PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots and the Media Feeding Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClevTrev

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
After ignoring all pre-game shows and watching then quickly muting the MNF broadcast that was clearly the most over-the-top presentation I've seen for any sports broadcast, I started to wonder whether this whole thing has peaked with ESPN's distractions Monday night or whether we can expect more of the same in the coming week(s).

This has gone pear shaped, and while the team appears to be dealing with this fairly well, the fans by having to find alternative audio broadcasts and avoiding pre-game shows are now being distracted by the sport news frenzy of covering this team. This impacts Pats fans and anti Pats fans alike, as both groups are growing sick of narrow media focus. What is the thinking here? Is it going to get worse than MNF or will it be handled more tastefully by the networks scheduled to broadcast the upcoming games?

Also, is it truly a distraction, and if so, how are you dealing with it?

For the second week since I got it, I have completely forgotten to try and pair up the WBCN online audio stream with the CBS broadcast using the DVR. Gil and Geno are pretty reliable and give it to you pretty straight with just enough Patriots favoratism and loads of team familiarity thrown into the mix to help you enjoy the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes