PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots claim safety Don Jones on waivers, cut OL Chris Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriot Way was never a real thing. Case in point: Corey Dillon

I definitely believe that there is such a thing as the Patriot Way, but I don't believe that it represents what most think that it does.

Obviously there are many things that Belichick expects, goes out of his way to instill, and I do believe that certain things such as community leadership and public service work are important to Kraft. We definitely operate differently than the average team, and have a core group of values/traits that are desired.

Three interior offensive lineman have been purged from the New England Patriots payroll:

Chris Barker
Braxston Cave
Jon Halapio

Is there a point?

We have 5 interior linemen on the 53, not counting Cannon or Vollmer who some have discussed as potential guards.

Perhaps we'll see Barker on the Practice Squad.

Three interior offensive lineman have been purged from the New England Patriots payroll:

Chris Barker
Braxston Cave
Jon Halapio

Evil genius BB is scheming to field an all Jones defense.
Imagine the opposing QB's confusion when he sees 11 identical guys!
Who's rushing? Who's covering?
It's Brilliant!!!

dislike1.jpg

Rutgers dislikes this post.

Chris Barker
Braxston Cave
Jon Halapio

When you cut 37 guys to go from 90 to 53, chances are most position groups will see 3 guys get cut.

I don't think so, at least not yet.
Barker should easily replace Chris Martin, in whom what Bill sees, I have no idea.

I definitely believe that there is such a thing as the Patriot Way, but I don't believe that it represents what most think that it does.

Obviously there are many things that Belichick expects, goes out of his way to instill, and I do believe that certain things such as community leadership and public service work are important to Kraft. We definitely operate differently than the average team, and have a core group of values/traits that are desired.

Wouldn't worry about this in regard to Don Jones. He will be waived by next Monday.

another ex-Dolphin is in he fold, speedy 5'9" return man / RB / WR Marcus Thigpen to the practice squad.

Like Jones, very speedy

Patriots Practice Report: New England Adds Three To Practice Squad | NESN.com

FOXBORO, Mass. — The New England Patriots had three new faces on the practice field Wednesday.
The Patriots signed guard Chris Barker, who cleared waivers Tuesday, running back Marcus Thigpen and tight end Allen Reisner to the practice squad, according to sources.

It appears, based on practice-squad attendance, that cornerback Daxton Swanson, quarterback McLeod Bethel-Thompson and safety Kanorris Davis were released from the Patriots’ practice squad.

The Patriot Way was never a real thing. Case in point: Corey Dillon

The Patriot Way is and was: do what is best for the team, don't be a diva, don't let your actions be a distraction.

The Patriot Way was never about being a nice guy.

Case in point: Corey Dillon.

Belichick threatened his elite move TE with being released (though I do hope he would have traded him) after Hernandez had a domestic violence INCIDENT in which the police didn't even make an arrest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back