PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are the Youngest Team to Win Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are a very, very young team.

And that is the awesome thing about this team. A lot of our guys are young/just entering their prime. We are poised to go after it another two years. As long as Brady can stay healthy and at a high level, we've always got a chance to win it all!

Our main job this offseason - resign Revis and Mccourty!!

Have contended for a while now that this team is being rebuilt on the fly, without skipping a beat.. pretty remarkable in this day and age..

What does BB say, "it is better to move on from a veteran a year early, rather than a year late"..

They might be young, but they are smart, tough and never give up. I love this team.

The only old guys are our QB and NT and both still playing at a high level.

Pretty awesome. If we can reinforce the defensive line and generate more pressure on the QB, we're going to be tough to stop for a while.

Nail the draft this year (DL and OL), keep Revis and McCourty and restart the dynasty!

That's just....wow....really amazing...and I guarantee that this won't even be mentioned on ESPN or NFL Network

This is what is so phenomenal about BB. He was able to rebuild the team on the fly. 2009 was essentially the start of a new run. 1 and done first 2 seasons. Contending for the championship there after. That's amazing!

I think I remember hearing that the 1992 Cowboys were the youngest by average team to win the SB. Their average was like 24 YO.

Just draft some OL protection and pick a few speedy WRs in later rounds to see if you get lucky.

What should we do with the extra pick we get from the Jets for tampering?

BB the GM gets grief on here. I have always thought that was unfair.

The D has so many top level picks. The guys they got via free agency and trades. BB's team building is more than impressive. Easley hasn't even scratched the surface....

Only Brady, Ninkovich, Wilfolk, Gostkowski and Connelly are over 30. Browner, Vollmer and Branch are 30. Everyone else is under 30.

I wonder if this will be like the last Denver team that repeated. They beat the team that was supposed to repeat and sent them away for a number of years (never to return with Favre).

I could see the Pats returning the the SB next year and creating a new dynasty!

Unfortunately, like most members of the media, I'm far to lazy to check the facts.

Therefore, I'll just pass along someone else's assertion as fact.

I wonder if this will be like the last Denver team that repeated. They beat the team that was supposed to repeat and sent them away for a number of years (never to return with Favre).

We need to come up with some different law of physics around which the butt ignorant media can manufacture a crisis and motivate the team to repeat.

I wonder if this whole Ideal Gas Law wasn't a deep sting initiated by Ernie Adams playing the media.

I'd love to see a repeat of this matchup next year. The Pats won, skipped a year, then won two more. The Pats interrupted the Seahawks repeat attempt, so a rematch next year could be "Did a new dynasty start, and if so, which team?"

What should we do with the extra pick we get from the Jets for tampering?

Step 1: Draft the QB they want just to mess with them.

Step 2: Convert him to a safety who gets another game winning pick in Super Bowl 50.

Step 3: Watch New York tear itself apart in rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes