PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots agree to terms with DE Jonathan Fanene three year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the signing. Very low key but his sack potential does really stick out when you look at them. I imagine playing alongside Vince should only improve his stock. Good find BB.

Yes, and it is a perfect reminder of the joys of being a Pats fan. 5% better here, 5% better there, and presto, an .800 winning percentage, Division titles, and Super Bowls.

I like the signing. Very low key but his sack potential does really stick out when you look at them. I imagine playing alongside Vince should only improve his stock. Good find BB.
The funny thing about upgrades here and there are that in terms of roster composition, they have a flow on effect (something Fantasy roster lovers tend to miss or ignore). An upgrade is an upgrade whichever way you choose to spin it.

Last edited:
This is the exact kind of Pats signing I love.

First... who is this guy? Check

Second... versatile guy who can help at several spots of need. Check

Third... good scouting reports, played well in limited action, perhaps needs the right environment? Check

Fourth... very reasonable contract. Check.

Loss of AND/OR lack of. I'm not so sure having Wright and Pryor as the key to the interior rush would have made worlds of difference either.
This is a step in the right direction, but we need 2 more.
I do not count Pryor as viable. He cannot stay healthy. And despite the excitement fans have for him flashing potential here and there because he is the underdog he simply hasn't produced when he was out there either.

You should watch the games more and focus less on the stat sheets. Pryor hasn't stayed healthy, but when he plays he is consistently violent inside.

It should lessen the need for Wilfork to move all over the line as a run stopper.

And also to record a high number of snaps as an interior rusher.

I really like this signing now, but I believe I felt the same about Stroud...

Yeah. I admit that every year I get pumped about a couple guys who do nada

Fanene is 4 years younger, which is no small amount in football years.

This probably won't matter to you, but it's offered for whatever comfort it's worth to you. I was against the Stroud deal and don't have a problem with this one.

You should watch the games more and focus less on the stat sheets. Pryor hasn't stayed healthy, but when he plays he is consistently violent inside.

You should watch more closely. Describing Pryor as CONSISTENTLY VIOLENT is laughable.

You can certainly take it that it's not bad news.
I wonder what they'll be doing with Ellis && Warren.

-Jamman

My guess is Warren could be back, and Ellis will not be.

You should watch more closely. Describing Pryor as CONSISTENTLY VIOLENT is laughable.

I'd like to see him stay on the field consistently. Although I do agree if he "could" stay healthy he has the chance to be a very good rotational fit for this team. He has shown flashes but it means squat if your not out there playing.

Last edited:
He had 2 starts last year, and 6.5 sacks. If he starts all 16 games for the Patriots, that figures out to be 52 sacks. That would really help us. :)

Fanene is,was plan B when Red Bryant resigned with the Seahawks. One or preferably 2 more signed interior lineman before the draft will put BB in the drivers seat to pluck gems from later rounds to develop next year or two....

Unfortunately names like Brace, Cunningham and Crable didn't come to fruition.

Misprint? it doesn't seem to make sense.

He seems like he is best suited for the Mike Wright interior pass rushing role. He might get some time in the rotation as a base DE, but I think sub packages will be where he contributes the most. I would still expect the Pats to sign or draft another run stuffing DL, if not both. I still like Kendall Langford, and if he could come at a similar price to Fanene, I think he would be a good pick up. Then if one of the top DL fall to you in the draft (Devon Still?) you could have a very good DL rotation. If we do sign another guy I think it would mean the end of Ron Brace though.

NT- Wilfork, Love
Base DE- Deaderick, Langford, Still
Sub Rushers- Fanene, Pryor

I watched quite a few Bengals games....this guy can plan. Curious to see how he will be used. I wonder if he'll see time both in the middle and outside. Great value for this guy. He won't make headlines but he'll do well in the trenches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes