PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Aqib Talib Suffers Injury During Win Over Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well atleast McCourty can play CB if my man Dennard have to miss a few games...A Bye-week is going to be very important for this Team.

A bye will be a long shot if we are missing any 2 out of 3 of thse CB's over the next few games. I think we really need Talib and Dennard to beat the 49ers, but I'd settle for either and Arrington. If both are out welcome back Vanilla play it safe defense.

A bye will be a long shot if we are missing any 2 out of 3 of thse CB's over the next few games. I think we really need Talib and Dennard to beat the 49ers, but I'd settle for either and Arrington. If both are out welcome back Vanilla play it safe defense.

I agree one of the two should be good enough...we don't want Arrington too much on the outsides.

Thankfully we don't have any potent offenses left on the schedule. The Jaguars could be a tough matchup for our D if any of the corners are injured, especially if Cecil Shorts comes back from his concussion issues. But we still should be able to win that game handily behind Brady. Hopefully this theory doesn't need to be tested but I think we'll still be fine if we're missing one for a few weeks.

The rise in the D is a direct result of being able to man up in the secondary. Without either Dennard or talib that ability is gone or at least BB will go play it safe again. If thats the case it brings the running game and chek downs back resulting in long drives. Last night the big play the Texans got in the red zone area was the ball to Casey which of course was due to our infamous 3 man rush.

first off, what a helluva game last night. Now when talib went down i analyzed the hell out of my tv like a scientist hoping that talib would get up and keep playing. although he didn't he did look fine standing on the sideline and plus our D didn't skip a beat without so yea they were just being cautious with him.
But you know what the story is gonna be like this week right?
Reporter:how's talib's injury going?
BB: he's day to day working to get better.
BB will probably try to keep niners on their toes on if talib will play. Which i believe he will. So far i havent read anything about x rays or anything like that which would indicate that talib just probably needs to get a few massages to that area. I can't believe how this defense has changed from one month to the next thank god. Here's hoping that we finish out the season 13-3 :rocker:

I agree one of the two should be good enough...we don't want Arrington too much on the outsides.

talib dennard outside. Arrington on slot. Thats the best cb line up. with gregory and mccourty back there we've been able to really limit big plays, finally. just saw a tweet please follow link. tom e curran says talib and dennard should be fine for niners!!!

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/278559882129588226

Thankfully we don't have any potent offenses left on the schedule. The Jaguars could be a tough matchup for our D if any of the corners are injured, especially if Cecil Shorts comes back from his concussion issues. But we still should be able to win that game handily behind Brady. Hopefully this theory doesn't need to be tested but I think we'll still be fine if we're missing one for a few weeks.
Huh? They couldn't score on the Jets

We better hope he is ok.He is easily our best cornerback.

Huh? They couldn't score on the Jets

They didn't have Shorts in that game, who was quietly having a really good season. If they get him and Jones-Drew back in time for us it's a pretty good offense that's been masked much of the season due to Blaine Gabbert being awful and MJD's injury. Now that Gabbert's been replaced they had some good performances for a few weeks before the jets game, namely putting up 37 points in Houston w/o MJD.

We better hope he is ok.He is easily our best cornerback.
Heard on the radio this afternoon that Tom Curran expects Talib to be ready to play vs. SF.

Don't worry I'm sure that BB will come out in his next press conference and gives us a complete analysis of the injury, how long he is going to be out and maybe even show the MRI!

Indeed! And follow his usual practice of making the Orthopedists and Training Staff available to the media to answer detailed questions about the exact nature and extent of his injury.

I'm not sayin' nuthin' no more.

I thought hoping for a Playoff Bye was far-fetched when they came out of their Regular Season Bye week...now, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut...I'm at the point where I believe anything is possible with any reasonable configuration of this team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey