Votes: 29 39.7%
  • No (or Goodell will prevent this)

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • Soon

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the country ****ing hates us. Then again, most of the country hates the Cowboys too and has for quite a while, so maybe that's not a disqualifying factor.

More like America's most hated team. Face it we are a nation of haters. When you win too much, like the Pats, mostly people hate you.

And fortunately, unlike the Yankees, this is a salary capped sport. So they can't point and say we outspend people for our success. It's been built on a lot of hard work, great coaching, and shrewd team building.

I mean Tom Brady in the 6th round? Best draft bargain ever!!

I am shocked the title of that article isn't "Patriots: America's Most Hated Team. ". Seriously, this is just stupid....every sore assed fan of other chronically losing teams HATES the Pats.....it's what you get when you have a winning season every year since 2000, and have won 4 Super Bowls and been to 6 in that time.....with incredible success like ours comes JEALOUSY!!!....and I'm fine with that!!!!

QUOTE="RecoveringCowboy, post: 4746638, member: 34080"]New England Patriots: The new "America's Team" | isportsweb

They cite the #1 Social Media presence and the record this century

The first link appears to be a general sports site, but 82% on the poll said NE is now America's Team. The poll is in the 1st link.

A local link: America’s Team? Patriots, Not Cowboys, Have Best Fans In NFL, Study Says

This all started in 1979 when an NFL Films tagged the Cows in a highlight as America's Team. GM Tex Schram embraced it - Landry hated it for a long time - it was the ultimate locker room poster material to fire up opponents.[/QUOTE]

Unlike the other NFC teams, I respected the Niners of the 80's. The team board wanted to trade Joe when he hurt his back but Eddie DeBartolo Jr. insisted they keep him, and they got 2 more SB wins. They're uniforms were classy and said, "This organization is serious about football, and about winning championships..." Only thing missing for us, from Brady era.
is
"Wow, I'm wearing my very own WFL jersey!"
I respected the hell out of SF....but hated them.

I certainly hope the OP was referring to the ones he won BECAUSE of BB not inferring that he won the ones without BB because of BB, which would be a ridiculously stupid comment.
I don't know. Here's a suggestion: Why don't you ask her/him, rather than me.

More like America's most hated team. Face it we are a nation of haters. When you win too much, like the Pats, mostly people hate you.

And fortunately, unlike the Yankees, this is a salary capped sport. So they can't point and say we outspend people for our success. It's been built on a lot of hard work, great coaching, and shrewd team building.

I mean Tom Brady in the 6th round? Best draft bargain ever!!
I look at us as the good guys, and the NYJFL as evil.

Luke Skywalker....................................................Steve Grogan
Obi-Wan Kenobi..................................................Bill Belichick
Han Solo..............................................................Russ Francis
Chewbacca...........................................................Rob Gronkowski
Anakin Skywalker................................................Robert Kraft
Darth Vader.........................................................Darth Raider
Princess Leia........................................................Bobbie Grogan
Grand Moff Tarkin...............................................Ben Dreith
Jabba the Hutt.....................................................Buddy Ryan
Jar Jar Binks.........................................................Jerry Rice
Lando Calrissian..................................................Stanley Morgan
Qui-Gon Jinn.......................................................Bill Parcells
Poe Dameron.......................................................Tom Brady
C-3PO..................................................................John Smith
R2-D2..................................................................Randy Vataha
Yoda....................................................................Mosi Tatupu
Finn.....................................................................Rodney Harrison
Senator Palpatine................................................James Busch Orthwein
Rune Haako.........................................................Chris Mortensen
Saesee Tiin..........................................................Andre Tippett
Darth Sidious......................................................Don Shula
Mace Windu.......................................................Julius Adams
Daultay Dofine....................................................Professor Robert Blecker
Govenor Sio Bibble.............................................Billy Sullivan
Finis Valorum......................................................Paul Tagliabue
Watto..................................................................Bill Polian
Boss Nass............................................................John Hannah
Sebulba...............................................................Jack Tatum
Captain Panaka..................................................Prentice McCray
Fode and Beed...................................................Rex and Rob Ryan
General Grievous...............................................Woody Johnson
Nute Gunray......................................................Matt Walsh
Darth Maul........................................................Bernard Pollard
Lobot.................................................................Drew Bledsoe
Maz Kanata.......................................................Myra Kraft
Captain Phasma................................................Lisa Olson
Kylo Ren............................................................flying elvis
General Hux......................................................John Harbaugh
Rey....................................................................Hannah L.
Lor San Tekka...................................................Gino Cappelletti
Boba Fett..........................................................Ray Lewis
Admiral Motti...................................................Tom Jackson
Padme Amidala.................................................Gisele Bundchen
BB8...................................................................Julian Edelman
Count Duuku....................................................Jeff Pash
Wedge Antilles.................................................Danny Amendola
Wampa.............................................................Michael Strahan
General Willard................................................Mike Holovak
General Dodonna.............................................Chuck Fairbanks
Greedo..............................................................Andrew Luck
Admiral Ackbar.................................................Gil Santos
Admiral Piett.....................................................Ted Wells
Moff Jerjerrod..................................................Gerry Austin
Nien Nunb........................................................Ernie Adams
Supreme Leader Snoke.....................................Roger Goodell

Last edited:
Can we be Latvias team? Or Botswanas team?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Unlike the other NFC teams, I respected the Niners of the 80's. The team board wanted to trade Joe when he hurt his back but Eddie DeBartolo Jr. insisted they keep him, and they got 2 more SB wins. They're uniforms were classy and said, "This organization is serious about football, and about winning championships..." Only thing missing for us, from Brady era.
is
"Wow, I'm wearing my very own WFL jersey!"

I can understand your feelings for the old uniform, you having grown up with it, but the Flying Elvis uniforms carry with them the aura of winning that the Pat Patriot just doesn't have. I realize winning isn't everything and we'll all be Patriot fans even if 10 straight 1-15 seasons are our reality sometime in the distant future but the Flying Elvis is the emblem of the greatest dynasty in football history, and frankly isn't going anywhere.

I hope not, I love being the team every other fan base loves to hate, this team plays the villain really well

Been America's team since 2002.
Good publicity or bad, they are mentioned during game broadcasts (in games they are not part of) more than any other team. Local preseason games with team picked announcers. How many times do you hear, the former Patriot...or played under BB and the Patriots. As if that makes the player special because he was good enough to get cut by the Pats (See Zack Subfield, the TE who couldn't block)..
Mentioned on any NFL weekly show more than any other team. And these are mostly NY based shows (with yahoo Jet fanboy producers etc.).
Talked about on opposing message boards more than any other team (remember, good or bad....because the bad speaks to the relevancy).
Likely at NFL headquarters. You have to imagine the Pat's are likely constantly on their pea brain minds. They've been trying to find ways to even the playing field since 2007 with their fantasy scandals (camera on the field and not in press box = driving 67 mph in a 65 zone / 2 tenths of air in a football = nothing).
Patriot fans travel very well (to opposing teams stadiums). I'd put the Pats fans 3rd behind Pittsburgh and maybe Green Bay in this department.

Could go on and on and on...but I have to go spit shine my Pats bumper sticker :D

I can understand your feelings for the old uniform, you having grown up with it, but the Flying Elvis uniforms carry with them the aura of winning that the Pat Patriot just doesn't have. I realize winning isn't everything and we'll all be Patriot fans even if 10 straight 1-15 seasons are our reality sometime in the distant future but the Flying Elvis is the emblem of the greatest dynasty in football history, and frankly isn't going anywhere.
th

USA Men's Basketball, the emblem of the greatest basketball dynasty in Olympic history
...more appropriate than this?
th

They've been trying to find ways to even the playing field since 2007 with their fantasy scandals
Correction: They've been trying to find ways to tilt the playing field in opponents' favor, most successfully in 1976; later at Bill Polian's behest and most recently with fantasy scandals

Of course, like anyone that's not the Pats. Never going to respect Charles Haley, though. Rice? Yeah, well, see above.

Ive come around on Charles Haley a little. While he is in the "Patriots Cheat" loser crowd he did play with bipolar disorder. Amazing he had a HoF career with such a tough condition.

I hope not, I love being the team every other fan base loves to hate, this team plays the villain really well
It's totally different though, from the Raiders, who openly admitted to cheating whenever they could and many of whom really were bad guys

Ive come around on Charles Haley a little. While he is in the "Patriots Cheat" loser crowd he did play with bipolar disorder. Amazing he had a HoF career with such a tough condition.
Correct about the loser crowd. I am still waiting for Brian Holloway to be nationally celebrated for all the obstacles he amazingly overcame, without being an *******; but because he's a Patriot is of course still denigrated by the media [see NYT]

I look at us as the good guys, and the NYJFL as evil.

Luke Skywalker....................................................Steve Grogan
Obi-Wan Kenobi..................................................Bill Belichick
Han Solo..............................................................Russ Francis
Chewbacca...........................................................Rob Gronkowski
Anakin Skywalker................................................Robert Kraft
Darth Vader.........................................................Darth Raider
Princess Leia........................................................Bobbie Grogan
Grand Moff Tarkin...............................................Ben Dreith
Jabba the Hutt.....................................................Buddy Ryan
Jar Jar Binks.........................................................Jerry Rice
Lando Calrissian..................................................Stanley Morgan
Qui-Gon Jinn.......................................................Bill Parcells
Poe Dameron.......................................................Tom Brady
C-3PO..................................................................John Smith
R2-D2..................................................................Randy Vataha
Yoda....................................................................Mosi Tatupu
Finn.....................................................................Rodney Harrison
Senator Palpatine................................................James Busch Orthwein
Rune Haako.........................................................Chris Mortensen
Saesee Tiin..........................................................Andre Tippett
Darth Sidious......................................................Don Shula
Mace Windu.......................................................Julius Adams
Daultay Dofine....................................................Professor Robert Blecker
Govenor Sio Bibble.............................................Billy Sullivan
Finis Valorum......................................................Paul Tagliabue
Watto..................................................................Bill Polian
Boss Nass............................................................John Hannah
Sebulba...............................................................Jack Tatum
Captain Panaka..................................................Prentice McCray
Fode and Beed...................................................Rex and Rob Ryan
General Grievous...............................................Woody Johnson
Nute Gunray......................................................Matt Walsh
Darth Maul........................................................Bernard Pollard
Lobot.................................................................Drew Bledsoe
Maz Kanata.......................................................Myra Kraft
Captain Phasma................................................Lisa Olson
Kylo Ren............................................................flying elvis
General Hux......................................................John Harbaugh
Rey....................................................................Hannah L.
Lor San Tekka...................................................Gino Cappelletti
Boba Fett..........................................................Ray Lewis
Admiral Motti...................................................Tom Jackson
Padme Amidala.................................................Gisele Bundchen
BB8...................................................................Julian Edelman
Count Duuku....................................................Jeff Pash
Wedge Antilles.................................................Danny Amendola
Wampa.............................................................Michael Strahan
General Willard................................................Mike Holovak
General Dodonna.............................................Chuck Fairbanks
Greedo..............................................................Andrew Luck
Admiral Ackbar.................................................Gil Santos
Admiral Piett.....................................................Ted Wells
Moff Jerjerrod..................................................Gerry Austin
Nien Nunb........................................................Ernie Adams
Supreme Leader Snoke.....................................Roger Goodell

This would be awesome if I understood it. I've never seen anything Star Wars but your post almost inspires me to see them just to so I can get these references. Almost.

This would be awesome if I understood it. I've never seen anything Star Wars but your post almost inspires me to see them just to so I can get these references. Almost.
Star Wars is most fun in a movie theatre...if you've not seen any, you want to start with episodes IV-VI. Then, you can go right ahead and see the Force Awakens. I wasn't a big fan when it first came out, it grows on you, if you let it in:D

Clearly the juxtapositions can't always be exact, but they're meant to be funny, entertaining, and appropriate.

As a shortcut, you can Google whatever name it is, example Star Wars Boba Fett character, and there'll be a description. Check YouTube for Admiral Motti, and you'll get the Tom Jackson analogy:)

th
=guy getting choked

I have to admit, this whole scene conjures up images in my mind of Orthwein and Kraft stamping F.E. as the new symbol of oppression, um, or dominance (Tom inadvertently accomplished this nine years later), crushing the original Patriots - and their fans - like the Old Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes