PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are signing WR Michael Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Patriots signed WR Michael Jenkins, formerly of the Vikings.
Jenkins, 31 in June, caught 40 passes for 449 yards and two touchdowns last season, appearing in all 16 games. "Molasses Mike" was released by the Vikings more than three weeks ago, and didn't draw an ounce of known interest before signing with New England. The deal is likely for the veteran's minimum, and it isn't a guarantee that he'll make the team out of training camp. Jenkins can block, but he can no longer generate any separation from defensive backs."

Guy ran a 4.42 in college. It has been said he is a glider and not a quick twitch guy. Good Hands. Good pass routes. He will get the info from Dimitroff. I am sure he checked in.

"Jenkins finished his seven year Falcons career with 276 catches for 3,512 yards, a 12.7 yards per catch average and 20 touchdowns. I’ll remember him fondly for 2005 to 2008, when he was either the team’s best or second best receiver and a very capable blocker for a potent rushing attack. There were a lot of times I wished the Falcons would just find an upgrade for him, but he was a good, hard-working Falcon for a long time."
DW Toys

Better than people gave him credit for in Minnesota, unfortunately with Ponder hurling the rock.....

Meh.......

Agree 100%, Meh indeed. Waste of money, hopefully he isn't a waste of time. Really liked him coming out of college, but proved me wrong. If I remember correctly, he had a big case of the dropsies with the Falcons. Donald Hayes II.

Someone's got to catch passes from Kafka, I guess.

Via twitter

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m

Michael Jenkins Sucks! give me a break BB we could still find this guy on his coach mid season...I'm not PLEASED!:mad:

Another ham and egg signing....

allllll abooooord!!!

Michael Jenkins Sucks! give me a break BB we could still find this guy on his coach mid season...I'm not PLEADED!:mad:

Who cares? It's a bottom of the roster-type signing.

Gotta suck when your tight ends are faster than your wide receiver. Hope this doesn't close the book on Sanders and/or drafting a receiver high in the draft.

Exactly talk about back to square one, outside speed not outside slug BB.:mad:

And the talk about Michael Jenkins being a burner is all rubbish the only thing we burned was weed in the nevermind...:)

I have to laugh at people thinking that he is being brought in here to be the #2 WR or something. It's a camp depth/kicking the tires type move. Bill's gotta bring in a few veteran receivers when he drafts 2-3 rookie receivers in the draft to give them at least some camp competition.

At best Jenkins makes the roster and is #4 or #5, at worst he is in the first round of camp cuts. He would certainly be an upgrade over Slater or Aiken at the #4 or #5

Via twitter

tumblr_inline_mk1liky93Z1qz4rgp.gif

Scrub. Going to be disappointed if the Pats can't find a better fit for the roster than him when it comes time to make final cuts in August.

I'm sure he got no or very little guaranteed money/signing bonus. The Pats have tons of roster spots available. Worth a shot since he has a lot of talent and never really had a good QB throwing to him other than Vick early in his career and Vick was never much of a passer back then (big arm, but not all that accurate).

Under those conditions, I think he is worth a shot. Ain't running out to buy a Jenkins jersey though. My guess is he has a 50-50 shot at making the roster at best. And I might be generous with those odds.

Oh good, now we are signing some elite WR's to really blow the roof off this offense.......YEAH!!!!! GO PATS!!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh good, now we are signing some elite WR's to really blow the roof off this offense.......YEAH!!!!! GO PATS!!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!!!

Is there really any need for this crap? Seriously...

If only he can turn out half as good as the last 6'4 former Vikings player we once picked up

Via twitter

Here is the "up for grabs" threat, well Anquan Boldin isn't that fast either...he is tall at least. I would still like BB to draft one early too. Jenkins is a sleeper like Jones. He could be pretty good. Heck, TFB makes most of his targets good, sans a few of them. Not going to break the bank type of pickup.

I'm not going to do a Ray Lewis dance, but, at least BB did address the glaring need.

Not surprising....

It's the annual 'we will sign a washed up or WTF WR in his 30s' move.

A bit younger at 31 but follows in the footsteps of WRs to compete and then usually gone by summer ....(Holt,Patten ect)

Camp Fodder for sure

If only he can turn out half as good as the last 6'4 former Vikings player we once picked up

Don't even put Randy Moss and Michael Jenkins in the same sentence.

Randy Moss in his prime >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Michael Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back