jerk. I hated it when I saw Maroney on special teams and believe it is completely unneccesary to play future prospects on special teams. Now Chad Jackson is probably going to be out for season and if he does make a miracle comeback, he still won't play much. The Pats better sign WIDE RECIEVERS in the offseason that are actually legit, not chumps like Caldwell and Gaffney. They just won't get it done. I don't want them to waste another pick on a reciever early in the draft because they wouldn't play him anyways. Way to go again Patriots organization!

I have to first say that I basically disagree with everything you say abou CJ on kickoffs. If he isn't in the top 3 WR depth chart, he needs to earn his spot on special teams and the Pats have always done that......

Ok but I admit I always got nervous seeing Hobbs back there because our DBs always get injured as it is.......I think Troy being back on punts is great because he is a sure bet to fair catch or pick up a modest gain (i.e. not run backwards and lose yards like a rookie trying to reverse the field). Even if Hobbs is the best kickoff man, can you risk him to injury when our secondary is always hurt (04 law, poole, 05 harrison,gay, 06 wilson/harrison/gay).

Basically, before you bash me, I am defining my statement as follows: all players need to earn their keep and if that is on special teams, so be it. Even a top rated rookie does not get a pass. But, should an exception be made for the most valuable players and the thinnest positions (hobbs)? We can always send him out there in the 4th if we need a big return.

I have to first say that I basically disagree with everything you say abou CJ on kickoffs. If he isn't in the top 3 WR depth chart, he needs to earn his spot on special teams and the Pats have always done that......

Ok but I admit I always got nervous seeing Hobbs back there because our DBs always get injured as it is.......I think Troy being back on punts is great because he is a sure bet to fair catch or pick up a modest gain (i.e. not run backwards and lose yards like a rookie trying to reverse the field). Even if Hobbs is the best kickoff man, can you risk him to injury when our secondary is always hurt (04 law, poole, 05 harrison,gay, 06 wilson/harrison/gay).

Basically, before you bash me, I am defining my statement as follows: all players need to earn their keep and if that is on special teams, so be it. Even a top rated rookie does not get a pass. But, should an exception be made for the most valuable players and the thinnest positions (hobbs)? We can always send him out there in the 4th if we need a big return.

I think with BB its not a matter of deciding whether if you put a guy on the field he might get injured.
Its more a matter of each player can handle a certain number of plays in a game, so where is it best to have him.
For example, when Tebucky Jones was here, and a starter he played every 4th down. Because of that he would sit out some plays on 1st 2nd or 3rd down.
The starters who play special teams do not play ALL special teams. I think a safe guideline is 3 down players can handle one special teams unit. Backups can handle them all. Good special teamers who also contribute on defense cannot play all 3 downs on defense if they are on all special teams units.

When you look at the KR position Maroney was not on any other st units, and played about half the snaps on offense. (I find it funny to think that there is something wrong or dangerous with taking a guy who runs the ball for a living, and have him run it on kicks) Next year if he is carrying the bulk of the load at RB he won't be returning kicks. It won't have to do with injury risk but workload. (I think at RB because of the wear and tear its more a 2down+ position than a 3down+)
Hobbs doesnt play on any other special teams unit, at least not in games he is returning kicks.

My opinion, which I believe BB shares, is that you simply cannot be afraid to put a football player on the field in any situation because you are afraid of injury. They are football players, they are paid to play football.
To take the argument to an extreme, why not take your best WRs out on running plays so they dont get hurt blocking? Take your corners out on running downs so they don't get hurt playing the run?
Why not put Matt Cassell in for one of every 3 drives so the chance of a Brady injury is 33% lower.

I know those are silly examples, but the point is they are football players and the minute you start making decisions based on not asking a football player to play a football play because he could get hurt, you end up with a team playing scared. And you don't put your best team on the field.

The more I speak, the worst I sound? yeah ok. I know more about football than you think. I played in high school, so I know somewhat how things are run. You are probably one of those guys who projected the Pats to take a LB in the first round of last years draft? Bobby Carpenter right? Well, I projected the Pats would take Maroney and they did. Why don't you try soccer.

Sure you did. Do you want a AGOLD STAR or something?
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

What is sad is you being a self-proclaimed know it all who has show you don't know ANYTHING. I can guarantee you that at the very least BOR, Patriots-80, myself and several others in this thread know more about football than you have shown.

Yes, we DO know how they treat their players. We also know that Deion Branch is a friggin LIAR. So, please don't bother mentioning his name.

The Patriots aren't turning into a team that develops players and then shows them the door and its pure ignorance on your part ot say so. All I have to do is mention Matt Light, Dan Koppen, Richard Seymour and Tom Brady and your WHOLE ARGUMENT goes to garbage.

The Patriots DO pay their players. But they have the SAME RULES for all the players. The rule is that they will give you an extension, but you still play out the last year of your rookie contract because you are going to get your signing bonus (or a majority of it) during that last year.

Again, you should really make it a point to know what you are talking about before opening your mouth and proving how stupid you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back