PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are not in the Big Boys Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been like that since 06. Outside of 07 when they beat everyone, they've struggled mightily since 05 against good teams.

Yeah let's just through out 18 wins from last year for the sake of an argument...:confused:

And could someone explain to me how 12-4 and 2 playoff wins in 2006 is a sign that the team "struggled mightily since 05 against good teams"?

And could someone explain to me how 12-4 and 2 playoff wins in 2006 is a sign that the team "struggled mightily since 05 against good teams"?

I'm sure BionicPatriot has crashed since then and has come back to his senses.

every 3rd year is a 'down year'.........CBA - willing, and avoiding a bazillion man-games lost to injury, the pats should be right back at the top of the AFC again next year........they have the cap space, they have the draft picks

some years you have to take a step back in order to continue on with the big picture..........

for this particular moment, they are not at the top of the league, but overall, as an organization, this team is top 2-3 in the NFL.........as long as the current recipe stays in place, it will always be like that

Also, last time we missed the playoffs, we rebounded pretty well from it. I look for a similar rebound next year. :D

we are really going to struggle against arizonas recievers, the defense is 31st in redzone D which is very un BB like also every game I have seen this year we can not put pressure on the QB on a consistent basis it has vanished with colvin going

Dating back to 06, Colts rushing defense was absolutely horrible until the last 1 or 2 games. But they won the Superbowl. I agree that this year's Pats secondary is unacceptable. However, non-existence of pass rush is to blame as well. No secondary can makes play without pass rush, at least I believe so.

I just hope this defense, especially pass rush, will step up big, like Colts did 2 years ago.

During the Colts PI fueled run to the SB, they were aided by their D getting healthy at the right time. Rodney isn't coming back, and AdT is just a glimmer of hope.

I have confidence our offense could come together and hopefully eliminate the dumb mistakes, but will our o-line improve?

Imho, the D seems to be in serious transition right now, and I don't see the personnel we have being enough for a serious run in the playoffs.

The Pats have lost a few things this season:
The mental edge we had over teams like the Steelers and Jets.
The momentum we gained from finally getting back on top of the Colts last year is gone as well.

This team is not playing Patriot's football as we know it. Poor TO margin, mental mistakes, etc.

Arizona is still a quality opponent and can be included in the Big Boys Club. The Dolphins win a few weeks ago was also a very big win on the road.

If they can get into the playoffs and get AT back they may have a shot at making some noise.

This Pats team may not be playing at the highest level this season, but make no mistake about it, their performance over the last seven years has given the Patriots Franchise a lifetime pass to the "Big Boys Club" of the NFL.

This Pats team may not be playing at the highest level this season, but make no mistake about it, their performance over the last seven years has given the Patriots Franchise a lifetime pass to the "Big Boys Club" of the NFL.

I don't think it's the time of year to be retrospective....we can all go back to that in May :)

I didn't say regular season wins.

I said against good, playoff teams.

Care to pull up their records against playoff clubs?

Yeah let's just through out 18 wins from last year for the sake of an argument...:confused:

Outside of that year. 2/3 years, they've struggled against elite teams. That's bad consistancy.

I didn't say regular season wins.

I said against good, playoff teams.

Care to pull up their records against playoff clubs?

You said exactly what I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye