PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots agree to terms with DE Jonathan Fanene three year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope DT Myron Proyor can stay healthy one of these years. He's a real awesome inside pass rusher.

Last edited:
I really hope DT Myron Proyor can stay healthy one of these years. He's a real awesome inside pass rusher.

Hes serviceable. Awesome is Justin Smith.

People forget that both rush DTs in the sub package were lost for the year (Wright and Pryor). Result was that Wilfork never left the field, which is amazing for someone his size. Wilfork obviously had to pace himself or he would be dragging in the 4th quarter. Don't know if Fanene can deliver or if Pryor is back to 100%, but these sub DT positions were just behind DB (cover S or another CB if McCourty shifts) in priority IMO. Helps the pass rush and allows Wilfork to go all out when he is on the field. Win-win.

Well

Brace is gone..it hurts both he and Butler what a waste

Most Likely will not draft DT in 1st round

Ellis on Bubble if not gone

Warren on speed dial.
This guy must be all world if you just cut 3 guys because of him.

Same draft class as Mike Wright - as well as Shaun Cody, Sione Pouha, Luis Castillo. So basically a swap for Mike Wright. Sounds like a similar or smaller cap cost to Wright. 6-3 290 as a rookie.

Position of need. Doesn't really change draft strategy any.

$12M over 4 years with a $3.85M signing bonus. So just over half of what Red Bryant got.

I'm good with a 34 base DE being added, but I am thrilled that a sub package inside rusher has been added. 2 more please.

Same draft class as Mike Wright - as well as Shaun Cody, Sione Pouha, Luis Castillo. So basically a swap for Mike Wright. Sounds like a similar or smaller cap cost to Wright. 6-3 290 as a rookie.

Position of need. Doesn't really change draft strategy any.

Plays the run much, much better than Wright.

$12M over 4 years with a $3.85M signing bonus. So just over half of what Red Bryant got.
Sounds like a year one cap hit of arund 2.5mill

3 year contract
an upgrade to Ellis

ANYTHING is an upgrade to Ellis.....he's got no tread left on the tires and he's riding on the rims!!!!

Plays the run much, much better than Wright.

what are you basing that analysis on Jack? Have you seen any video on him or watched him play some before? I am not trying to be a wise ***** here I just have never heard of the guy and would love to know what you have seen of him....thanks

what are you basing that analysis on Jack? Have you seen any video on him or watched him play some before? I am not trying to be a wise ***** here I just have never heard of the guy and would love to know what you have seen of him....thanks

This is Jack Bauer we're talking about here, second only to Chuck Norris.
If you can't take his word for it, then who can you trust?

-Jamman

I'll be honest here. I have no freaking idea who this guy is but I've ready probably 4 different scouting reports on the guy in the last 30 minutes and they are all favorable. They go on to say that he has a great motor, plays the run well, quality charater and can get after the passer.

If he brings the same pass rush as Wright did and plays the run better, sounds like a pretty darn good signing to me.

Last edited:

To be honest, I only got that from scouting reports and the fact that Wright wasn't exactly good against the run. Only way to go is up, I say!

Good signing, not costly. He's my 2nd options I want the Pats to look at after Red Bryant.

Christ, this fanbase has a lot of morons.

Decent signing at a position where there was a need.

If you want big name signings and no Championships, head elsewhere.

Try the Redskins; they always win the off season.

Sounds like a year one cap hit of arund 2.5mill

Again, just about what Wright cost.
Wright was $2.8mm on the cap in 2011.
An affordable swap for Mike Wright.

To be honest, I only got that from scouting reports and the fact that Wright wasn't exactly good against the run. Only way to go is up, I say!

OK thanks Jack....I haven't found alot out there on him as well.......But, in BB we trust!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back