PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are a home underdog vs Bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all of the talent homers like to say we have on this team, look at the Bengals and tell me one position group where our talent even matches theirs, let alone exceeds it.

Sometimes I like to be the underdog I'm happy we are the underdog.

For all of the talent homers like to say we have on this team, look at the Bengals and tell me one position group where our talent even matches theirs, let alone exceeds it.

For start CBs...

If Belichick can do what he has always done in the past, and he gets the age old message through to his team on "ignoring the noise", I am probably in the minority but I like our chances this week. I really do...I think you will see a lot of toughness on this team this week...signalling we are at the very least not done yet....

If Belichick can do what he has always done in the past, and he gets the age old message through to his team on "ignoring the noise", I am probably in the minority but I like our chances this week. I really do...I think you will see a lot of toughness on this team this week...signalling we are at the very least not done yet....
he has already begun with the 'ignore the noise' part
http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...k-on-helping-tom-brady-were-on-to-cincinnati/

Please. I wouldn't even give you. CB.
Just because CIN has spent two firsts on Eifert (injured) and Gresham (not as good as advertised) doesn't mean they're better. And I know you aren't going to give NE anything.

Just because CIN has spent two firsts on Eifert (injured) and Gresham (not as good as advertised) doesn't mean they're better. And I know you aren't going to give NE anything.

They are not even in the same stratosphere as a close to healthy Gronk, but they are a much better unit than ours as it currently stands. Gronk can't get down the field at all. I know you want to think otherwise, but the 2014 Patriots are not very talented, and Brady's skills have diminished to a point where he can no longer compensate for that reality. We will have to rebuild. I am just curious as to whether or not BB will want to stay around for that process. There is very little to work with.

Dallas went through this a little, and their drafts were panned a little bit for the high draft picks of non-flashy offensive linemen. It has worked out. The difference is they had some elite skill guys to start with. We have to start from almost nothing. It could take some time. Have to find tackles, guard, receivers, hope Gronk can come back and stay healthy, hope Jimmy is the guy, safeties (safety if we resign McCourty), LBs, pass rusher, DT, CB ( I assume Revis walks to NYJ or wherever Rex lands), legitimate DC, etc. It will not be a quick process, but I expect our draft position to be better than what we've historically had.

Honest question: I am not calling for BB's job, just asking a real question. If the Patriots are truly as bad as they've looked, they need to be rebuilt. Does BB stick around for the "rebuild" at this point in his career. Would he even want to?

There is nothing to rebuild except the OL and BB is in the middle of doing just this. Everything else we look pretty good in terms of talent. But go ahead and freak out over the start of the season..

They are not even in the same stratosphere as a close to healthy Gronk, but they are a much better unit than ours as it currently stands. Gronk can't get down the field at all. I know you want to think otherwise, but the 2014 Patriots are not very talented, and Brady's skills have diminished to a point where he can no longer compensate for that reality. We will have to rebuild. I am just curious as to whether or not BB will want to stay around for that process. There is very little to work with.

Dallas went through this a little, and their drafts were panned a little bit for the high draft picks of non-flashy offensive linemen. It has worked out. The difference is they had some elite skill guys to start with. We have to start from almost nothing. It could take some time. Have to find tackles, guard, receivers, hope Gronk can come back and stay healthy, hope Jimmy is the guy, safeties (safety if we resign McCourty), LBs, pass rusher, DT, CB ( I assume Revis walks to NYJ or wherever Rex lands), legitimate DC, etc. It will not be a quick process, but I expect our draft position to be better than what we've historically had.
CIN gets very little from their TE spot (10 rec, ~ 100 yards, 0 TDs total through three games). So how are they much better than NE's?

As for the rest, I'm not worried about that now.

There is nothing to rebuild except the OL and BB is in the middle of doing just this. Everything else we look pretty good in terms of talent. But go ahead and freak out over the start of the season..

DL needs to be completely rebuilt. Linebacking corps needs to be completely rebuilt. WR corps needs to be completely rebuilt.

The secondary needs quite a bit of tinkering too. I know people here will still overrate them, but they are not nearly as good as they should be.

The only thing that surprises me is that they are not bigger underdogs. It will take a miracle for them to win this one. I think that the defense will play better. But this offense is so
dysfunctional right now, I just don't think that they can fix it in one week. Are the Bengals weak on Special Teams?

The only thing that surprises me is that they are not bigger underdogs. It will take a miracle for them to win this one. I think that the defense will play better. But this offense is so
dysfunctional right now, I just don't think that they can fix it in one week. Are the Bengals weak on Special Teams?
No. Brandon Tate is their kick returner and splits returns on punts. Their punter is good. Nugent, however, has already missed four field goals, one of which was over 50 yards.

never thought i'd see the day where a tom brady led team is a dog AT HOME to the marvin lewis bungles.
first time for everything i guess.

DL needs to be completely rebuilt. Linebacking corps needs to be completely rebuilt. WR corps needs to be completely rebuilt.

The secondary needs quite a bit of tinkering too. I know people here will still overrate them, but they are not nearly as good as they should be.

Imagine this secondary if we can't resign McCourty and Revis walks.

Does anybody know the implications on our cap for parting ways with Mayo after this season? He's paid like a difference maker, but he shouldn't be.

miracle? are we playing the 85 bears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back