PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Beat Bangels This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

skri65

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
If Doug and CJ get a full weeks worth of practice with Brady and as long as Wilson and the rest of the secondary is healthy. Not to mention Brady, he better as hell be healthy.

This team played worse then they actually are. I know it's a longshot, but BB is a better coach than he's showed us and Brady is obviously a better QB than what he's showed us.

The Patriots are better than what they showed us against Denver. 12 is going to show up eventually. I have a feeling that our team is going to surprise many of us this weekend.

Call me crazy, but I have some faith that this team will show us it's true colors this weekend. They have the capability, just need to show it.

Last edited:
skri65 said:
If Doug and CJ get a full weeks worth of practice with Brady and as long as Wilson and the rest of the secondary is healthy. Not to mention Brady, he better as hell be healthy.

This team played worse then they actually are. I know it's a longshot, but BB is a better coach than he's showed us and Brady is obviously a better QB than what he's showed us.

The Patriots are better than what they showed us against Denver. 12 is going to show up eventually. I have a feeling that our team is going to surprise many of us this weekend.

Call me crazy, but I have some faith that this team will show us it's true colors this weekend.
I don't think so, we have played 3 games and there has been no sign of the Pats team we are used to seeing, I hope we can turn it around in 1 week.

They are definitely capable, but they have some sh!t to get in order first.

agree - not sure it's this week, but they will turn it around.

zippo59 said:
They are definitely capable, but they have some sh!t to get in order first.

Agreed. The first big "if" is whether we can get Jackson on the field practicing for an entire week without aggrivating his leg.

This offense needs Gabriel and Jackson to emerge if it has any hope of turning the corner.

PYPER said:
Agreed. The first big "if" is whether we can get Jackson on the field practicing for an entire week without aggrivating his leg.

This offense needs Gabriel and Jackson to emerge if it has any hope of turning the corner.

Agreed. I apologize if I sound overly optimistic. If Gabriel and CJ get real playing time this week, I forsee a different Patriots team out there. Get some fire into Brady and this team is back to superbowl form.

The Patriots just need to play well. Better run blocking. Better tackling. And some plays from Gabriel and Jackson. The rest will take care of itself.

2 lackluster wins, one loss where we got owned=Patriots win on Sunday and I'm not being sarcastic. We'll be 4-1 going into the bye. And to boot, we'll also be regarded as the worst 4-1 team ever in the NFL. I don't care if Brady has another crap game, the defense is taking over.

Last edited:
Actually the bengals had 14 players unavailable last week as out or PUP,IR or suspended. Talented team but still banged up.
Perhaps they just exposed how much the steelers dropped from last year (when they were a wildcard(steelers)).
WE will play our best to fight for the homefield advantage.
Corey will want to play a good game.
We just may play better or get lucky.

Bengals have been allowing a LOT of sacks...
Their center is out.
Expect our D line to get in some horrific hits....
Game plan this week has to be to just punish Palmer.
I expect to see a 4-3, no room to run for Rudi Johnson on his Bday and LOTS of sacks on C Palmer.

So, what to do with Hobbs, Samuel, Harrison and Wilson (and whomever else) against the best receiving corps in the NFL? - Who happen to all be 6'2" and above? Hmmm.......

The offense better get it's stuff together to keep up with what the secondary will be giving up - unless the d-line gets consistent pressure on Palmer (and they haven't been consistent yet) - I 'dunno - I do NOT see a victory this weekend at all.

Garbanza said:
So, what to do with Hobbs, Samuel, Harrison and Wilson (and whomever else) against the best receiving corps in the NFL? - Who happen to all be 6'2" and above? Hmmm.......

The offense better get it's stuff together to keep up with what the secondary will be giving up - unless the d-line gets consistent pressure on Palmer (and they haven't been consistent yet) - I 'dunno - I do NOT see a victory this weekend at all.
Have faith, Chick Pea. The Bills beat Miami at Miami. So the Bills were tough, right? Then they fell to the Jets in Buffalo. The champs got shut out by the Jags and came back to romp on the Bengals and had the Bengals by the throat -- until the Bengals beat them at Heinz field. So now the Bengals are the toughest, right?

Are the Pats SO awful they can't surprise the Bengals on any given Sunday? Do we think so little of Wilfork, Seymour, Warren, Colvin, Vrabel and Bruschi that they can't pressure Palmer?

Is the Bengals D so strong (they're not!) that Dillon and Maroney and that OLine can't punch out a few runs and set up play action. Brady won't have to pull out the screen play every series just to hold off the rush, either.

I know you're a solid fan, Garbanza, so keep the faith. When the pundits have thoroughly smacked down the Patriots, as they are doing now, that's when I'm most confident.

I see a win this weekend. Not because it makes sense, but because no one sees it coming.

Last edited:
Garbanza said:

Did you watch the Steelers Bengals game? Rothlisburger was horrible and they muffed a punt, the steelers gift wrapped that game. The Bengals couldn't stop the run and they sure as hell couldn't protect Palmer. Not to mention Henry could end up being suspended prior to Sunday's game. They are a talented team that has some serious maturity issues and they have flaws. If the Pats can get their passing game going, which they should against their mediocre secondary they shouldn't have to much of a problem.

Garbanza said:

The size of the WR is not improtant. And talent alone is not enough to make me worry.

I am more worried about the fact that Cincy is good at creating plays even after the original call has broken down. That is the biggest weakness.

BTW, have you ever posted a single positive thing about this team on this board? Why do you follow NE if all they do is create anxiety?

mgcolby said:
Did you watch the Steelers Bengals game? Rothlisburger was horrible and they muffed a punt, the steelers gift wrapped that game. The Bengals couldn't stop the run and they sure as hell couldn't protect Palmer. Not to mention Henry could end up being suspended prior to Sunday's game. They are a talented team that has some serious maturity issues and they have flaws. If the Pats can get their passing game going, which they should against their mediocre secondary they shouldn't have to much of a problem.

It is the running game that NE will dominate Cincy's defense with. Plus, I predict a big day for the TEs.

Cincy's secondary is actually better than people think, but they don't defend the run or TEs very well at all.

jct said:
Bengals have been allowing a LOT of sacks...
Their center is out.
Expect our D line to get in some horrific hits....
Game plan this week has to be to just punish Palmer.
I expect to see a 4-3, no room to run for Rudi Johnson on his Bday and LOTS of sacks on C Palmer.

I think you're right. I predict that the D Line will have a huge game. Carson Palmer will end up looking like Carson Kressley by game's end. :D

Oswlek said:
It is the running game that NE will dominate Cincy's defense with. Plus, I predict a big day for the TEs.

Cincy's secondary is actually better than people think, but they don't defend the run or TEs very well at all.

I guess I should have included the run game as part of why I believe the Passing game will come together this week. I agree the running game will be big if Dillon is alright. Our DLine should get to Palmer this week as well, I think Pit had 6 sacks or something like that. The only thing that scares me about blitzing Palmer is the way our Secondary gets momentary lapses of tackle amnesia.

I think it will be a good game. Your team seems down but I would never expect to beat them easily.

I see a 4 quarter game decided in the last 10 minutes. Expect the Bengals to jump on the scoreboard fast and then try to finish it by grinding out the clock on the ground.

Our biggest issue is that our starting center is out. The back up guy is talented but inexperienced at calling the blocking schemes. The Steelers threw everything at him and the Patriots will probably follow a similar formula.

I am not as worried about our run defense. Everyone outside of Jacksonville struggles to stop Pittsburgh's running attack. They have run roughshod over some very good defenses over the years.

I am worried about facing Tom Brady. The guy just flatout gets it done. I was hoping your team would win on Sunday because facing him after a bad game is never fun.

I could see the Pats winning this game, especially if they run the ball. Pittsburgh ran then ball well against Cincy and I think NE has a better running game then Pittsburgh. I also think Cincy thinks they are better then they really are. I think Cincy is a good team, I just don't think they're are good as some think. If however the Pats throw the ball 55 times against Cincy they will lose....badly. I say run the ball to set up the pass. Gameplan: pass when they expect you to run and run when they expect you to pass. IMO if the Pats do this, they will end the day 3-1.

Last edited:
Cicero said:
I think it will be a good game. Your team seems down but I would never expect to beat them easily.

I see a 4 quarter game decided in the last 10 minutes. Expect the Bengals to jump on the scoreboard fast and then try to finish it by grinding out the clock on the ground.

Our biggest issue is that our starting center is out. The back up guy is talented but inexperienced at calling the blocking schemes. The Steelers threw everything at him and the Patriots will probably follow a similar formula.

I am not as worried about our run defense. Everyone outside of Jacksonville struggles to stop Pittsburgh's running attack. They have run roughshod over some very good defenses over the years.

I am worried about facing Tom Brady. The guy just flatout gets it done. I was hoping your team would win on Sunday because facing him after a bad game is never fun.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye