PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots coaching staff get what they deserved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best coaching staff in football? Did they win the superbowl this year? No. Did they when last year? no. The HAD the best coaching staff when Weiss and Crennel were around, not anymore bro.

TheArchives -
This has got to be one of the most absurd threads you have ever posted. The Patriots Coaching Staff is still amongst the BEST in the league. As was pointed out to you, players have to earn their way onto the field. Jackson was doing what was asked of him. Just like Troy Brown did before him. Just like Tedy Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Rodney Harrison and a plethora of others have before.

You are way out to lunch on this one.

If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you're trying to replace ... ah, nevermind. :rolleyes:

Laurence Maroney was on kickoff return too! David Thomas was in the wedge! And Gostkowski, I don't think I ever saw him on anything BUT special teams!

Belichick is gambling with his players' lives. Someone call Mariucci.

:rofl: Where is that Harry Potter spell for banishing Boggarts when you need it?

Riddikulus!

(lol, as if only kids read Harry Potter...then again, I doubt the OP reads much of anything.)

sorry I don't read Harry Potter. I'm an adult.

Then act like an adult and not some imbecilic moron who doesn't know the 1st thing about Football.

OH, btw, just because someone read's Harry Potter doesn't mean that they are a child.

The more I speak, the worst I sound? yeah ok. I know more about football than you think. I played in high school, so I know somewhat how things are run. You are probably one of those guys who projected the Pats to take a LB in the first round of last years draft? Bobby Carpenter right? Well, I projected the Pats would take Maroney and they did. Why don't you try soccer.LEY ME GUESS YOUR POSITION RUNNING ON TO THE FIELD AND GETTING THE TEE AFTER THE KICKOFF? RIGHT

This is what happens when you play key prospects on special teams. Why is a WR on kickoff duties? I didn't know WR's can tackle. Why play Chad Jackson on special teams when he has had problems recovering from hamstring injuries throughout the season? So the Patriots coaching staff couldn't find anyone else to go out for kickoff duties? Stupid move on their part and this is the end result. Chad Jackson was a 2nd round pick which the Pats traded up for and is expected to be the #1 guy for Tom Brady. Not anymore! Thanks Bill Belicheck for playing him on special teams you jerk. I hated it when I saw Maroney on special teams and believe it is completely unneccesary to play future prospects on special teams. Now Chad Jackson is probably going to be out for season and if he does make a miracle comeback, he still won't play much. The Pats better sign WIDE RECIEVERS in the offseason that are actually legit, not chumps like Caldwell and Gaffney. They just won't get it done. I don't want them to waste another pick on a reciever early in the draft because they wouldn't play him anyways. Way to go again Patriots organization!

Damn you Belichick and the coaching staff! Jackson wasn't contributing as a WR and they got production out of him as a special teamer. Don't they know if a WR can't produce on offense, they can't play him on special teams?

Damn you Belichick for signing a unheralded WR like Caldwell for next to nothing and have him far exceed everyone's expectation. He should have done what Dallas did and over pay for TO only for him drop twice as mant balls as zeros on his contract figure. That is how you run a team.

Damn you Belichick. You only got the Pats to the AFC Championships. The rest of the league is laughing at us because eventhough most of them didn't make it as far as the Patriots, they don't have the crappy WR corp the Pats do. It ain't about wins and losses, it is about WRs.

Jackson is was a rookie and most rookies play special teams. It is a fact of life. There are only 53 roster spots and only 46 players dress. Someone has to play special teams.

So was Tom Brady on kickoff duties when he was a rookie? No, playing time is not evaluated based on how well you played on special teams first. The way to earn playing time is doing well in training camp or practice.

This is just absurd. WRs ARE evaluated based on their special teams play IF/WHEN they have experience there. Here's some news for you. Jackson played special teams in Florida.

Comparing the QB position to the WR position on how they earn their stripes is just stupid on your part.

No. I'm a disgusted Patriots fan. I was excited the day the team drafting Chad Jackson and now he is in jepordy of missing his 2nd season.

No, your an ignorant person who doesn't have a clue.

The more I speak, the worst I sound? yeah ok. I know more about football than you think. I played in high school, so I know somewhat how things are run. You are probably one of those guys who projected the Pats to take a LB in the first round of last years draft? Bobby Carpenter right? Well, I projected the Pats would take Maroney and they did. Why don't you try soccer.

You know how things are because you played high school football?

My high school's starting QB was also the long snapper. Our kickoff team had 6 defensive starters on it. We played to win, not to protect our precious good players.

The Rams don't use any starters on special teams? Nice, that's how it should be!

Name one game where Jackson was a starter this year. Besides, virtually every team uses at least some starters on special teams. There are only so many players activated for a game and not every back up can play special teams (do you want Matt Cassel playing kick and punt coverage?). Starters have to play at times.

Name one game where Jackson was a starter this year. Besides, virtually every team uses at least some starters on special teams. There are only so many players activated for a game and not every back up can play special teams (do you want Matt Cassel playing kick and punt coverage?). Starters have to play at times.

he got a start against the 'fins, but I don't believe he got a catch.

'Chives is just mad because he is "third string and playing on special teams." :rofl:

The funny part is Chad Jackson didn't get hurt on special teams.

Everyone knows he tripped over the headset wire while carrying the gatorade cooler.

That was about all he was good for this year.

This injury could be the best thing to happen to Jackson. Hopefully it makes him re-think things, work hard and focus on becoming a good NFL WR.....instead of thinking he is the greatest, but the coaches don't like him...

This is what happens when you play key prospects on special teams. Why is a WR on kickoff duties? I didn't know WR's can tackle. Why play Chad Jackson on special teams when he has had problems recovering from hamstring injuries throughout the season? So the Patriots coaching staff couldn't find anyone else to go out for kickoff duties? Stupid move on their part and this is the end result. Chad Jackson was a 2nd round pick which the Pats traded up for and is expected to be the #1 guy for Tom Brady. Not anymore! Thanks Bill Belicheck for playing him on special teams you jerk. I hated it when I saw Maroney on special teams and believe it is completely unneccesary to play future prospects on special teams. Now Chad Jackson is probably going to be out for season and if he does make a miracle comeback, he still won't play much. The Pats better sign WIDE RECIEVERS in the offseason that are actually legit, not chumps like Caldwell and Gaffney. They just won't get it done. I don't want them to waste another pick on a reciever early in the draft because they wouldn't play him anyways. Way to go again Patriots organization!
I THINK ITS BEDDY TIME FOR YOU GOOD NIGHT AND SWEET DREAMS

OH, btw, just because someone read's Harry Potter doesn't mean that they are a child.

Right on. A lot of immature adults love Harry Potter too.

Joking. Couldn't resist.

Way to go again Patriots organization!

Face it. Your just pissed by cause your signature has become even more irrelevant. Time to find a new tight rookie to worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back