PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots claim (update: Cut) RB Trey Williams - (Flowers to IR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man!!!! I was looking forward to seeing Flowers play at some point. Maybe next year... At least they traded a Trey for a Trey, our quota of Trey's remains unchanged.

This kid can be special. He is similar to Lewis only faster straight line speed. I wanted them to draft him this past year.

Sucks to lose Flowers to IR after never getting to see him in play after such a promising pre-season.

Really psyched about getting Trey Williams!

OK, full disclosure, I've never heard of this guy, and hope I'll be psyched after researching him.

Well there were some people complaining about only having 3 RBs, this guy is probably going to be the change of pace alternative to Blount, as White and Bolden are best suited going out for passes.

CVLN1M-VAAAxVlq.jpg:large

We are going to have some shrimps on this team.

I guess we will have to wait 'til next year to see the future HOF pass-rushing combo of Rufus and Flowers.

Truth is, as long as Jones, Nink, and Sheard are healthy we really don't need them this year.

Apparently his head coach in high school was Amendola's dad. Small world.

Flowers destroyed the Packers and Giants starting LTs in the preseason. He would have got playing time on nearly every other team. We are just 3 deep with good veteran DEs.

Hopefully he can make an impact next year because he's a beast.

Sucks to lose Flowers to IR after never getting to see him in play after such a promising pre-season.

Really psyched about getting Trey Williams!

OK, full disclosure, I've never heard of this guy, and hope I'll be psyched after researching him.
I know this guy. Don't be fooled by his height. He is jacked!!!!! I trained with them as a winner of the 12th Man competition. He has been misused so far. Scouting report got it wrong. He is basically Lewis really.
Oh and guys, if he gets a rapport with Brady, he can be close to what Lewis was!
I don't know why he was not drafted, but he is faster with pads on. He can do the joystick moves too. He was Manziel's outlet whenever Evans was tripled covered.
Whoever scouted this guy and kept up has done a good job. Never been this happy picking a FA at this point in the season. He can catch.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: TBR
Although Edelman and Dion Lewis [and Welker, and Amendola now?] are special, you've got to realize, there are a million undersized slot receivers oir 3rd down backs that might be not that great a dropoff.

On the other hand, if you don't stock the pond with big DT [the Pats have] you could be really screwed and your D leak like a sieve with no relief.

It's just supply and demand. Sometimes you need to carry a lethargic Alan Branch hoping he'll catch fire [yay Alan Branch!!!] Cause their just aren't that many people that size with athletic ability.

We're actually lucky our offense runs best on small quick guys, because they can be found and maybe learn the system while our stars heal.

Last edited:
I know this guy. Don't be fooled by his height. He is jacked!!!!! I trained with them as a winner of the 12th Man competition. He has been misused so far. Scouting report got it wrong. He is basically Lewis really.
Oh and guys, if he gets a rapport with Brady, he can be close to what Lewis was!
I don't know why he was not drafted, but he is faster with pads on. He can do the joystick moves too. He was Manziel's outlet whenever Evans was tripled covered.
Whoever scouted this guy and kept up has done a good job. Never been this happy picking a FA at this point in the season. He can catch.

Didn't see him catch much, that's good news. Looked real confident on returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back