Welcome to PatsFans.com

Patriots - Bills Key Matchups, No Ifs or Buts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Patriots - Bills Key Matchups, No Ifs or Buts
    By: Steve Balestrieri

In the first game back in September, Wes Welker had a field day catching 16 passes for 217 yards; likewise Rob Gronkowski torched the Bills for 7 catches for 109 yards...

2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +387 / 0 / -2

Nice preview of this week's game. I'll be interested in seeing how often (and how well) the Pats run the ball, and how the Pats run D does against CJ Spiller. Belichick likes to employ a game plan that focuses on limiting the opponent's top weapon; is that Spiller, Stevie Johnson, or someone else?
  3. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Against Buff there is nothing I'd like to see more, save a win, than our run game being a force. Riddley for 150 yards would be a great way to start the new year. It will limit TFB's exposure as well as give our playoff opponents one more piece of game film to have to watch.

A distant but still important second would be a solid performance by the defense. I don't expect it but it would be a nice surprise....not to mention it would inject an iota of defensive comfort over the 2 week playoff game waiting period.
  4. supafly

supafly PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +768 / 7 / -7

#24 Jersey

The priority list for today's game in my opinion:

1. Keep everyone healthy...this is much more important than securing the #1 seed in my eyes

2. Gain a victory which leads to the top seed throughout the playoffs

3. Pull the starters as quickly as the game allows us to. See reason #1

4. See some improvement in the pass protection and run defense, as these are 2 very key factors for success in the upcoming weeks

5. Improvement in the secondary
  5. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 1 / -0

to add to Supafly.

i'd liek to see Spikes/Chung get some solid reps as well. Not sure how much they can help in the playoffs if that's their first action in 9-10 weeks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.