PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots all about fear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cedric Cobbs disses Belichick

cant find the article but they were talking about it on EEI this morning. it was form a San Jose newspaper. Apparently Cobbs said BB was too tough and that players were scared and walked on egg shells around him. He talked about how he saw first round picks being cut etc. etc.And how its more comfortable in Denver.

this guy was always hurt and was only here for a year, who is he too open up his mouth.

Re: Cedric Cobbs disses Belichick

I hope he remembered to take his binky and teddy bear with him.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Let 'em be comfortable with 3 straight years of humiliating playoff defeats and 7 seasons (soon to be 8) without a Lombardi. I'd rather have a hard-ass coaching my team, its not like I'm playing for him :)

Who is Cedric Cobbs?

You mean the Cedric Cobbs we drafted who spent half his time in the trainer's room?

You mean the Cedric Cobbs who strugged to learn the playbook?

Youi mean the Cedric Cobbs who, when given ample opportunity to prove himself, usually came out timid and unimpressive?

You mean the Cedric Cobbs who was such a major disappointment that the organization could no longer wait for his performance to catch up to his promise and potential?

You mean THAT Cedric Cobbs?

He's still in football?

ADPF

Last edited:

Armen Da Pats Fan said:
Who is Cedric Cobbs?

THAT Cedric Cobbs?

He's still playing football?

Well, he's employed by a team. Technically, he's not "playing" football. :D

An alternative view -- Josh Miller was on with Felger yesterday and they asked him about BB. Josh says BB is a great guy and is the only coach he's had that he doesn't call coach. He calls him Bill. He said when his daughter was born BB sent them a book with a note talking about how great it is to be a parent. He was also sympathetic when Josh's dad was sick.

Josh commented that BB wants to win and if you as a player can't help him do that, you're gone. I suspect that's the category Cedric Cobbs fell into.

Last edited:
Who is Cedric Cobbs?

You mean the Cedric Cobbs we drafted who spent half his time in the trainer's room?

You mean the Cedric Cobbs who strugged to learn the playbook?

Youi mean the Cedric Cobbs who, when given ample opportunity to prove himself, usually came out timid and unimpressive?

You mean the Cedric Cobbs who was such a major disappointment that the organization could no longer wait for his performance to catch up to his promise and potential?

You mean THAT Cedric Cobbs?

He's still in football?

ADPF

Last edited:

What the hell has Cobbs ever done? And who are these magical first round Patriots picks Belichick cut? Unless he's referring to letting David Terrell go, since after reading Borges' nonsense he probably thought Terrell WAS a first round pick by the Pats. Assuming the dumbass can read, that is. What a joke, have fun as the fourth string running back at your newfound Club Med, Cedric.

Cobbs was a waste of time, stay in denver.

Mods - please merge this thread with the older Pats Fear thread that has a link to the article.

Tough coaches always get the job done.

If you cant play for a tough coach then you shouldnt be playing this game.

I am happy as hell belichick is a tough coach.

R_T26 said:
cant find the article but they were talking about it on EEI this morning. it was form a San Jose newspaper. Apparently Cobbs said BB was too tough and that players were scared and walked on egg shells around him. He talked about how he saw first round picks being cut etc. etc.And how its more comfortable in Denver.

this guy was always hurt and was only here for a year, who is he too open up his mouth.

BB is from the Parcells school of being "mean" to rookies/new players and pals with the veterans. If Cobbs was an established vet with a record of success, BB would treat him the way he treats Seau, Bruschi, or Harrison. This baby needs to grow a set of nuts.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Mods - please merge this thread with the older Pats Fear thread that has a link to the article.

Thanks for the heds up, PWP. Done.

PatsWickedPissah said:

Thanks for the heads up, PWP. Done.

So it's all about second chances for a player? I can hear the whining from here. Good God. This is the NFL sonny boy. If you can't meet the standards out on your rear end you go. Parcells was that way and so's Bill Belichick. I laude them for their strong grip on the team and the focus necessary to win SB's. They produce championships because they don't baby whiners or settle for second best. Long live the King and may he forever create a "climate of fear". Cobby you're a moron.:rolleyes:

Football? There's no crying in Football!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back