PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots backup QB displays new polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong. The Pats scheme is the same. They've just expanded the playbook and added plays. BB has NOT implemented 4 different schemes in 13 years.

wrong....there were changes in the scheme when the pats got corey dillon.

then there were scheme changes when weis left and mcdaniel took over.

then there were scheme changes with the addition of moss and welker

and the scheme is different yet again with the plays they run for gronk and hernandez.

yes....you can call them all part of a scheme, but the scheme is drastically different now from when brady first started.

But I seem to recall that he won a couple of Black Shirts for doing a yeomen's job on the Scout team, last season. I am sure the Coaches noted that.

Seeing as the coaches award the black jerseys, you kinda hope so. ;)

you are the one claiming to know he has "skeletons in his closet" but so far you have failed to list any

I was merely referencing the fact that he is by no means the personal model for which someone should base their life principles on. There's nothing personally wrong with him, but then again, there's nothing personally wrong with ryan mallett

I was merely referencing the fact that he is by no means the personal model for which someone should base their life principles on. There's nothing personally wrong with him, but then again, there's nothing personally wrong with ryan mallett

and I was merely referencing the fact that you have no evidence for this assertion.

What we know about Brady is that he is hard working, a good teammate, unless it's just for photo ops spends time with his kids, overcomes adversity, is secure with in himself, shows good sportsmanship etc.

I'm not sure where the 'not a good role model' claim fits in.

and I was merely referencing the fact that you have no evidence for this assertion.

What we know about Brady is that he is hard working, a good teammate, unless it's just for photo ops spends time with his kids, overcomes adversity, is secure with in himself, shows good sportsmanship etc.

I'm not sure where the 'not a good role model' claim fits in.

having kids out of wedlock is not something you put on the list for a good role model........simple as that

does it make him a bad guy? nope. just like ryan mallett is not a bad guy because he got drunk one night and smoked some dope. I wonder where brady would have wound up if he had a coach implement the option in the middle of his college career.

If I am looking at a person to hire to play football on Sundays, I don't have as much concern about every aspect of his personal life being something I want my kids to emulate as some would, apparently.

I am seeking a football player, not the leader of a Cub scout pack.

Matter of fact, said football player can sacrifice goats, be a conspiracy theorist, have a crush on Nancy Grace, or some other idiocy, as long as it don't affect gameday preparation.

he just better not be the guy who is going to replace tom brady......

so you KNOW he is a great dad or is this just an assumption you are making?

My statement was made in general terms.

I do not have hands-on proof that Brady is a good father or not but based on what I see and read, he financially supports the child he had with Moinyhan, loves him and spends time with him as much as possible.

In my book, that is far from having a personal skeleton.

wrong....there were changes in the scheme when the pats got corey dillon.

then there were scheme changes when weis left and mcdaniel took over.

then there were scheme changes with the addition of moss and welker

and the scheme is different yet again with the plays they run for gronk and hernandez.

yes....you can call them all part of a scheme, but the scheme is drastically different now from when brady first started.

Ok. I see what you are saying. Our terminology is mixed up.

Brady has been in the same offensive system for 13 years.

Within that system, the team has a multitude of schemes- just like the defensive system which also has a multitude of schemes.

having kids out of wedlock is not something you put on the list for a good role model........simple as that

does it make him a bad guy? nope. just like ryan mallett is not a bad guy because he got drunk one night and smoked some dope. I wonder where brady would have wound up if he had a coach implement the option in the middle of his college career.

Having a kid out of wedlock is irrelevant to whether someone is a role model or not. On its own it provides zero evidence that he is a bad father or that his son will have a worse life because of it.

My statement was made in general terms.

I do not have hands-on proof that Brady is a good father or not but based on what I see and read, he financially supports the child he had with Moinyhan, loves him and spends time with him as much as possible.

In my book, that is far from having a personal skeleton.

remember that the point was made with peoples notion that mallett is some kind of undesirable in mind.

I have no qualms about brady as a person, and I have no qualms with mallett as a person........in fact there are more similarities than differences with the biggest similarity is that both persevered through less than ideal situations through their collegiate careers.

people have judged mallett and they are wrong to do so is my real bottom line

LOL......tell me that again once he actually starts a game

So you are saying that you are a better talent evaluator than Belicheck....
Is that the intent of your statement or are you speaking out of your ass...

So you are saying that you are a better talent evaluator than Belicheck....
Is that the intent of your statement or are you speaking out of your ass...

LOL.....where did I say that? moron

he strikes me as a taller version of Brady

If I were to compare his athletic abilities with any NFL players, I think the most apt comparison is with Peyton Manning. He is taller than Brady, and essentially as big as Peyton with the same rocket arm. Like Peyton he isn't a runner.

I could also compare him to Dan Marino for his release, but I don't think Danny was a rocket scientist. I think that Mallett is smarter. But Marino was smarter then Bradshaw, and both still did very well in the League. In any case knowing wheer and when to throw the ball is more important, then how hard you throw it.

Another guy hwo had a rocket arm was Jeff George. But he had an absolutely off-putting personality, that made him incapble of leading a group of guys, anywhere. Leadership is a trait the military seeks of its Officers.

Ultimately that is the condition that makes or breaks NFL QBs.

besides being pocket passers there actually not that similar

really? the speed he puts on short to midrange passes reminds me way more of brady, he tends to zip the ball in decisively rather than put a lot of the finesse on it that Manning does. His release also looks way more like Brady to me.

Admittedly I'm no scout :cool:

sure......that is surely something I would tell my kids to avoid. it's not like he should get any points for that.

he is charismatic......I will give you that

I'd rather be caught smoking dope in college

You have to be kidding

That is beyond ignorant given the circumstances

Or, my God, what if they recruited a guy who wasn't as good and gave his job to him. I'm sure Brady would have hit the pipe.:rolleyes:

You are fighting a stupid and losing battle trying to tout Mallett by tearing down Brady

Brady actually considered transferring to Cal

Oh no, Brady had a child out of wedlock... to a rich actress who even put herself and their baby on a People cover. I'm sure he financially supports the kid, as if that were an issue at all. #firstworldproblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes