PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots claimed injured Josh Barrett off waivers - Clayton cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots sign Josh Barrett off waivers - Who gets cut???

Jump on BJGE's bandwagon. From the amount of reps he was taking, I suspect he will be seeing plenty of action in the first preseason game.

I think that this indicates the coaaches feel they need information to make a critical decision about BJGE.

If there was really a story here, half of the Boston media would give up their first born to get the skinny on it. Ninety percent of ESPN reports would too.

Ha. That would require work.

Here is a twisted thought; maybe Denver overstated Barrett's injuries so that no one else would claim him. The Patriots might have know this through O'Brien. Maybe he will be PUP'ed instead.. Far-fetched but not impossible.

Here is an interesting tidbit from PP (Random Football News - Page 39 - Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

7. Part of the reason the Broncos put Barrett on waivers with the intention of placing him on season-ending injured reserve – instead of waiting until Aug. 31 when they wouldn’t have risked having another team claim him -- was that they’ve had a run of injuries early in camp that has left them short-handed. While the Patriots were within the rules to claim Barrett, some in the NFL believe there is a protocol that makes such a move off limits, similar to raiding another team’s practice squad.​

So there is some subterfuge after all. Like I said don't f**k with Bill; Denver did something to tick him off. Either they snatched a guy Bill was trying to slide to the Practice Squad or snatched a player such as Lonnie Paxton or some such move.

Ha. That would require work.

Here is a twisted thought; maybe Denver overstated Barrett's injuries so that no one else would claim him. The Patriots might have know this through O'Brien. Maybe he will be PUP'ed instead.. Far-fetched but not impossible.

Here is an interesting tidbit from PP (Random Football News - Page 39 - Patriots Planet - New England Patriots Forums and Message Boards

7. Part of the reason the Broncos put Barrett on waivers with the intention of placing him on season-ending injured reserve – instead of waiting until Aug. 31 when they wouldn’t have risked having another team claim him -- was that they’ve had a run of injuries early in camp that has left them short-handed. While the Patriots were within the rules to claim Barrett, some in the NFL believe there is a protocol that makes such a move off limits, similar to raiding another team’s practice squad.​

So there is some subterfuge after all. Like I said don't f**k with Bill; Denver did something to tick him off. Either they snatched a guy Bill was trying to slide to the Practice Squad or snatched a player such as Lonnie Paxton or some such move.

That's actually from Reiss, the full context is here:

Quick-hit thoughts around NFL & Pats - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

And he makes an interesting suggestion that Barrett could be the eventual replacement for McGowan whose contract expires after this season. Barrett is a bigger and stronger safety.

Re: Patriots sign Josh Barrett off waivers - Who gets cut???

I think that this indicates the coaaches feel they need information to make a critical decision about BJGE.

i agree the guys that play the most in preseason are the ones that are on the bubble that need to show something to make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots