PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Belichick Reminded Everyone Recently There Will Be a 'Next Coach'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clone Bill Belichick and put him in a controlled environment that was 90% like the one the real BB lived. The clone would lead us to 3 more championships and a decade plus of dominance:rocker:

this is the only answer:eek:

While we're at it, perhaps we can invent carbonite to keep Matt Cassel in suspended animation. . . . :p

So BB is planning on trading Mayo?

Oh goody, midstream thread title change from bad to worse will surely launch the next wave of who will/should/would you pick to succeed Belichick threads...:violent:

I wanna see BB go out on top with a superbowl and not another playoff loss.:rolleyes:

Oh goody, midstream thread title change from bad to worse will surely launch the next wave of who will/should/would you pick to succeed Belichick threads...:violent:

I had a few people e-mail about the title being "misleading", so I tried to come up with something closer to the context of the article.

Last edited:
This can only mean that Mayo is getting traded.

ayayayyyyyy, I thought something really happened today :ugh:

Re: Patriots Belichick Hinted Recently He Won't Coach Forever

I'll enjoy him while we have him.

At a certain point BB will slow down to the point that he decides between being GM and coach, and I think he'd pick GM when it had gotten that far.

I'd guess strongly that his plan for making that transition is "When it becomes necessary and not before." Ditto for full retirement.

Anything that looks like a tea leaf pointing at how long he plans to stay is his GUESS, which is only a little bit better than our guess, because it is mainly a projection of how his health holds up.

Brady suggesting he wants to play until age 42 or whatever is similar. Our opinion as to whether Brady will retire by 38 or 40 or 42 or 44 is almost as reliable as the opinion Brady himself has, because it's mainly a projection of how his abilities will hold up.

Out of 32 Head Coaches in the NFL, Bill Belichick is the ONLY ONE not to be a member of the NFL Coaches Association. It is for this reason why he is the only Head Coach not named in Madden - - merely as "NE Coach".

I just read that on Wikipedia.com - never knew that before.

I don't think anything's been twisted into anything here by anybody.

I think Belichick (perhaps absent-mindedly, perhaps intentionally) revealed that it is his perspective at this stage of his life, when he looks at a talented young player who is just starting what should be a long NFL career that, if that player's career is not shortened by injury, he does not expect to be coaching throughout the player's entire career.

He turns 60 next April. He's been coaching one way or another in the NFL since 1975, most of that time as an HC or Coordinator. That's 35+ years of six or seven months of 18--20 hour days.

Re: Patriots Belichick Hinted Recently He Won't Coach Forever

Please tell me the phrase "next coach" is being taken out of context or he's somehow reffering to another team or an assisstant or whatever.

I don't even want to think about BB retiring. He can't. He's made so many long term moves. Possibly the biggest of all being for a potential franchise QB in Mallett.

He's thinking long term. Not retirement.

I think that this means that Mayo is being traded in the next couple of weeks for a big-time edge rushing OLB/DE type. The "next coach" is whoever the coach of the team is that consummates the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back