PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots add Thomas to active roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
The Patriots announced this afternoon that they have signed Santonio Thomas to their active roster. Here’s the full text of the release: The New England Patriots signed defensive lineman Santonio Thomas to their active roster today. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. Thomas played in four games for the Patriots earlier this season and has [...]

More...

There's the last puzzle to the roster....FINALLY happened...like I thought time wise..HOPED for something a bit inspirational..but this is a game...teh Yates rule and all...maybe this means some rotation there...Smith active as well as Moore...but He played before earlier in teh year when Seymour was out...so?? Rewarding him for hard work early...

makes sense with the long game and keeping the d-line fresh

Very nice. There's a guy that has played hard and smart whenever he had a chance.

I personally can't think of anyone who deserves this little perk more.

Odds are he wasn't going to play; this is basically giving him a nice bonus for all his hard work, and doing it on the NFL's dime. :)

makes sense with the long game and keeping the d-line fresh

BB said after the 2003 SB that he blamed himself for the D tiring down the stretch because he didn't have enough DL active.

So he would get a ring if the Pats win?

Maybe BB is expecting to see a lot of Jacobs tomorrow.
I know that I am.
If I were Coughlin, I would take the game off of Eli's shoulders a little bit.
I would expect them to pound Jacobs for as long as they can.
Hence the need for fresh legs up front.

And he'll probably be inactive...

Which I think is a shame. I wish they would waive that for the Super Bowl. Let all 53 be active for the Super Bowl. What's the point of de-activating five players for the final game of the NFL season?

Is there any chance that Ventrone won't be on the active roster for the game? Might the Thomas signing impact that at all?

So he would get a ring if the Pats win?

After the last SB; Bob Kraft gave out more rings and more expensive rings than anybody did before. He supplemented the NFL budget for the rings with his own cash. All the PS players from whole season got one. As well as all the scouting dept and I think even all the official admin folks in organization. (I don't think the out-sourced beer vendors, security and pats shop staff were included :rolleyes: )

Whether or not he gets a ring is irrelevent to his activation. It only determines whether he gets the SB paycheck. (? $40k for winner / $25 K for loser was a couple years ago)

I think it is pretty unlikely he makes the active 45. so he is still irrelevant for the game.

There could be another good reason though - it may impact on who is eligible to be signed by another team. They may be locking him in for next year by activating him and putting him under contract for 2 + years.

I've been shocked at how few DL BB has kept active for recent games.

Don't be surprised if he runs the number all the way up to 6, with Thomas one of them.

They don't want to see big Santonio dancing in their backfield!!! With all the talk about the Giants DL, BB has been telling Warren, Seymore, Wilfork, Green and the boys that everyone thinks Giants DL is fast and great, while Pats DL is slow....I can't wait to see how pumped and prepared we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes