PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are putting together a trade package to get A.J. Hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feep_FLA said:
My gut tell me the Pats FO is putting a trade package together to get A.J.Hawk. I think they would have to move up to Oaklands pick to do that. Wouldn't we all freak if they pulled off a move like that? I know I would. Hello defense of the future! :rocker:
If that happened, "In Bill we trust" should no longer be applicable, we'd have to waste so many picks just for a guy who there is no garauntees would work out, not only that but hes just a LB, the only LB I would ever trade up from 21 to the top 5 (which is where hes going to go) to get would be LT and no other, not even Ray Ray or Butkis.

I don't understand why the majority of people here are willing to trade away a potential hall of famer who is still only 26 who plays a position at which good players usually play at a high level until their late 30's, for a player with 0 NFL experience, if this were 2000 you people would probably want us to trade him for courtney brown, I'm sorry I just think established veterans (and Seymour is far more than just established) are worth more than unproven rookies, I say resign seymour and trade branch, we can plug anyone who can run a route into the wr depth chart and brady will make him produce.

Ochmed Jones said:
Have you ever watched an OSU game??? Do you know what you are looking at??? I've had doubts about your knowledge of the game before, but now I'm convinced, you have no clue. Let me say it again. Based on a scale of 1 to 10. Hawk's instincts = 10. Carpenter = 5 (maybe).
Read the scouting reports. I think the first one I looked at that supported my thoery was from PFW, but there are tons more by many former scouts.
I now know, you don't know squat about the game so let me clue you in to some key phrases.
Blah blah blah.

Perhaps you should get your panties unbunched before posting.

When it says super instictive, seems to know where the ball is going before it's snapped, and gets to the correct spot early nearly all the time. That would be Hawk.
When it says, slow to react, needs time to read before reacting, needs to line up as rush LB because anything else is too confusing for him. That's Carpenter.
So, I must not know how to read. Because for Carpenter, I see things like this:
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/bobbycarpenter.html
"Has great instincts...Is very natural and does an excellent job in coverage...Does a nice job of filling against the run...Flies to the ball and makes plays sideline-to-sideline..."

http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/arch...es_2006_draft_preview_outside_linebackers.php
"He has excellent instincts and a real nose for the football."

http://www.gridirongrumblings.com/draftanalysis/profile.php?player=Bobby Carpenter
"Bobby Carpenter is another player who was overshadowed by a national star, A.J. Hawk, but has the potential to be very good in the NFL. His combination of athleticism and terrific instincts made him one of the most dynamic linebackers in the country. Carpenter does a great job in pass coverage and has shown he can be a dominating force coming off the edge, either from DE or OLB."

Carpenter also has the right attitude for the Patriots. Read this article for more on that:
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2006-03-08-osu-lb-feature_x.htm

Better yet, don't take my or any other scout's word for what I'm saying, just watch a game for yourself. It's not hard even for people like you that don't know squat.
blah blah blah. I guess all those scouts that claim Carpenter has great instincts are just as ignorant as me. Perhaps you should offer to teach them a thing or two. After you get your panties unbunched.

Ice Cold Bruschi said:
I don't understand why the majority of people here are willing to trade away a potential hall of famer who is still only 26 who plays a position at which good players usually play at a high level until their late 30's, for a player with 0 NFL experience, if this were 2000 you people would probably want us to trade him for courtney brown, I'm sorry I just think established veterans (and Seymour is far more than just established) are worth more than unproven rookies, I say resign seymour and trade branch, we can plug anyone who can run a route into the wr depth chart and brady will make him produce.
Well said.

Ice Cold Bruschi said:

Trust me, there is no majority on this board supporting a Seymour trade.

Keep posting! :rocker:

Seymour Trade

cubedoggy said:
Trust me, there is no majority on this board supporting a Seymour trade.

Keep posting! :rocker:

I believe you are correct that no one wants to trade Seymour. However, the supposition was that since the Pats couldn't extend him until August at the earliest, he and his agent may just decide to wait until the end of the year and become a UFA and sign with the highest bidder. He already has multiple rings and is looking to get paid. (which is only fair) BB has demonstrated that he is reluctant to get into bidding wars, and he may just not match the high offers that Seymour will command. So, why not trade him now, while he has the most value.

Honestly, I want to resign him, even if it is at Jevon Kearse prices, you know hes going to be worth it, and its always nice to have another Patriot with a bust in the hall.

Seymour

Ice Cold Bruschi said:
Honestly, I want to resign him, even if it is at Jevon Kearse prices, you know hes going to be worth it, and its always nice to have another Patriot with a bust in the hall.

I am in complete agreement with you. In light of what happened with Adam V., I believe the Pats are going to be much more careful with Richard, if they honestly want to keep him. They don't want to hurt his feelings like they did with Adam. (Although (if true) I don't know why Adam felt that way since he was the highest paid kicker in the league for the last 2 years). I am one of the "trusters" in BB, but I think he made a mistake in not franchising Adam. Anyway, to return to the subject, it is also possible that they have every intention of signing Seymour and Branch as well. (Who knows, maybe even Daniel G.) Hence, the hoarding of cap room. If this is the case, I expect that Branch would be signed first and come August, Richard gets his new deal. If Seymour were 29-ish, he probably wouldn't get the big money from the Pats, but he has a long career ahead of him and if BB keeps him out of the offensive backfield, his body should hold up barring the unforseen. His influence on the defense is enormous and his presence is critical. I hope he stays.

Yeah, he is to the patriots what Joe Green was to the steelers. ( still consider him an interior lineman, no matter how many games he plays on the outside)

50 replies to this thread and they are all interesting and entertaining but the bottom line to me is..... I WANT HAWK! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes