PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Broadcaster Gil Santos Spent Five Weeks in Coma This Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow.... had the last rites three times!

I hope he is well and can have a long life with his family. I'd miss his calls, but football is secondary in this case.

It was at least that long for me after the SB loss.

Saw Gil about six weeks ago at one of his grandchildren's (?) softball games.

He was using a cane with a slight limp, but other than that, you would have never known he had been ill just by looking at him.

Being a Pat's fan that resides in NY, hearing Gil and Gino was always a thrill for me. Hearing their calls on all of the Super Bowl DVD's (Three Games to Glory, etc) was always special for me. I know they've gotten older and were slipping a little bit (from what I read here), but hearing them will always mean Patriot's football to me. I'm hoping Gil recovers and has a long life, and wishing Gino well in his post broadcast life as well.

Wow that was a close call. Hope he recovers fast! I think he should retire right now, but if he's going to stay another season, let's hope the Pats give him plenty of memorable moments to call.

I was in a coma for a few days......don't remember any of it. The part that sucked was the tube removal after I came to.

That's nothing. Gino spent 20 weeks in a coma during last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back