PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots agree to terms with Leigh Bodden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots Agree to Terms with Bodden

who is it that they tried to replace him with?

and yes, i know you were calling the other guy a jets fan, but i like Hobbs to, so that wouldve made me a **** fan as well.....I simply couldnt let that go :D

They brought in three FA DBs before camp and signed Deltha during camp. Tank Williams got hurt, Lewis Sanders was a JAG and I can't remember who the third one was. They also had the DB from ND coming off of IR from the previous year. They needed to replace Asante as well. Then they drafted two DB's high in the draft (R2 and R4).

I think Belichick likes Ellis, and that creates a lot of wiggle room for any player, but I think Belichick has decided that an upgrade is necessary. They tried to tread water last year and it cost them. A pass rush would have helped, but they actually did pretty well applying pressure most of the time. I think that the secondary made it hard to blitz during the season as well. It wasn't until the end that they decided to bring Merriwether. They had 31 sacks last season, tied with Arizona at #14. Not great, but not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots