• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
New England Patriots: The new "America's Team" | isportsweb

They cite the #1 Social Media presence and the record this century

The first link appears to be a general sports site, but 82% on the poll said NE is now America's Team. The poll is in the 1st link.

A local link: America’s Team? Patriots, Not Cowboys, Have Best Fans In NFL, Study Says

This all started in 1979 when an NFL Films tagged the Cows in a highlight as America's Team. GM Tex Schram embraced it - Landry hated it for a long time - it was the ultimate locker room poster material to fire up opponents.

Last edited:
New England Patriots: The new "America's Team" | isportsweb

They cite the #1 Social Media presence and the record this century

The first link appears to be a general sports site, but 82% on the poll said NE is now America's Team. The poll is in the 1st link.

A local link: America’s Team? Patriots, Not Cowboys, Have Best Fans In NFL, Study Says

This all started in 1979 when an NFL Films tagged the Cows in a highlight as America's Team. GM Tex Schram embraced it - Landry hated it for a long time - it was the ultimate locker room poster material to fire up opponents.
After beating the Cowboys, Oilers coach Bum Phillips drawled:

Dallas may be America's team, but Houston is Texas' team. And that's better.
is

Really? John Mara would have 2 fewer super bowls if it wasn't for belichick.
No, he'd have 3 fewer...and the fact that he does hate him makes him ((Mara) a very special and rare type of jerkoff...

Nah. I think the pats are too smart to be America's team. I think most people identify with the gunslinger gut feeling coach/team/Qb. Someone like Favre or Jeff freaking fisher. Patriots are too cerebral and most people feel threatened by smartness and there's a general dumbing down of America. It's unfortunate.

For those people, I'd ask them, if you're on the table being operated on with your life in the line, would you want or not want a smart elite doctor?

Really? John Mara would have 2 fewer super bowls if it wasn't for belichick.
Probably not how (he) sees it. I just think he has Goodell's ear more than any other owner.

No, he'd have 3 fewer...and the fact that he does hate him makes him ((Mara) a very special and rare type of jerkoff...
I think he's not fond of Kraft either. So it makes it easier to push the envelope, and the Spawn.

It entirely depends on how one defines "America's Team.". Most talked about? Yes. Most polarizing? Yes. Favorite? No. And there are more ways of defining it as well.

This.

I would add that because this team has been kicking ass for so long, there are millions of Patriots "admirers" which are not "fans" out there that will not make their feelings known publicly because of the cheating, anti-BB, always win, hate Brady sentiment by the mainstream media and the NFL

This.

I would add that because this team has been kicking ass for so long, there are millions of Patriots "admirers" which are not "fans" out there that will not make their feelings known publicly because of the cheating, anti-BB, always win, hate Brady sentiment by the mainstream media and the NFL
Excellent thought. I can think of several acquaintances I believe may fall into that category but would be reluctant, if not unwilling, to admit it.

Don't kill me, but the Pats have become the Yankees of the NFL. All conversations touch on them.
In my latest YouTube, I hinted at that when Hitler cried Damn Patriots would run a decade on Broadway.

After beating the Cowboys, Oilers coach Bum Phillips drawled:

Dallas may be America's team, but Houston is Texas' team. And that's better.
is

Bum passed a year or two ago. :( There were times the Oilers won as beat up as the Pats now.

To me, it's the fan base. The depth of the Pats fan base is the deepest, in part to DeflateGate. The breath is increasing, while Stephen Jones is starting to wonder about his team (that his Dad screwed)

I don't think any team would start anointing themselves AT - I'd like the Pats to eventually have the biggest fan base.

Tex Schram was a good GM...in the HOF, but owing that moniker AT was about as boneheaded as the succeeding GM. ;)

Excellent thought. I can think of several acquaintances I believe may fall into that category but would be reluctant, if not unwilling, to admit it.
I have several of those as well. They are total closet Pats admirers. I give them a ration of you-know-what all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back